October 09, 2023
2297 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2512 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
09 Feb 2017 15:40 #243713 by Black Barney
i'm JUST about to start playing through Resident Evil 4 again. I must be getting close to my 10th playthrough at this point.

i HATE that Ken's copy is still shrink-wrapped and unplayed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2017 15:54 #243714 by hotseatgames
I'm looking forward to checking out the beta of For Honor this weekend. If it gives me even a shred of the feel I got playing MP in Rune, I'll snag it. A while back there was talk of Kickstarting Rune 2, but they never did it.

More
09 Feb 2017 16:07 #243716 by boothwah

Black Barney wrote: i'm JUST about to start playing through Resident Evil 4 again. I must be getting close to my 10th playthrough at this point.

i HATE that Ken's copy is still shrink-wrapped and unplayed.

I shall now attempt to summon Ken B., so that he might enumerate the number of games he holds in shrink wrapped servitude and that we may shame him for his transgressions:

*makes circle of unpainted AT plastic minis and man-scented candles*

*walks exterior of circle, while
plays in the background.*

*Seated in circle, invoke the summoning chant*

FART JOKES
WRASSLIN'
SLACK LINING PRINCETON GRADS
WACKIN' OFF BOOKS
BLANK THREADS
BY THE POWER OF ULAIRE ENQUEA AND BLUE MANA I COMPEL YOU
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
09 Feb 2017 16:10 #243718 by Vlad
I couldn't resist and bought Nioh, which I can't wait to try tonight.

Which probably means that I might not finish Watch Dogs 2 and debunk Barney's criticisms. I still can say that I liked my time with it way more than with any post Vice City GTAs, but it suffers from the same "actions with no consequences" syndrome of all open world games, which I find tiresome and childish.

More
09 Feb 2017 16:13 #243719 by Gary Sax
^would like to try Nioh, as a big Soulsbourne fan. Report back how it is.

More
09 Feb 2017 16:28 #243720 by Black Barney
Vlad you bastard, then whole problem with WD2 is that the new car smell wears off FAST and you realize the game doesn't work at all like it was meant to. I said 30 hours dammit!

...btw guys, I'm well over 1,100 hours played on Magic Duels. i think I have a problem.

More
09 Feb 2017 16:57 #243722 by hotseatgames
Wow. You really have some patience. I find the UI they employ in the Magic games to be insufferably slow.

More
09 Feb 2017 17:09 #243723 by Black Barney
you haven't played a game against me in anything :) I'm a SUPER slow player so it's perfect for me.

One game, my opponent starts blasting the Final Jeopardy music into his mic to get me speed up my decision making, lol

More
09 Feb 2017 17:16 #243725 by RobertB
Maybe you could find a judge to nag you about slow play.

And to keep on topic, I dragged out Dragon Age: Origins and started playing it again. I think I've made it halfway four times, I think. Maybe #5 will be the winner!

More
09 Feb 2017 18:09 #243726 by phandec
Hey Barney, if you want to make RE4 a truly terrifying experience, do what I (accidentally) did when I played through the game:

Don't get the scope for the rifle that lets you know where to target the Regeneradors. You end up experiencing the terror of those things through the whole game!

I remember going into the freezer room and seeing the safe in the back and thinking to myself that if I opened that safe, all the regeneradors in the room were going to wake up. I was so terrified of them that I said screw it, assuming that the safe just had some herbs in it or something and left.

I spent the entire rest of the game low on ammo because I fired clip after clip into those things without them dying. They do eventually go down. Eventually. I have never dreaded an enemy like I did those things.

And then I saw my brother playing, saw him go into scope, 3 shots and the thing died. It was an absolute WTF moment. I was really mad at first that I was so stupid, but then I realized that the game wouldn't have been anywhere near as terrifying if I had done it right.

Try the game the way I did. It'll be memorable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, hotseatgames

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.720 seconds