October 09, 2023
2511 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2708 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
23 Feb 2017 10:10 #244401 by Gary Sax
Also, Jason beats her in the giant bomb quicklook of this game, actually. (he beat her earlier but is replaying the level for the quicklook).

Didn't know about boss fight database, Jeb, thanks for the link!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Feb 2017 10:10 #244402 by hotseatgames
I wince every time I shred a nazi's balls.

More
23 Feb 2017 10:17 #244404 by Unicron

Disgustipater wrote: I'm pretty close to finishing Dark Souls II. Are the DLC areas worth playing through? Because unless they are pretty good, I'm going to skip them. DS2 just didn't grab me like the original, and I'm not a big fan of the gameplay changes, so I've just been powering through it..

Some of my favorite DS2 stuff was in the DLC, but the blizzard portion of the Ivory King DLC is among my least favorite things in Dark Souls (since Tomb of Giants anyhow. There were a lot of uninspired boss fights that were just "hey, try fighting three of these pricks at once". DS3 was a nice return to form, but I appreciated some of the things DS2 tried to change or add.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Disgustipater

More
23 Feb 2017 10:23 #244406 by Unicron

Michael Barnes wrote: After trying for the past week to beat her, I think I know what the problem is. There is no way that I can see to cheese her. In Souls, it seems like there is always a way that you can totally cheese out and beat all but the toughest bosses. In this, I can't figure out anything. There are no elemental weaknesses in particular. The only thing I've been able to completely thwart is her paralyzing attacks, I have a ton of defense against that.

Ha! I'm heading into that fight now, but haven't encountered her yet. Thanks for giving me something to look forward to. Ugh!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
24 Feb 2017 02:36 #244455 by Vlad
Beat that Nioh boss tonight. It was pretty much like that video posted by Jeb above. No tricks, no special moves, just dodge, dodge, dodge, hit, dodge, dodge, dodge, hit, etc. I felt slightly better about myself after vanquishing her, but not enough to justify the time invested in it.
Then I did a side mission (rescuing the village... for the 3rd time!), tried some random coop and then the next story mission. I did not die once until I got to the boss, who wasted me in approximately two seconds.
I have a feeling that the base game is actually kind of easier than Souls, thanks to very efficient ranged weaponry and the fact that enemies drop healing stuff on regular basis (with the appropriate blessing), all the combos and enemy stamina control. Maybe the designers have realized that, felt bad (because making a game easier than Soulbornes is probably a cause for embarrassment in Japan) and decided to amp the difficulty of boss fights.

Oh, those Diablo-like drops are really annoying. It is all the same stuff but with different numbers. It is also annoying to have a currency separate from souls that only serves you to buy arrows and bullets (I love how you can only carry 9 bullets on yourself + 100 suits of armor and 500 semi-identical weapons).

More
24 Feb 2017 20:27 #244517 by hotseatgames
Spent some time with the open beta of Ghost Recon Wildlands on PC today. I am a much better shot with a keyboard and mouse, but my PC is a bit chuggy in this game, even with a decently hot video card. Also, while you can play with the AI buddies, you definitely want real teammates. Preferably ones you actually know. I think a regular crew could have a lot of fun for a long time with this one.

The guns feel really good. Driving... it could be better, but taking a car over a cliff as a "shortcut" is pretty amusing.

More
25 Feb 2017 22:28 #244532 by Gary Sax
Early returns are that Breath of the Wild is fucking great. Curious to hear how you dudes with the Switch enjoy it.

More
26 Feb 2017 17:13 #244555 by Disgustipater
I have fallen deep into Hitman. Any time I am not playing it, I am thinking about it. Thinking about how I could do a certain thing, whether this or that would work, etc. Kind of like a puzzle game. I've decided to play it as if I bought it when it first came out. That is, max out each location before moving onto the next. I just got mastery level 20 in Paris, and I'm ready to move onto Sapienza. Originally I planned to do everything in a level, including all the Escalation missions, but there are like 20 of them for each level, so I'll go back to those later.

I'll probably do the Elusive targets, even ones not in an area I have played before, because why not?

I've only ever played Hitman Blood Money and I wasn't very good at it, and thought it was okay, but this one is great.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Gary Sax, hotseatgames, Vlad

More
26 Feb 2017 18:21 #244559 by hotseatgames
My quick thoughts after several hours of Ghost Recon Wildlands:
PROS:
- guns feel great
- animation, sneaking around, all great
- driving off of mountains is a blast
- huge landscape full of stuff to do

CONS:
- ALL of the dialog. Seriously, all of it is terrible. It's like what how a 7th grader must think soldiers talk.
- currently very buggy. It freezes, has huge frame rate drops, and will randomly kick people from sessions
- Even on normal difficulty, with all human players, it's insanely hard. Enemies will spawn behind you. F this game

After some patches, and a price reduction, this game will be worth your time. But it isn't now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Gary Sax

More
26 Feb 2017 19:46 #244563 by Vlad
So is this like Far Cry but with co-op kind of thing?
About the enemy. Are they hard just because they spawn and are many/tough, or is the AI any good? Do they use team tactics, flanking, communication and such? Drive vehicles?

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.600 seconds