October 09, 2023
2482 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2684 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
01 Aug 2017 09:33 #251930 by hotseatgames
The worst part of that story is that Dark Corners of the Earth is not very good, and definitely not worth the trouble.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2017 11:14 #251940 by Colorcrayons
I am currently farming for the ggibberinggem in Diablo III on PS3.

I am also diligently recording each run to the cave so that by the end of it, I can look back with bitterness at the data about exactly how stupid it was of me to go through all this trouble just to beat up unicorns and teddy bears.

More
02 Aug 2017 18:23 #252030 by Shellhead

hotseatgames wrote: The worst part of that story is that Dark Corners of the Earth is not very good, and definitely not worth the trouble.

You are probably right. It looks like this game is going to be tightly scripted, with only one good choice in every situation. But I do enjoy the horror atmosphere so far, so I will hang in there for now. May get another shot at patching the game tonight.

More
02 Aug 2017 18:49 #252034 by hotseatgames
If you get past the scene in the hotel, you can consider yourself having seen as good as it gets.

More
09 Aug 2017 10:39 #252282 by Colorcrayons
Hellblade Senuas Sacrifice on ps4.

In summary; it has me on the edge of my seat.

I don't mind linear adventures, and since Uncharted 4 came with my ps4, I'm more accustomed to being part of an interactive story unfolding in front of me. Games such as this are more for the experience than it is for engaging tactics that you see in dark souls combat. Puzzle are a jarring transition from exploration and fighting, and you live for the exploration in this game.

I'm only a couple hours into the game, and the rot has already crept up to my shoulder. I fear I shall die soon and sleep the long sleep in hel rather than waking in the Elysian Fields awaiting entrance to Valhalla.

The pacing and setting is anxiety inducing, so playing it with my GF nearby who suffers from severe anxiety is an enormous trigger, and even causes me some anxiety as well. Headphones are a must for this game, for the voices inside senua's head feeling as if they really are in yours, whispering schizophrenic delusions to you. My GF can't even hear what's going on and she leaves the room when senua is on screen. Which is a shame because my gf is a huge nordiphile and she was quite excited to witness it. But then again she couldn't handle the Vikings history channel show either, so not shocking she didn't like this either.

This is a top shelf game so far, and am glad I pushed the buy button. It may not have huge replayability, but considering the hundred or so bucks I've spent on sale games through the ps store, I'll take a good one at a high price over a dozen crappy ones for cheap. It has reinvigorated my faith in choosing the PlayStation and console gaming beyond grinding Diablo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Barnes, JEM

More
09 Aug 2017 16:10 #252304 by Michael Barnes
That sounds pretty cool but I have next to no trust in Ninja Theory...especially after Enslaved, which was just terrible. But there are some cool concepts in this. Maybe this weekend I'll check it out.

More
09 Aug 2017 19:55 #252315 by Erik Twice
It's incredible how deceptively deep A-Train 9 is. I was making money, owned over fifty subsidiares and my city had reached a population of one hundred thousand. Sure my train network was way under capacity and I was heavily in debt but both of these issues seemed minor. It seemed fine until I realized how poorly managed my game is:

a) One of my commuter routes is so long that trains take three days to go around it
b) I have designed all my routes as commuter routes, leaving no room for faster trains
c) My city has massive coverage issues with big gaps in the middle
d) Train lines are mostly parallel to each other making transfers difficult
e) My biggest commerce poles are not connected to each other
f) Had I quadruple-tracked my main lines I could have done three times the work with a tenth of the effort
g) I've expanded stations only to leave tracks to nowhere

This game might have a steep learning curve but it's certainly worth it. Here's a picture of my city.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames, JEM

More
09 Aug 2017 22:58 #252318 by jeb

Erik Twice wrote: a) One of my commuter routes is so long that trains take three days to go around it
b) I have designed all my routes as commuter routes, leaving no room for faster trains
c) My city has massive coverage issues with big gaps in the middle
d) Train lines are mostly parallel to each other making transfers difficult
e) My biggest commerce poles are not connected to each other
f) Had I quadruple-tracked my main lines I could have done three times the work with a tenth of the effort
g) I've expanded stations only to leave tracks to nowhere

You made Los Angeles.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boothwah, DukeofChutney, Unicron

More
10 Aug 2017 07:14 #252320 by JEM
After 570 hours of Fallout 4 I took a break and dove into Skyrim. There's a firm familiarity between the two (seeing as FO4 was ported from Skyrim more or less*) though with enough annoyances in the UI (and of course no VATS) that took some time to get over. Still, it's been a comfortable transition and there's a lot of cool stuff to poke around in. Sure, one hole in the mountainside is pretty much the same as the next but I'm having fun playing Thief with sneak archery and generally wandering around looking for stuff to do.

I can't see myself sticking with this for another 550 hours but I'm enjoying it so far.

*people joke about Vertibirds always crashing near you in Fallout 4- they're re-skinned Skyrim dragons and follow similar behaviours.

More
10 Aug 2017 07:56 #252321 by hotseatgames
Dark Brotherhood stuff in Skyrim is very fun, and it's basically a quest in itself just to find it.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.420 seconds