October 09, 2023
2491 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2691 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
30 Aug 2017 00:24 #253374 by Frohike
New Overwatch patch. They buffed my main, Junkrat, with two concussion mines. Two! Can spam them as damage or double jumps. First QP game on Junkrat garnered me 40 kills... yeah, he may get nerfed. I'm curious to see how the new Mercy will play since she's my other main; I don't like the plays I've seen in PTR videos but that may even out as the meta adjusts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jexik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Aug 2017 10:46 - 30 Aug 2017 10:51 #253407 by Jexik

iguanaDitty wrote: I just discovered this XCOM thing and am thinking I will pick up XCOM enemy within for cheap sometime.

One of my top 5 turn based tactical board games of all time. I like that I don't have to build the terrain or roll the percentile dice.

Frohike wrote: New Overwatch patch. They buffed my main, Junkrat, with two concussion mines. Two! Can spam them as damage or double jumps. First QP game on Junkrat garnered me 40 kills... yeah, he may get nerfed. I'm curious to see how the new Mercy will play since she's my other main; I don't like the plays I've seen in PTR videos but that may even out as the meta adjusts.

I'm excited to try out the new Mercy. I'm crap at shooting, so when I did competitive I'd usually grab Mercy. I hated that I was basically penalized for keeping my guys alive. I'd be sitting on my rez for awhile, grit my teeth and do a 1 or 2 man rez, and then Reaper or DVA would drop in 10 seconds later and I'd swear at the television. I could care less about her new ult, although it looks fun. I'm mostly excited for the single Res on a cooldown.

I do a lot of 3v3's too, and I'll play just about any female character except for Ana. Reaper and Soldier are probably impotent by now, so I play them too. ;)
Last edit: 30 Aug 2017 10:51 by Jexik. Reason: does that mean I'm non-binary
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
30 Aug 2017 11:16 #253412 by Gary Sax
New xcom is reviewing amazing, might jump in after...

Got breath of the wild. I needed something long after doing the Witcher, diving deep in civ 6, then completing dark souls 3 dlc and taking a break.

More
30 Aug 2017 11:17 #253413 by hotseatgames
I haven't touched Zelda in a few weeks. I'd like to get back to it, but I started making my own video game, which has consumed a lot of free time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Gary Sax

More
30 Aug 2017 15:44 #253439 by Gary Sax
Xcom Mario-Rabbids looks fucking cool for Switch. That's unexpected.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
30 Aug 2017 15:49 #253441 by Michael Barnes
Yeah, I'm thinking about picking that up...I don't like Rabbids at all but the game sounds great.

More
30 Aug 2017 17:57 #253455 by hotseatgames
I do believe my kids will be getting that Mario Rabbids game for their birthday. A completely selfless gesture on my part.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
31 Aug 2017 15:36 #253516 by Michael Barnes
I traded a bunch of ancient stuff at GameStop, for the 60% bonus, and got the Mario Rabbids thing.

It's good! It is in fact very XCOM but very streamlined. For example, if you are shooting at something in the open, it's 100% to hit. Behind cover, it is 50% to hit and you might hit the destructible cover. Full cover you can't hit it but you might damage the cover. I think this is pretty brilliant. Weapons also have status effects that go off at certain percentages- burn, push, honey...

Moving also has a couple of neat innovations that are also very Mario. If you move on top of one of your teammates, you can bounce on them and basically get a second move. There is also a built in melee dash attack, if you move through an enemy you damage them.

Not very challenging so far, but FUN. It is definitely more Mario than Rabbids, and it feels like a modern update on the Mario RPG formula. The Rabbids are sort of knowingly regarded as an annoying nuisance, which is kind of funny.

Never really noticed how Minions are kind of a ripoff of them...

But yeah, this is a winner.

More
01 Sep 2017 01:18 #253560 by Gary Sax
^supposed to get much much more involved and challenging as you push ahead.

More
02 Sep 2017 11:59 #253600 by hotseatgames
Last night, Disgustipater and I tore it up in PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, so much so that even the blue circle of death feared us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, SuperflyPete

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 1.213 seconds