October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2508 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What TV SHOWS are you watching?

More
22 Apr 2017 17:48 #246963 by Black Barney
David S Pumpkins is going to be making a spooky appearance tonight on SNL. I didn't watch a new live show last week with Jimmy Fallon but I'll sure as shoot watch a repeat with Tom Hanks tonight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2017 21:40 #246971 by hotseatgames
The first episode of the new season of Fargo was pretty enjoyable. Once again, idiot criminals being idiots.

More
23 Apr 2017 00:18 #246980 by metalface13
Finally getting around to watching Jessica Jones after watching the first episode probably a year ago. The first episode was good, but didn't really enthrall me in any way or make me feel I needed to see more. I'm now on episode 9 and hooked. I didn't know David Tennant was in it, he's sooo good as the bad guy.

On a note of what show I will be watching ... just learned one of my wife's good friends is going to executive produce and be the head writer for an adaptation of the Wheel of Time series. I read a good chunk of the series when I was in high school, don't really remember much about it other than the books where long, but thought that was exciting news.

More
23 Apr 2017 09:32 - 23 Apr 2017 09:42 #246985 by Grudunza

hotseatgames wrote: The first episode of the new season of Fargo was pretty enjoyable. Once again, idiot criminals being idiots.

That and Mary Elizabeth Winstead's ass. Exquisite. Damn, I feel like an old lech saying that, but it's true.

I am wondering if there's anything really new this season is going to bring, but it's an enjoyable formula, regardless. I was probably in the minority that liked season 2 better than 1, overall, because it felt more like its own thing. This season seems a bit more like season 1 (and the film), though not as strong out of the gate. Still, I like some of the things they're setting up. Should be a fun ride.

Fargo, Better Call Saul, Leftovers. A wealth of quality shows all in full swing again.
Last edit: 23 Apr 2017 09:42 by Grudunza.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
23 Apr 2017 10:20 #246987 by Black Barney
Pics or it didn't happen

More
23 Apr 2017 11:06 #246991 by Grudunza

Black Barney wrote: Pics or it didn't happen

Sorry, but my pics of that have been spank banked, and banks are closed on Sundays. :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
24 Apr 2017 05:36 #247016 by san il defanso
I've been watching lots of the MST3K reboot. It's mostly good, although they have picked some surprising watchable movies for the new season. The riffing, at its worst, can sometimes consist of just making a reference without actually making a joke, which is disappointing. I think that's often a reflection of a boring movie, whereas the old show would just kind of be silent.

Still fun to watch. I am halfway through and enjoying it quite a bit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grudunza, SebastianBludd

More
01 May 2017 11:41 - 01 May 2017 11:41 #247535 by Grudunza
Rick and Morty, y'all. Hilarious and brilliant. Took me about 5 minutes or so into the pilot to kind of get my bearings... but man, once it hits it doesn't let up. Supposed to be vaguely a Back to the Future homage, with an old weird science guy (Rick/Doc) going on adventures with his grandson, Morty (Marty). That's about where the BTTF similarities end, but from that basic framework they have an amazing comedic universe to explore. It is almost non-stop with clever comedy and sci-fi strangeness, and some of the best non-sequitur humor I've seen (the line "no relation" in the pilot had me rolling). I'm two eps in and will easily catch up in a few days. Available on Hulu.

The second episode of Fargo 3 was great. Not a whole lot happened, plot-wise, but it just had that kind of tone and wit that makes this show and that world so fun to watch. The first episode was just okay by comparison, mostly introducing characters and setting up the season's premise. But this one really hit the mark, and now I'm super excited for the rest.
Last edit: 01 May 2017 11:41 by Grudunza.

More
01 May 2017 11:57 #247536 by hotseatgames
I watched the premier of American Gods. I did not read the book so I was going in cold. At this point the plot is incomprehensible. But hey, a guy gets swallowed whole by a woman's vagina.

More
01 May 2017 12:47 #247540 by Joebot

hotseatgames wrote: I watched the premier of American Gods. I did not read the book so I was going in cold. At this point the plot is incomprehensible. But hey, a guy gets swallowed whole by a woman's vagina.

I have read the book (although it's been many years), and I wondered how accessible that pilot episode was to non-book-readers. That had to have been just total gibberish! Albeit, very beautifully shot and directed gibberish! I liked it. I thought it was really weird (in a good way), and the cast seems great. Man, I love seeing Ian McShane on TV again in a good, meaty role like this.

I also watched the first season of Into the Badlands, which is kind of garbage. The fight scenes are a ton of fun, and they go a long ways to hide the poor writing, wooden acting, and shitty world-building

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds