Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

TOPIC: What TV SHOWS are you watching?

What TV SHOWS are you watching? 13 Oct 2017 15:25 #255683

Watched episode 1 of season 3 of Mr. Robot. Seems like the story line might be good this season. The show is up to its usual "let's make no fucking sense" antics.

Also watched episode 1 of Mindhunters, a new Netflix series about FBI criminal psychologists in 1977. I don't know how I feel about it yet, but I do know that the titles they flash on the screen any time the scene goes to a new location are very jarring.
  • hotseatgames
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D10
  • Thank you received: 1505
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What TV SHOWS are you watching? 13 Oct 2017 15:37 #255685

I thought the writing/dialogue was kind of weak for the Mr. Robot premiere, but then there was that extended nihilistic piece that Elliott has. They do those kind of things every once in a while, and I keep coming back.
  • Grudunza
  • D8
  • Thank you received: 813

What TV SHOWS are you watching? 13 Oct 2017 22:50 #255700

Watched season 1 of Stranger Things over the past week or so. Pretty good. I had to laugh when I read that the Duffers had apparently pitched it to several cable networks, most of which doubted the viability of a series with children as the lead actors. Have these people never heard of Harry fucking Potter? How out of touch with the last two decades of fiction and film do you have to be to come to that conclusion?

Anyway, it had some interesting aspects. The Duffers are clearly infatuated with the 80s and they did a good job of injecting several elements into it that were redolent of that decade, including the score and mimicking techniques of directors like John Carpenter. Kind of convenient that season 2 starts in two weeks, too.
  • Jackwraith
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ninja
  • Thank you received: 904
Moderators: Jackwraith, Mad Dog, wadenels
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds