October 09, 2023
2444 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2645 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What TV SHOWS are you watching?

More
22 Jun 2016 11:20 #229218 by ChristopherMD

Black Barney wrote: Yeah ghost was mysteriously absent.

as for the Starks...

Warning: Spoiler!

Warden of the North is

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2016 11:37 #229220 by Grudunza
The episode was great, regardless, but the early parts of the Winterfell battle looked fake to me, almost as if Jon Snow was driving in a car with the background scrolling around him. I assume that's not what it was (and I'm exaggerating), and perhaps it was just filtered to look the way it did, but it almost seemed like he was detached from what was happening.

I was a little disappointed with the ending... somehow, I was expecting an even worse fate for that person.

Anyway, I'm more looking forward to this week. The big battles are fun, but to me GoT is better when it's about the intrigue and political conflict (combined with some physical conflict), and more of that should be paying off in the season finale.

More
22 Jun 2016 14:02 #229226 by metalface13

More
22 Jun 2016 14:27 #229228 by Michael Barnes
What are we talking about?

Dallas?

Falcon Crest?

Dynasty?

A nerd version of all of the above?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

More
22 Jun 2016 14:52 #229229 by JEM
Replied by JEM on topic What TV SHOWS are you watching?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
22 Jun 2016 16:46 #229231 by metalface13

Michael Barnes wrote: What are we talking about?

Dallas?

Falcon Crest?

Dynasty?

A nerd version of all of the above?

Would it be great if you could smash up your favorite shows? I can only imagine how amazing Twin Peaks + Arrested Development would be.

More
22 Jun 2016 16:51 #229232 by the_jake_1973
Alf + Dexter
The following user(s) said Thank You: metalface13

More
22 Jun 2016 17:02 #229234 by Black Barney
My two favourite TV shows are Game of Thrones and ST: Next Generation. i don't see anyway to mash those up. I don't think there is a better example than Westeros for how the Prime Directive needs to be respected. Picard looks at King's Landing....looks North of the Wall.... yeah....we're not getting in the middle of this and orders the ship to leave orbit as Riker is super pissed that he didn't get to sleep with the Mother of Dragons.

More
22 Jun 2016 21:19 #229244 by vijr
Game of Thrones, Daredevil, Peaky Blinders, Preacher.

Someone mentioned if Hannibal was worth watching. I thought it was extremely gory and sadistic but the acting and characters were great. Preacher is really interesting to me. Never read the comic other than hearing the general idea from friends.

Daredevil season two is falling flat for me. Still entertaining but the writing has taken a tank job.

I'd mash Archer with The Wire. Sterling and McNulty feeding off each other's phrasings. Krieger and Freamon. Pam with Omar. Cheryl/Cherlene with any of Baltimore's finest.

More
22 Jun 2016 21:31 #229245 by ChristopherMD
Anyone else still watching Turn?

More
22 Jun 2016 22:36 #229247 by Shellhead
I'm only halfway through the whole Sons of Anarchy series, and I have gradually noticed something. It's not unusual for a bad guy to meet a horrific end, but that is usually after getting away with a lot of shit and no repercussions until the end. But in this show, Clay is clearly a very bad guy, but he also suffers greatly throughout the series.

More
23 Jun 2016 08:43 #229257 by charlest
I fell away from Turn two seasons ago Mad Dog and never got back unfortunately.

Started watching Outcast yesterday, a Cinemax show that is surprisingly well done about a man who has found himself surrounding with demonic possession during his life. His mother was possessed when he was a child and later his wife.

It had a high rating on IMDB so I gave it a chance and it's pretty damn interesting.

More
23 Jun 2016 10:16 #229260 by metalface13
I think Alf + anything would be amazing. In high school my friend and I had a whole Alf 2.0 concept we were ready to pitch. Alf and a grown-up Brian living in the city in a crusty apartment with Satan as their landlord. Hilarity ensues, obviously.

Is Turn any good? My mother-in-law watches it but I haven't checked it out myself.

I finished watching The Night Manager last week. Great miniseries. Tom Hiddlestone and Hugh Laurie are great as ever. Olivia Colman is also really great in it, didn't even make me think about her role in Peep Show for a minute. Well, maybe for a second when I thought about how she didn't make me think about her character in Peep Show.

Need to see the latest Preacher, I've seen the first two. I'm enjoying it way more than the comic, which I had a really low opinion of. Dominic Cooper has a lot to do with my enjoyment of the show. The guy who plays Cassidy is rather charming as well. Tulip I still find a little annoying and cartoonish though. I like that the show is showing us Jesse trying to be a preacher and trying to help people. To me the comic he felt like some guy who just happened to be wearing a preacher's collar, it just never really made sense to me.

More
23 Jun 2016 10:30 #229261 by Gregarius
Late to the discussion, but yeah, that GoT battle scene was phenomenal.

I'm really looking forward to the finale this weekend. I never watch the previews, so I have no idea what to expect. Is it true that it's a double-length episode?

More
23 Jun 2016 10:39 #229262 by metalface13

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.572 seconds