October 09, 2023
2451 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2654 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What TV SHOWS are you watching?

More
02 Oct 2016 22:21 #235350 by ChristopherMD
Been binge-watching Luke Cage. I'm not really digging it as much as the prior shows. Just seems kind of cliche and obvious.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2016 09:54 #235378 by Joebot

Mad Dog wrote: Been binge-watching Luke Cage. I'm not really digging it as much as the prior shows. Just seems kind of cliche and obvious.

I'm only two episodes into Luke Cage, but I like it so far. The pacing is a bit slow and deliberate, but some excellent world-building going on. I like that they're spending a lot of time building up the supporting cast, which is something Daredevil and Jessica Jones didn't do enough of. Also, I love to see Wire alums, so it's great to see Commissioner Burrell and Butchie again.

I watched the premiere of Westworld. Great stuff so far. Killer production values, terrific cast, and a really interesting premise. I'm very intrigued to see where they go with this. Particularly Ed Harris' character, who seemed weirdly disconnected from the rest of the cast, almost like he'd wandered in from some other show.

More
03 Oct 2016 11:50 #235396 by the_jake_1973
My wife and I finished watching Justified and really enjoyed the show. Great dialog and enjoyable characters. It does remind me of a long game session of Fiasco in all the right ways.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, Msample

More
03 Oct 2016 18:14 #235427 by Grudunza
Yeah, Westworld is very promising. I made the mistake of tuning in 10 minutes late and thinking, eh, I know the premise. But watching that first 10 minutes later, that part really helped to pay off some of the later things. I feel like I know where it's heading (a mix of Ex Machina and BSG), but imagine and hope that they'll throw some wrenches in there to keep me guessing. The Ed Harris character does seem like an oddball, but also likely driving the main mystery element of the plot. Anthony Hopkins is terrific as usual.

More
03 Oct 2016 18:15 #235428 by Cranberries
Justified was very good. I kept thinking it could have been great.

I started the new seasons of Brooklyn Nine Nine and Superstore. Both felt unbearably dumb after a long summer of not watching sitcoms. The Blacklist has gotten too dumb to watch. Maybe I'll take a TeeVee break.

More
05 Oct 2016 23:37 #235603 by hotseatgames
Finished the second episode of Luke Cage. The first ep was just okay... but ep 2 was significantly better. I'm looking forward to more.

More
11 Oct 2016 08:01 - 11 Oct 2016 08:01 #235896 by Mr. White
Luke Cage

I'm four episodes in...and not sure if I'm going to continue. I liked the Power Man & Iron Fist comic/combo as lot as a kid and I think it's becoming apparent to me that they need each other to play off of. Luke Cage by himself, well, at least this tale, isn't setting my world on fire. The origin tale wasn't until the 4th episode, he needs a heavy or something to battle, and there really hasn't been any great combat scenes. He had one, going into the Crispus Attucks building, but it felt sort of brief after the long wait. DD has more actions scenes in one episode than this has had in four.

Now, I'm not a spazz that needs wall to wall action, but when I settle in for a superhero tale I wanna see a little.

Watching this has me wondering if I'm going to be in on Iron Fist as well. He's sort of a low rent Daredevil with a better costume, and without Cage to play off of...maybe I'll find he by himself isn't all that.

Oh, anyone have any idea if this Cage series takes place before or after Jessica Jones? I guess from reading some reviews, I was under the impression he and her are a couple. She's nowhere to be seen here.
Last edit: 11 Oct 2016 08:01 by Mr. White.

More
11 Oct 2016 08:19 #235899 by ChristopherMD
Its confirmed in later episodes that Cage definitely takes place after Jessica Jones.

More
11 Oct 2016 08:20 #235900 by the_jake_1973
I came across an older British crime drama on Amazon, Whitechapel. Not bad as far as the cop-genre goes. The first season surrounded a Ripper copycat. We'll likely watch the subsequent seasons.

More
11 Oct 2016 09:02 #235905 by Jarvis
I binge watched Luke Cage last week and really enjoyed it. I didn't think it was as good as Daredevil or Jessica Jones, but I did think it was a lot of fun.

I've been watching season one of Ash vs Evil Dead and recording the new one for when I'm ready for that. Stupid guilty fun show. I was hooked on it from the first episode flashback on how the story began.

Im going to give Timeless a try as well. It's a time travel show on NBC so I predict a season or less.

Lastly I'm recording Westworld, but haven't watched it yet. I have a few friends who want to watch it too so I'm recording them and waiting till we all get together to watch them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD

More
21 Oct 2016 19:44 #236652 by Grudunza
Six new episodes of Black Mirror on Netflix. First two are amazing. Binging the rest tonight.

More
21 Oct 2016 20:09 #236654 by ChristopherMD
Timeless - 3 episodes in. I'll stick with it because the places they've gone have been cool but I don't expect much from it. Not a must-see. Will probably get cancelled soon.

Supergirl - A strong start in the first two episodes. I really liked their take on Superman and that the show overall is very bright and optimistic. Won't miss Calista Flockhart.

Flash - Been liking the Flashpoint stuff. I hope they break with the pattern of their previous seasons and Dr Alchemy doesn't turn out to be the new guy that works with Barry. Just too obvious.

Agents of SHIELD - It was worth the first 3 un-even seasons of this show just for the Ghost Rider stuff this season. I would watch a spinoff of this GR.

More
22 Oct 2016 04:04 #236673 by Hex Sinister
Finally catching up on Deadwood. Ian McShane just tears it up. What a magnificent cunt he is. Loving it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample, Black Barney, Columbob

More
22 Oct 2016 09:08 - 22 Oct 2016 10:01 #236680 by Black Barney
Yes he is. Game of Thrones, John Wick, Westworldother western show...doing some fine work he is.
Last edit: 22 Oct 2016 10:01 by Black Barney.

More
22 Oct 2016 13:50 #236692 by Vlad
I didn't realize he was in the GoT until now. Such a great actor.

Anyway, started watching Deadwood a couple of weeks ago, too. We're almost at the end of the first season, and WOW.
This easily rivals with Sopranos and The Wire. What I find incredible is how it presents Wild West in a completely different light from anything I've seen before (it is more like Gangs of New York than a western), and very believable and compelling. There's also not a character I'm not invested in. Even the background characters display a surprising amount of depth. There's a coherency to this show (at least season1) that's uncanny even considering we live in TV-show's golden age.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, Hex Sinister, Msample

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.610 seconds