October 09, 2023
2444 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2645 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

Walking Dead TV talk (w/ spoilers)

More
19 Mar 2012 18:12 #119732 by mikecl

Grudunza wrote: I forgot to mention from the previous episode that Carl shooting Shane was about the worst dramatized thing I've seen. What person wouldn't say "Dad, look out!"? But of course they had to make you think he might be pointing at Rick. Dumb dumb dumb. Great season, much better than the first, but still prone to cheese like that, unfortunately.

I gotta say I thought the same thing, but in defense of cheese, stress and shock do funny things to people so who's to say really.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2012 21:29 - 19 Mar 2012 21:30 #119760 by Notahandle
#11. Not one of the better ones. And the winner of the 'who gets to wander off and be stupid this episode' competition is Carl. Surprise ending; I liked that it was the same zombie that Carl released. But Dale? I thought he would be one of the ones that lasted, as he's the sole voice of morality and compassion. But his death was so contrived, he uncharacteristically goes off alone and the zombie appears out of nowhere, such poor writing.

#12. A nice setting up of the final confrontation between Rick and Shane, great scene, great acting, very atmospheric. Searching the woods in the dark is dumb, but I'll give that a pass on the basis that Daryl's very good at what he does and Rick knew it was time, i.e. neither of them were really searching. Cue season finale of a walker attack on the farmhouse, probably leading to everyone moving on to a new location. I'm downloading the final episode now.

Black Barney wrote:
" Ok so now that Dale is gone I think my favourite character is Daryl."
Barney, you're so fickle!
" notahandle, careful in this thread cuz it's spoiler heavy beyond the episodes you've seen."
For sure, and thanks, I've been checking the dates of the posts before reading and stopping when it's after the broadcast date of the latest episode I've seen. Basically, I'm writing my reaction to the episodes, then reading the threads, adding any comments, then posting.
Last edit: 19 Mar 2012 21:30 by Notahandle.

More
20 Mar 2012 01:07 #119779 by Black Barney
oh man what a disappointing season finale, was that the finale btw? I never read the comic but that's cool that there is a prison so close. In most zombie literature I,ve read, prisons are the ONLY safe places to fortify.

Angela running into that cool dude was neat and unexpected. Was that like a blind swordsman or something? My wife thinks it's merril but I don't think so.

Hey, speaking of my wife, she said the EXACT same thing Gary Sax said about Lori being totally inconsistent with wanting Shane dead a few episodes back. Man, they must use different writers for each episode who don't follow each other at all. Maddening.

Anyway, with just about everyone getting on my nerves in this episode and this being a character-driven show, I hope Walking Dead hasn't jumped the shark.

i still like Daryl tho

oh and lol at that IDIOT boyfriend guy opening up the door of the RV all harmlessly, "hello...?"

stupid moron

More
20 Mar 2012 01:15 #119782 by Octavian
The hooded figure is a fan-favorite character from the comic.

Also, not a dude.

More
20 Mar 2012 01:18 #119784 by Black Barney
look at you with your fancy-schmancy spoilers.

Octavian in the early 80s...

Empire Strikes Back is a great movie and is bound to be a fan-favourite.

Also, Luke is not unrelated to Darth Vader.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dair

More
20 Mar 2012 01:50 #119786 by QPCloudy

Black Barney wrote: look at you with your fancy-schmancy spoilers.

Octavian in the early 80s...

Empire Strikes Back is a great movie and is bound to be a fan-favourite.

Also, Luke is not unrelated to Darth Vader.

Admittedly, you can see her chest. She actually has rather nice boobies, lol.

This episode was really disappointing. I guess it was "okay", but definitely not finale caliber. At any rate, I suppose it was a decent place to leave off.

More
20 Mar 2012 14:42 #119850 by ZMan
For some reason, my DVR cut off before Andrea got rescued. Went to amctv.com and got to see her being rescued (I know by whom since I have read the ocmic). But was there a scene after that? And if so, what happened?

Worst spoiler moment I had seen - we were coming out of Empire Strikes Back, passing the very long line to get into the next showing when one of the moviegoers who was in the show I was in started screaming "Darth Vader is Luke's father!" Man that guy almost got pummelled to death.

More
20 Mar 2012 16:48 #119874 by Octavian

ZMan wrote: For some reason, my DVR cut off before Andrea got rescued. Went to amctv.com and got to see her being rescued (I know by whom since I have read the ocmic). But was there a scene after that? And if so, what happened?

The final scene was the rest of the survivors around a campfire. In the scene....
Warning: Spoiler!

More
21 Mar 2012 14:19 #120056 by QPCloudy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Notahandle, Black Barney, aerodynamics

More
21 Mar 2012 16:32 #120102 by Gary Sax

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds