October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2509 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

Walking Dead TV talk (w/ spoilers)

More
16 Mar 2012 14:41 #119515 by Gary Sax
Rick shoots the fat guy the second time to get his head, I'm pretty sure he brained the other guy he shot first.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2012 13:04 - 18 Mar 2012 13:06 #119634 by Notahandle
Just watched #8-10.

#8. Otis rounded up walkers so I figure Herschel didn't know Sophia was in the barn because Otis and Shane went off to get the medical supplies right away. As for Lori driving into town after Rick and Glen, so stupid on so many levels. What? She thinks she's out for a nice Sunday drive? This is one of the things I don't like about the series, too many of the characters don't pay enough attention to their surroundings, they aren't cautious enough, they let their guard down. The whole bar sequence was very well done, Rick and Herschel's conversation was great for creating a better understanding and partnership between the two. The way the two men from Philadelphia talked and kept looking for cues from each other, and Rick being a good cop and noticing everything and getting more and more suspicious was excellently handled. And what a killer ending.

#9. So Lori leaves the car and walks off, making it harder to find her. Dumb and dumber. Bringing the guy (Randall) back only to want to let him go miles away is silly. Better to give him a chance to join and watch him. Herschel confronting Shane was a good, strong scene.

#10. The Rick/Shane talk, fight, talk worked well. I liked it that Rick started to leave; it tells Shane that he's more out on a limb than he realised. Then the very poignant scene where Rick contemplates the two cop bodies and decides to return for Shane. Trouble is, Rick thinks everything's out in the open and they're going to move forward. I'm unconvinced: Shane was too quiet, too introverted, said nothing to indicate that he'll cooperate and work better with Rick in the future. He's good for the group, but not for the individual; Dale's right not to trust him. With the 'no bites' speculation over the cop bodies, maybe they're just suggesting that it takes less to get infected than they thought. However, it seems rather late for that, nearly halfway through the second season. Perhaps they're suggesting that the disease is now more contagious, stronger or airborne?

All in all, I have to agree that the second season is far better than the first, the characters are getting more rounded out and the group dynamics more complicated.

Black Barney wrote:
" some jerk in another website spoiled something for me that is going to happen down the road and it's pretty big."
So I shouldn't mention that the Martians invade, right?
Last edit: 18 Mar 2012 13:06 by Notahandle.

More
18 Mar 2012 20:38 #119658 by Black Barney
yeah 2nd season has tons of jaw-dropping moments whereas season one had...ONE (that great scene when Carl sees his dad for the first time).

lol @ martian invading. It'll be like an Indiana Jones movie!

notahandle, careful in this thread cuz it's spoiler heavy beyond the episodes you've seen.

More
18 Mar 2012 21:05 #119661 by QPCloudy
By the way, are we ever going to see the dude and his kid from season one again? If it's in the comics, don't spoil it! I want to see them though, lol.

More
18 Mar 2012 23:16 #119668 by Black Barney
I actually would strongly dislike if we saw Meril or the dude and his kid again because it's a HUGE country and the chances of running into each other are really improbable unless you're a lazy writer.

If they end up in some sort of official refuge or bunker, THEN I'll buy it. Maybe it'll end like The Mist and Rick will waste Carl just as a bus drives by with survivors including Sophia's mom and obviously the black guy and his kid.

...nah, Darabont left so no chance of that

More
19 Mar 2012 17:01 #119722 by Grudunza
Wow.

I missed the first few minutes... Can someone recap? It looked like they were showing something about where all of those zombies came from.

Laurie's a bitch for her reaction to Rick's explanation about Shane. Makes it seem like she doesn't believe him or would have preferred Shane to be the one who came back.

What the heck is with the person who Andrea meets, and their little zombie slave attachment?

What was that building or complex at the end? It was hard to see on a little hotel TV. A prison, maybe? That would seem to be a safe place to stay for a while.

More
19 Mar 2012 17:06 - 19 Mar 2012 17:08 #119723 by bfkiller

Grudunza wrote: Wow.

I missed the first few minutes... Can someone recap? It looked like they were showing something about where all of those zombies came from.

The swarm was from the city (are they still nearest to Atlanta?). A helicoptor (!) flew overhead in the general direction of the farm and the zombies started walking in that direction after it.

Your other two questions are answered fairly early in the comics (maybe about a dozen issues in). As for your last question:

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 19 Mar 2012 17:08 by bfkiller.

More
19 Mar 2012 17:23 - 19 Mar 2012 17:23 #119726 by Gary Sax
Yeah, looks like they're following a very general comic outline, but doing different stuff in the seasons themselves. I like it.

This last episode wasn't too bad, I enjoyed it. This whole season has kept me subscribed on the DVR, I was about 1 millisecond away from cancelling it last season after that abominable last episode at the CDC. I just don't really understand Lori's reaction to Rick killing Shane at all. I mean, aren't we just weeks removed from that heavy handed scene where Lori is literally whispering about how dangerous Shane is into Rick's ear?
Last edit: 19 Mar 2012 17:23 by Gary Sax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
19 Mar 2012 17:30 #119728 by Grudunza
I forgot to mention from the previous episode that Carl shooting Shane was about the worst dramatized thing I've seen. What person wouldn't say "Dad, look out!"? But of course they had to make you think he might be pointing at Rick. Dumb dumb dumb. Great season, much better than the first, but still prone to cheese like that, unfortunately.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dair

More
19 Mar 2012 17:31 - 19 Mar 2012 17:34 #119729 by bfkiller
I actually didn't mind that scene between Rick and Lori. It was a complex situation: 1) Lori feels revulsion that Rick wanted Shane dead, 2) Lori feels shame for also wanting Shane dead despite still caring for him, and 3) guilt and anger that Carl was involved. I think she just realized that their humanity is slipping away, not just Shane's.

Sometimes the writers make Lori a dumb fucking character (her driving out to find Rick a few episodes back), but I bought into her reaction in this scene.
Last edit: 19 Mar 2012 17:34 by bfkiller.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hex Sinister

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds