October 09, 2023
2454 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2657 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

What is your favorite show?

More
26 Jun 2012 09:29 #129327 by Marcussen

schlupp wrote: Also Marcussen, as long as you're here, tell us more about Clash of Cultures!!!

It's a pretty decent game :D

There will be lots of info the coming months. New stuff every week I imagine. So all in good time.

FRINGE. I found it pretty good at first, but I got a little lost during 2nd season. It did give me a kind of LOST feeling, where all kinds of stuff (seemingly unrelated) is introduced.

One of the things I do not like about LOST (thought I like it overall) is that it can't decide what it is. Are the mysteries a social experiement, magic, supernatural, gods, mechanical, etc... And rather than picking one, it picks them all. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jun 2012 15:05 #129341 by Shellhead

Dair wrote:

Sagrilarus wrote: The Wire isn't real popular here in Baltimore.

S.

I can see how that would be true. I think that most people outside of Baltimore (myself included) don't see it as a condemnation on the shortcomings of that city. I see it as a portayal of the problems of urban society throughout the US.

I agree. I'm a big fan of The Wire, but I don't take away a message that Baltimore sucks. As I see it, the show addressed some serious problems found in American cities by specifically taking a close look at Baltimore.

My list:

1. The Wire
2. Firefly
3. Jonny Quest
4. Jackie Chan Adventures
5. (space reserved for A Game of Thrones when I finally get around to watching it.)

More
26 Jun 2012 15:31 #129344 by san il defanso
My favorite show recently has been Parks & Recreation. Not only is it hilarious, but it has some of the best characters I've ever seen in comedies. They are genuinely decent people, and the show has made a very good habit of growing the characters as the series progresses. It's been very rewarding to see it find it's feet after the rough first season. If you watched it early and balked at the wobbly first six episodes, definitely come back it it. It's become something very special.

Oh, and Pawnee is the funniest fictional town since Springfield.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dair, mikecl

More
26 Jun 2012 15:44 #129347 by dave

San Il Defanso wrote: My favorite show recently has been Parks & Recreation. [...] If you watched it early and balked at the wobbly first six episodes, definitely come back it it. It's become something very special.

This is the one show the wife & I currently watch. The show has lots of funny but I find it lacks resonance due to most of the cast being one-dimensional props for writers' jokes. My favorite stretch of the show was season one because I liked how Ann & Andy fit into the storyline, and the pit was a character on its own and was central to the plot; the episodes were more about the storyline and less of a framework for jokes. It had a Christopher Guest vibe to it then.

More
26 Jun 2012 16:30 #129349 by san il defanso

dave wrote:

San Il Defanso wrote: My favorite show recently has been Parks & Recreation. [...] If you watched it early and balked at the wobbly first six episodes, definitely come back it it. It's become something very special.

This is the one show the wife & I currently watch. The show has lots of funny but I find it lacks resonance due to most of the cast being one-dimensional props for writers' jokes. My favorite stretch of the show was season one because I liked how Ann & Andy fit into the storyline, and the pit was a character on its own and was central to the plot; the episodes were more about the storyline and less of a framework for jokes. It had a Christopher Guest vibe to it then.

Boy, I'm not sure I could agree less with what you just said. I think the show has immeasurably more depth now than it ever did in the early going. When it started out, it was just a weak proxy to The Office. Now it's actually a full universe of its own, and I feel like the characters are way more engaging and multi-faceted. As for the pit, well, some storylines are best left abandoned.

More
26 Jun 2012 18:07 - 26 Jun 2012 19:25 #129370 by mjl1783
DELETED: Makes no sense now that the spambot has been booted.
Last edit: 26 Jun 2012 19:25 by mjl1783.

More
26 Jun 2012 19:15 - 26 Jun 2012 19:19 #129380 by Fallen

SuperflyTNT wrote: Man, The Prisoner was great.

I really should've added "The Avengers" (Peel and Steed, not Supers) and Fawlty Towers...let alone Are You Being Served. Love those British shows from back in the day.

Fuck!! I forgot all about Flowery Twats. I obviously need to pop those fuckers in the DVD player.

mjl1783 wrote: Hey look, Steve Weeks is back.

Shit mate, is it time to done your blue Birka?
Last edit: 26 Jun 2012 19:19 by Fallen.

More
27 Jun 2012 07:26 #129432 by susanlee
Hey guys!
I am susanlee. i like Make it or break it . It's my favorite TVshow Watch it I hope you like it.

More
27 Jun 2012 09:34 #129436 by wice
Could someone please get rid of these spam bots?

More
27 Jun 2012 10:12 - 27 Jun 2012 10:14 #129437 by daveroswell
I was a TV child, sooooooo....

in no particular order...

Sid and Marty Kroft Hour
Bewitched
Matlock
Sesame Street
The Muppet Show
I Spy
Matlock (guilty pleasure)
Gilmore Girls
Smallville (1st 3 seasons)
NYPD Blue
Hill Street Blues
Barney Miller
Welcome Back Kotter
Chico and the Man
Chuck
The Daily Show
The West Wing
Boardwalk Empire (1st season)
MST3K
Space Ghost
Teen Titans
Dexter's Lab/Powerpuff Girls
Batman (2000s)
Superfriends (Wonder Twin powers activate)

for my sports fix:
Mike Francesa Show
NFL Top Ten
Last edit: 27 Jun 2012 10:14 by daveroswell.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds