October 09, 2023
2506 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2705 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

Hate the Star Wars prequels? What about a sequel?

More
31 Oct 2012 21:47 #137073 by Fallen

Black Barney wrote:
I just hope Disney doesn't revisit the Ewoks.

Cake & eat it too much? Wait... your bride is French right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2012 22:57 #137078 by Grudunza

SuperflyTNT wrote:

Grudunza wrote: But you could watch paint dry on acid and have an illuminating experience.

Uh, no.

Sure you can. But the point is, you can't really judge a film's merits by that standard. If you need acid to make it entertaining, then it's probably not all that entertaining. And certainly Walt Disney intended it for general (non-tripping) audiences, so if it's become forgettable for them (praised though it is, I don't think it's endured all that well), then it's not really that successful a work.

Anyway, I just read somewhere that Lucasfilm has said that SW7 will be a completely original story, not tied into the Thrawn Trilogy or any other existing SW canon beyond the Return of the Jedi. I'm guessing it'll skip a generation, so they can include some of the original actors at their actual age instead of having to recast them. I'm hoping that's the case... I think it'll help tie the series together to have at least a couple of the old-timers in there.

More
01 Nov 2012 00:42 #137083 by engineer Al

Grudunza wrote: I'm guessing it'll skip a generation, so they can include some of the original actors at their actual age instead of having to recast them.

Wow, wouldn't it be cool if Luke was all dark and evil, following in his fathers footsteps?

More
01 Nov 2012 00:48 #137084 by repoman
It's interesting to speculate. What would they be doing 20 years after the end of Return of the Jedi?

Luke: The Sensi of a Jedi school in some remote area. That seems a no brainer as his mission is to bring back the Jedi order.

Leia: Involved in the government in some way, establishing or maintaining the New Republic.

Han Solo: No idea. With Leia a powerful political figure what does Han do. If the Empire shatters like Alexander's upon his death, I suppose he could still be a warrior of some type.

Chewbacca: Living on Han and Leia's couch?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grudunza

More
01 Nov 2012 03:25 #137089 by crumbb
WRT Fantasia: If you hated Fantasia you might try Fantasia 2000. I hated the original, but the new version is significantly better. Even my kids like watching it. The whole thing is less abstract and more engaging. Give it a shot.

More
01 Nov 2012 05:32 #137094 by ThirstyMan

repoman wrote: It's interesting to speculate. What would they be doing 20 years after the end of Return of the Jedi?

Chewbacca: Living on Han and Leia's couch?

Fireside rug
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Grudunza, bomber, Fallen

More
01 Nov 2012 14:32 #137111 by flim_flam

Black Barney wrote:
This piece of news must have made Mark Hamill cum in his pants. The dude's career is nothing. Fisher too.

Dude, have you seen Carrie Fisher lately? Are we sure that we want the original characters in the sequel?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, bfkiller, Black Barney, Fallen

More
01 Nov 2012 14:37 #137113 by bfkiller

flim_flam wrote: Are we sure that we want the original characters in the sequel?

Yeah, I have absolutely no interest in a "where are they now" extension of the original trilogy. Even Harrison Ford has completely lost his on-screen charisma.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen

More
01 Nov 2012 16:18 #137122 by DukeofChutney
I concur, having a geriatric star wars probs wouldn't be that great. I can see them wheeling out Luke as an old sage type character but most of the other characters are done, bar the droids i guess.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen

More
01 Nov 2012 16:36 #137124 by OldHippy
Carrie Fisher still looks good to me. A bit heavier but it looks good on her (and I like that).

I rule out nothing. A good script writer could totally fit those characters in there if they wanted. Old, pathetic, chubby... whatever. That could work and make sense in the right script. But it's all about the script and the direction.

I could enjoy a totally new generation too, several generations later for all I care. It doesn't really matter to me what does matter to me is that the story comes first and they don't put people in there just for the sake of having them in there. If someone has a good idea for an old, out of touch, slightly chubby Carrie Fisher I am on board. Hell, anything is possible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: san il defanso, repoman, engineer Al

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.385 seconds