October 09, 2023
2444 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2645 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

Star Wars Spin-offs...wha?

More
07 Feb 2013 19:17 #143536 by Hex Sinister
Wasn't that Lucas' original concept? I swear when I was a kid I read that (in Starlog or some shit) that the clone wars was like a thousand years before A New Hope and that the last segment would be the far future. That would have been superior in every way. Or at least taking on new characters with a different story arc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2013 19:52 #143538 by Almalik
I'd say someone needs to make a fan movie about Karl Kenobi, Obi-wan's older brother - but I guess Chad Vader has already been made.

I can't wait to see what Disney dreams up for Boba's loveable, wacky sidekick. It's going to be awesome!

More
07 Feb 2013 20:07 #143539 by clockwirk
Obi Wan spelled his last name with a 'K', Ben spelled his with a 'C'.
That's how he hid from the empire. They don't have very good search engines.

More
08 Feb 2013 00:57 #143567 by SGT Dave

JonJacob wrote:

Sagrilarus wrote: Obi-Wan is the Kenobi with the huge green blip on the Force Detector. His brother Karl, not so much.

S.

Maybe I'm just really tired after a long night shift but I just bust a gut reading that. "Not so much" oh man, great!

Perhaps one of the spin offs will be about Old Karl Kenobi. I'd watch that.

Karl Kenobi's the old man who sits on his porch with a lightsaber yelling at people when they walk on his lawn.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sagrilarus

More
08 Feb 2013 01:01 #143568 by SGT Dave

metalface13 wrote: Oh man, Admiral Ackbar is my favorite! I would love an Ackbar movie!

I think Disney is kind of trying to do an Avengers format. A main "team" movie supported by individual character movies. The Star Wars plan is a bit opposite to the Avengers though. That was the character films leading up to the team movie. This is showing the series where we all know the main characters.

But what if that's NOT the case. What if they're following the X-Men model. Then we'll end up with a 3rd movie that totaly breaks the continuity, Star Wars: First Padawans, and STAR WARS ORIGINS: JAR-JAR.

More
08 Feb 2013 08:34 #143587 by Aarontu

wice wrote: Anyway, I would be perfectly happy with a Han Solo spin-off, but I just can't see how anyone could play him after Harrison Ford. I mean, he's obviously not the best actor in the world, to say the least, but his face, his voice, and his mannerism (like that trademarked smirk) is what defines the character.

Yeah, I have a man-crush on the young Harrison Ford. If that makes me gay, so be it.

Maybe movie CGI will be good enough by then that Han will be played by CGI young Harrison Ford. :p

More
08 Feb 2013 10:54 #143590 by wice
Replied by wice on topic Re: Star Wars Spin-offs...wha?

Aarontu wrote:

wice wrote: Anyway, I would be perfectly happy with a Han Solo spin-off, but I just can't see how anyone could play him after Harrison Ford. I mean, he's obviously not the best actor in the world, to say the least, but his face, his voice, and his mannerism (like that trademarked smirk) is what defines the character.

Yeah, I have a man-crush on the young Harrison Ford. If that makes me gay, so be it.

Maybe movie CGI will be good enough by then that Han will be played by CGI young Harrison Ford. :p

I have a feeling that it was tongue-in-cheek (maybe the emoticon at the end gave it away, I don't know), but anyway: I don't think CGI will ever be "good enough". Or, more precisely, it will always be good enough for about a year, then it just starts to look ridiculous, because the technology becomes even better.

BTW, I changed my mind about the Han Solo spin-off after (on a different board) I saw someone suggesting Jensen Ackles. Yeah, he doesn't look like Harrison Ford at all, but (based on his work in Supernatural) he would be perfect for the role. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure that they will pick someone else.

More
08 Feb 2013 17:10 #143616 by TheDukester

Hex Sinister wrote: I swear when I was a kid I read that (in Starlog or some shit) that the clone wars was like a thousand years before A New Hope and that the last segment would be the far future.

You probably did read something like that, somewhere. The problem is that Lucas would say pretty much anything to any interviewer at any time, since (as we now know) he was pretty much winging the whole fucking thing.

At different times, Lucas claimed that SW was always meant to be a 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, or 12-movie series. That's the most famous example.

The other indicator to look for is any Lucas sentence that beings with, "Ultimately, Star Wars is about ..." Over the years, he's filled in that blank with whatever was stirring around in his brain at the moment. "Darth Vader" or "Luke's journey" or "the story of a brother and sister" or "the eternal struggle between good and evil."

Sadly, he gets away with it because much of the better material can be found only in obscure, rare, or just plain forgotten magazines from long before the age of webs and search engines.

More
09 Feb 2013 01:40 #143672 by mikoyan
I wouldn't mind seeing a series based on Tag and Bink. I imagine something along the lines of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead.

While I would love to see a series based on teh Han Solo Trilogy, I'm hard pressed to think of an actor that could pull off Han Solo. Although, I would have been hard pressed to find an actor pull off Obiwan and Ewan MacGregor did pretty well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OldHippy

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds