October 09, 2023
2460 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2661 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

The Walking Dead - Season 4

More
18 Mar 2014 16:55 #173803 by Black Barney
There are now three powerful episodes for me in the entire series.

This one.
When Sophia walks out of the barn.
When Rick haphazardly walks into a group containing his wife and son who he assumed were dead and they obviously assumed he was dead.

I think the Sophia episode still rings as the strongest for me cuz they spend HALF A SEASON trying to find her and the way it just sort of happens.... man... Rick does what he has to do and the episode ends. Holy crap. You're left at home during the mid-season break wondering if Herschel knew she was there and all that.

I'm surprised that Herschel and Dale's deaths don't even come close to making the list and they were two of my favourites.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 433

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2014 21:00 #174326 by ChristopherMD
Terminus is clearly a bad place. Everything looks too perfect like it was set there by Martha Stewart herself instead of actually being used. It like a trap you set to attract animals with their favorite food or something plant may use to trick an insect closer. Darryl is a good hunter and is lucky to get a rabbit. This woman has a lot of meat on the grill behind her. Maybe its because there were some cannibals in the comics briefly, but to me Terminus is clearly cannibals.

Rick, Carl, and Michonne = Boring.

I'm still not entirely sure what happened in the train tunnel. Glenn and Tara entered and got to the cave-in. On the other side of the cave-in were a bunch of walkers. If Maggie caused the cave-in then went out the other end why didn't those walkers follow? Normally I cut this show a lot of slack, but either I missed something or this scenario makes no sense.

Mullet talking to Tara was hilarious. He's like the ultimate socially awkward gamer with her completely ignoring him.

A co-worker suggested that Jeff Kober planted the rabbit in Darryl's bag so he could get rid of the trouble-making asshole guy. He waited until after the guy was being beaten to death to say that he'd seen him put it there. I guess we'll never know for sure. Also, I liked the whole "claim" thing. Of course when they catch up to Rick we know which side Darryl will be on. He hasn't been with them long enough to get attached versus Rick and Michonne who he trusts not to beat him to death for lying.

I wonder if we'll see Beth again this season.

More
25 Mar 2014 21:06 #174327 by the_jake_1973
Agreed on the trilogy of boring.

Terminus is clearly the home of cannibals.

I still feel the doctor/scientist is a fraud.

More
26 Mar 2014 12:12 #174369 by Black Barney
disclaimer: I have not read the comics

I say to my wife, "i think Terminus could be cannibals". Based on two things:

1) TWD video game had a cannibal farm run by a charming charismatic lady
2) If you needed a constant supply of fresh meat, you just have to put up signs everywhere saying where Terminus is.

It'll be cool if I'm right but I guess I'll be disappointed at the same time.

Maybe Beth is captive in Terminus?

Daryl will side with Rick, it's obvious.

The "scientist" thing is so stupid. If he has information that is important, he should share it cuz he could be killed. Gamers are smart people. One way to guarantee to stay alive is to say something like, "I have the cure. I can't tell you what it is" and if you wanted to get somewhere, say because you think there is protection or a loved one in Washington, you would say you need to get there.

I love Tara. I think it's a crush cuz she's unobtainable. Maggie is less interesting all of a sudden. Yes, my eyes got teary when she got reunited with Glenn, that was great.

The tunnel makes zero sense. I can't figure it out. Why would the walkers stay in the tunnel and not follow Maggie's group out?

Rick, Carl and Michonne = SO BORING

Still a good episode, that's three in a row.

Is season finale next?

More
26 Mar 2014 12:17 #174370 by hotseatgames
Yes, the finale is next.

I realize it was for dramatic effect, but Terminus had no guards posted. At all.

More
26 Mar 2014 12:21 #174372 by Black Barney
it's fenced in so you wouldn't need guards I guess? If a horde came up, they'd hear it. It's good that people aren't visible so walkers won't be as interested. I never got why Woodbury had guarded walls. The walls block line of sight so walkers should just bump into the walls and move on.

More
26 Mar 2014 12:23 #174374 by eekamouse

Black Barney wrote: I never got why Woodbury had guarded walls.

Because it was a shitshow, ran by a shitshow (and insane) leader :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
26 Mar 2014 13:11 #174377 by Ska_baron
Oh man -

Havent read far enough in the comics I guess, but holy crap - cannibals!

Wondered what Terminus would turn out to be, but I knew it wouldnt be "as it seems."

No guards did irk me though.

And I tried to explain the tunnel zombies by thinking they were attracted to the sound after Maggie had escaped. But not sure if the timing of that works exactly...

More
26 Mar 2014 13:37 #174379 by ChristopherMD
Terminus could be smart enough to not have guards visible to walkers. They could have snipers hiding on rooftops.

More
31 Mar 2014 13:26 #174744 by eekamouse
Whoever said these Terminus guys are probably cannibals called it I think. I saw all kinds of hints in that direction when Rick and company were running through the complex. There was also a bunch of foreshadowing: the rabbit, and Rick's "solution" in dealing with those a-holes Daryl was with.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds