October 09, 2023
2454 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2654 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

The Walking Dead - Season 4

More
31 Mar 2014 22:25 #174794 by charlest
The finale was the best episode of the past few years. Finally something interesting, some suspense, a nice gritty fight, and a new mystery. But yeah, I really do dislike the army people. The bright red hair is killing me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2014 00:02 #174798 by hotseatgames
Just watched the finale. Bored me to tears. How dare they end a season and not kill any cast members?
The following user(s) said Thank You: 433

More
01 Apr 2014 01:08 #174800 by Hex Sinister

Mad Dog wrote: To avoid starvation I'd totally eat whatever someone put in front of me. That includes anyone here.

We'll keep that in mind! *runs*

More
01 Apr 2014 08:31 - 01 Apr 2014 08:41 #174807 by Black Barney
Really liked the finale! Did anyone else have a huge sense of dread right after the opening scene of Rick full of blood and no sign of the others? I thought that at the very least Carl was killed.

Agree that RIck telling Daryl they're brothers now was the most perfect thing to say to Daryl, loved it.

It's REALLY nice to see Rick being back. Confident leader, no bullshit. After what he did to the hunters, I don't think there is any situation he can't handle. If the Hunters thing hadn't happened, i would have been worried for them. But even with them in that car, between Rick, Daryl and Michonne I don't see any situation they can't handle. I don't know who the strongest of the three is but when they're all together, they become more than just three people. I love that Rick is just full of confidence and I actually liked his last line. Having Carl with him was all he needed to not even be worried (or to show that he's worried).

It was a great contrast cuz Glenn, Maggie and even a frickin' army guy looked all to be scared out of their mind, hopeless and all. Rick enters the car and his first thought is how much these guys are going to regret messing with him, his family and his people. Left my wife and I feeling happy instead of worried and terrified.

I really like Rick, Michonne and Daryl. All three characters are fantastic.

I hate that Rick brought Carl into Terminus. After trying to scout the place and not seeing anyone, he should have known something was suspicious. Bringing in Carl directly contradicts all the flashbacks about how he wants Carl to be more of a farmer-type than killer-type.

The only thing I didn't follow in the finale and would like someone to explain it to me, what made people open fire exactly? Rick has his gun to the temple of the guy who is saying all sorts of revealing stuff. The other guy puts up his hand, and everything goes to hell. What happened?

...oh, one more thing. What's the deal with the entrails in the courtyard? I can't figure that out. It's the stuff you can't eat but why is it in a courtyard?
Last edit: 01 Apr 2014 08:41 by Black Barney.

More
01 Apr 2014 09:21 #174813 by Ska_baron
Barney-

My take was that the Terminus leader guy raised his hand and closed his fist as a signal to enact Plan B. As everyone seemed to have the herding down pretty well.

As to the courtyard - maybe the place where they do the slaughtering?

I thought it was a bit weirder (though necessary for the story) that they'd get herded into the weird candle room.

Loved the finale and they certainly left me excited and worried about what's going to happen next. Pitch perfect way for almost everyone to get back together. All that's left now is Carol and Tyreese and baby. Gotta leave something out there. Oh, and Beth. Totally think this group went on a "run" and found some fresh meat.

Agonizing wait for next season!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
01 Apr 2014 11:30 #174827 by Green Lantern

Ska_baron wrote: My take was that the Terminus leader guy raised his hand and closed his fist as a signal to enact Plan B. As everyone seemed to have the herding down pretty well.

This is my thinking too, especially considering how Rick's hostage was pleading with the Terminus leader not to do anything. The hostage definitely knew how his fellow Termites dealt with hostage situations.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds