October 09, 2023
2444 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2645 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

SW7 trailer is out

More
28 Nov 2014 11:26 - 28 Nov 2014 11:51 #191551 by Grudunza
SW7 trailer is out was created by Grudunza

Already looks way better than I,II,III. The voiceover is a bit melodramatic, but I love the tension and pause in a couple of spots, like before the guy at the beginning pops up, and the Falcon. The new droid is super cute, too.
Last edit: 28 Nov 2014 11:51 by Grudunza.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2014 11:29 - 28 Nov 2014 11:33 #191553 by Black Barney
Replied by Black Barney on topic Re: SW7 trailer
There was a really misplaced Wookie shot that made me almost feel the trailer was fake.

Overall I liked the minimalist look. Less is more, etc. Seeing the Falcon was insane, i wasn't expecting that.

edit: I've been fooled! The teaser trailer I watched last night wasn't that one. It must have been fake. It felt really weird overall. Glad to know it's not the real deal. There was like a dark jedi stormtrooper and stuff, it was all over the place.

This trailer you posted is much better. What's with the lightsaber having the handles?? What purpose does that serve other than making it super dangerous to use (more than usual). They want to make it look like a claymore?

Did anyone else get a real Game of Thrones feel from the dude walking threw a snow forest at night? I thought he was going to carve up some white walkers.
Last edit: 28 Nov 2014 11:33 by Black Barney.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen

More
28 Nov 2014 11:33 #191554 by Grudunza
Replied by Grudunza on topic Re: SW7 trailer
Wookie shot?

Also, the new light saber sword look is cool.

More
28 Nov 2014 11:45 - 28 Nov 2014 11:46 #191556 by Grudunza
Ha yeah, white walkers... I actually got a tinge of Kubrick in that opening part, with the dissonant music and the slow pacing before the reveal.

A trailer doesn't necessarily indicate anything, but assuming Abrams had something to do with it, and from the footage seen, it looks like it'll be pretty solid.

I think the side part of the "sword sabers" could serve to cut a person's hand that you're locked with, making them drop their saber. But you're right, it does seem to make it more dangerous to hold to begin with.
Last edit: 28 Nov 2014 11:46 by Grudunza.

More
28 Nov 2014 11:50 #191559 by OldHippy
Replied by OldHippy on topic Re: SW7 trailer
I'm not sure where to respond to but this one has two replies already.. so I'll do that.

It looks awesome, nice and simple ... slightly classic. The cross lightsabre was definitely cool.

But this doesn't come out for a YEAR!... OVER a fucking YEAR!! That is far too much time to start thinking about this. If I watch that trailer again there is a serious possibility that I'll end up buying Imperial Assault sight unseen. With pretty much no chance of playing it any time soon. So no more trailers... it would be unwise to lower my defenses.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 433

More
28 Nov 2014 11:50 #191560 by Grudunza
Reading some of the comments on YouTube, and people are hating on it, already. "The sands are too dark to look like Tatooine." Oh, brother... This movie is a pure gift out of nowhere, really, and can likely help to erase the disappointment of the prequels and move the SW franchise into something positive again, and you're complaining about how the sand looks???

More
28 Nov 2014 11:53 #191561 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic Re: SW7 trailer
Fuck Internet nerds, the trailer is amazing.

The point of the crossguard should be obvious- it's to keep its wielder from getting his hand cut off. It's a subtle way for Abrams to say that this will be the first SW film where nobody gets their arm/hand cut off.

What if that's Luke...

More
28 Nov 2014 11:55 #191562 by Disgustipater
Replied by Disgustipater on topic Re: SW7 trailer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, Turek, jpat, Black Barney, wice, QPCloudy, engineer Al, Sevej, Erik Twice, Gregarius

More
28 Nov 2014 11:59 #191563 by Grudunza

Michael Barnes wrote: Fuck Internet nerds, the trailer is amazing.

The point of the crossguard should be obvious- it's to keep its wielder from getting his hand cut off. It's a subtle way for Abrams to say that this will be the first SW film where nobody gets their arm/hand cut off.

What if that's Luke...

This is why you get the big bucks, Barnes. Great idea. And of course, we're conditioned to think that's a bad guy, because the voice actor mentioned the dark side and he's using a red beamed saber. But yeah, that makes sense to be Luke, which would be an awesome reveal.

More
28 Nov 2014 12:38 #191566 by DukeofChutney
Replied by DukeofChutney on topic Re: SW7 trailer
I liked the opening shot probably the most. It just felt rather unusual.

More
28 Nov 2014 13:11 #191567 by engineer Al
Replied by engineer Al on topic Re: SW7 trailer is out

Grudunza wrote: Already looks way better than I,II,III.

I could say this about getting a tooth pulled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 433, Grudunza, Black Barney, Erik Twice

More
28 Nov 2014 13:53 #191569 by Green Lantern
I don't know about that cross guard on a saber, especially that one. That looks like some fan's idea of a cool blade but it looks dumb to me. Plus, did anyone else think the Falcon looked too thin? Something was just off about it. Not much of teaser IMO but since this is over a year away from release I guess that makes sense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen

More
28 Nov 2014 16:43 #191582 by derekjinx
Replied by derekjinx on topic Re: SW7 trailer is out
Maybe the Falcon had to go on a diet like the original cast members involved in this one...
I heard it had really let go these last few years its cargo bay was sagging too much in the early test shots.
The following user(s) said Thank You: engineer Al

More
28 Nov 2014 17:16 #191584 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic Re: SW7 trailer is out
Fear not, Mad Max releases this Spring, and will give us plenty to drool over in the nine month interim. And Thunder Road is harder to come by for impulse buys.

My only concern is that it turns out to be a two hour chase scene. Parts of the trailer feel that way, but it's a trailer, so it's supposed to look exciting. With any luck there will be some good story in there too.

As for the cross-shaped lightsaber looking dangerous . . . ain't exactly the kind of weapon that lends itself to a safety switch in the first place. I'd have bent them forward a little bit like a sword-breaker hilt, but then you'd lose the obvious Christian imagery that has been readily apparent in . . . absolutely none of the prior films.

S.

More
28 Nov 2014 18:24 #191587 by OldHippy
Replied by OldHippy on topic Re: SW7 trailer is out

Sagrilarus wrote: but then you'd lose the obvious Christian imagery that has been readily apparent in . . . absolutely none of the prior films.

S.

I can't tell if you're joking or not... but Anakin, the chosen one or savior, was born of a Virgin.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds