October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

When did you first notice that Star Wars sucks?

More
21 Jan 2012 20:32 #113675 by Ancient_of_MuMu
Love all 6. You're all sad pathetic middle aged men with beards complaining on the internet how George Lucas raped your childhood by making the prequels. From this distance it looks so pathetic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MattFantastic, mikoyan, edulis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2012 20:37 #113676 by bomber
after watching the redletter media reviews again, it gets worse every time. Lucas sucks. His prequels fucking sucked. What's pathetic is that I kept hoping that each film would somehow erase the fucking bile of the last one, but it didn't. I don't have a beard, I'm 40 so probably middle aged but how anyone over the age of 5 can enjoy the prequels looks really pathetic, from whatever distance you look at it. Like, are you joking? these are the most god awful films ever made.

More
21 Jan 2012 20:39 #113677 by SaMoKo
No, Dune is the worst nerd film ever made.
The following user(s) said Thank You: repoman

More
21 Jan 2012 21:00 #113679 by Hex Sinister

ldsdbomber wrote:

Hex Sinister wrote:

Michael Barnes wrote: And "I won it in a game of chance." Who the fuck talks like that. Hey guys, want to come over to my place to have some beers and play a game of chance?

That's so damn funny I think I'm going to start saying that now.

make sure you stock up on deathsticks while you're at it

You don't want to sell me deathsticks :p.

More
21 Jan 2012 21:50 #113683 by Michael Barnes
I like to get fucked up on death sticks every Boonta Eve and watch the pod races with my shirt off. I'm usually still tore up on Boonta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hex Sinister

More
21 Jan 2012 23:16 #113690 by Ancient_of_MuMu

ldsdbomber wrote: after watching the redletter media reviews again, it gets worse every time. Lucas sucks. His prequels fucking sucked. What's pathetic is that I kept hoping that each film would somehow erase the fucking bile of the last one, but it didn't. I don't have a beard, I'm 40 so probably middle aged but how anyone over the age of 5 can enjoy the prequels looks really pathetic, from whatever distance you look at it. Like, are you joking? these are the most god awful films ever made.

Its because these films were never any good. These are basically the same films as Battle Beyond the Stars, Megaforce, Godzilla, etc. They are not deep, reverential things. They are stupid kids films and they are fund to watch, but a lot of people try and attach deep meanings to them. They are not arthouse flicks, trying to give us a deeper understanding of the nature of man. They are, and always intended to be, kids popcorn flicks.

More
21 Jan 2012 23:41 #113693 by repoman
Just because something was fun does not mean it can't be good. Art houses don't have a monopoly on films of worth.

One of the primary functions of movies is escapism. People plunk down their money to escape their day to day lives for an hour and half and be transported to some other time and place. Star Wars does this better than most any movie.

Also, these movies have become ingrained in our culture because of the timeless universal themes that run through them. Good vs. Evil. Determination in adversity. The power of friendship and the value of sacrifice.

Again I disagree with the statement that these are "kids" films. The story and themes while understandable by children are not immature. And there are plenty of things in these movies decidedly not for children such as the death, violence, and torture.

Don't dismiss them as kid movies unless you have some line of argument to back it up.

More
21 Jan 2012 23:54 #113696 by Black Barney
is Mumu for real? The prequels do a great job at ruined some of the best moments of the OT. Then Lucas himself did a coup de grace by ruining much of the remaining great moments by redoing them and making them look stupid in many places.

It's not like Tron or Last Starfighter which we loved as kids and now when we rewatch them, they aren't very good anymore. Star wars OT movies were STILL good as we grew up and then all of a sudden became less good and not because of aging.

This stuff happens sometimes and of course Lucas is to blame. It's like I strongly dislike the screenwriter of Alien 3 because Aliens is my favourite movie of all time and now the ending is kinda ruined because I know that Newt and Hicks don't wake up.

I look forward to playing colonial marines on xbox which pretends that Alien 3 never happened. It's gonna rock...ish.

More
22 Jan 2012 00:48 #113702 by Mr Skeletor

Black Barney wrote: It's like I strongly dislike the screenwriter of Alien 3 because Aliens is my favourite movie of all time and now the ending is kinda ruined because I know that Newt and Hicks don't wake up.

Grow some balls you baby.

More
22 Jan 2012 02:58 #113707 by dysjunct

Ancient_of_MuMu wrote:

ldsdbomber wrote: after watching the redletter media reviews again, it gets worse every time. Lucas sucks. His prequels fucking sucked. What's pathetic is that I kept hoping that each film would somehow erase the fucking bile of the last one, but it didn't. I don't have a beard, I'm 40 so probably middle aged but how anyone over the age of 5 can enjoy the prequels looks really pathetic, from whatever distance you look at it. Like, are you joking? these are the most god awful films ever made.

Its because these films were never any good. These are basically the same films as Battle Beyond the Stars, Megaforce, Godzilla, etc. They are not deep, reverential things. They are stupid kids films and they are fund to watch, but a lot of people try and attach deep meanings to them. They are not arthouse flicks, trying to give us a deeper understanding of the nature of man. They are, and always intended to be, kids popcorn flicks.

Yeah, but the originals are great kids' popcorn flicks, the prequels are shitty kids' popcorn flicks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juniper, jeb, wice

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds