October 09, 2023
2476 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2681 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

SW7 trailer is out

More
02 Dec 2014 16:29 #191789 by Josh Look
Replied by Josh Look on topic Re: SW7 trailer

VonTush wrote: Where does saying "Luke is a whiny bitch" fall in the spectrum?

EDIT: Seriously, he is. I fell asleep during the theatrical re-release of the remasterbated movies because I got tired of listening to him bitch and moan all the time.

There's also a difference between dumb shit that nerds decide is true (ie, the outcome of Raiders is the same without Indy's involvement) and what's STONE COLD FACT.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2014 16:32 #191790 by OldHippy
Replied by OldHippy on topic Re: SW7 trailer
It's easily as bad to nit pick people as it is to nit pick trailers. Probably worse.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. White, Green Lantern

More
02 Dec 2014 16:33 #191791 by VonTush
Replied by VonTush on topic Re: SW7 trailer
My momma always said: "You can nit pick your friends and you can nit pick your nose, but you can't nit pick your friend's nose".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. White

More
02 Dec 2014 16:45 #191793 by Sevej
Replied by Sevej on topic Re: SW7 trailer

JonJacob wrote: It's easily as bad to nit pick people as it is to nit pick trailers. Probably worse.

Hell, no. People are the most interesting thing and probably most legitimate to nit pick. The world we are now, 90% are people. You see something, you can almost dissect it by analyzing the people related to that thing (the maker, the users, the locals). I may like sci-fi, fantasy, etc... but people are really what's interesting to me.

More
02 Dec 2014 18:44 #191796 by luckyb0y
Replied by luckyb0y on topic Re: SW7 trailer
I don't really care about Star Wars that much but I agree the crossguard looks dumb as fuck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Green Lantern, wice

More
02 Dec 2014 19:13 #191798 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic Re: SW7 trailer
I just love that people are complaining that the crossguard looks "unrealistic", "impractical" or whatever...

And it's on a laser sword.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 433, engineer Al, wadenels, Gregarius

More
02 Dec 2014 19:17 #191799 by luckyb0y
well you could take that line of reasoning to it's logical coclusion and declare that any criticism regarding internal consistency, rhyme and reason is off limits since it's a made-up story. What a lame cop out.

More
02 Dec 2014 19:33 #191801 by OldHippy

luckyb0y wrote: I don't really care about Star Wars that much but I agree the crossguard looks dumb as fuck.

Have you even seen fuck? There's whole sites dedicated to and it looks great!

I thought it looked cool as fuck personally... and in SW that's all that counts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 433, luckyb0y

More
02 Dec 2014 19:43 #191802 by OldHippy
As to the cross saber being impractical or dangerous.... This isn't you or me wielding it... It's a Goddamn Jedi, they'll be fine.

More
02 Dec 2014 19:58 #191803 by luckyb0y
Whoever is wielding it they are going to get their hands injured if they rely on that lame cross guard. I'm not entirely sure but aren't lightsabers able to cut through anything except for another lightsaber? If that's true than wouldn't they cut through the bit of crossguard that is not a light beam? You know the bit closest to the blade that you actully use the most to block the other blade/beam? I don't mind the idea of a crossguard on a lightsaber (when you think of it you wonder why no has come up with this most obvious improvement until now) but this design wouldn't work. If it's obvious to someone that hasn't even seen all the Star Wars films then it's going to be really jarring to hardcore fans, right?

More
02 Dec 2014 20:22 - 02 Dec 2014 20:24 #191804 by OldHippy

luckyb0y wrote: Whoever is wielding it they are going to get their hands injured if they rely on that lame cross guard. I'm not entirely sure but aren't lightsabers able to cut through anything except for another lightsaber? If that's true than wouldn't they cut through the bit of crossguard that is not a light beam? You know the bit closest to the blade that you actully use the most to block the other blade/beam? I don't mind the idea of a crossguard on a lightsaber (when you think of it you wonder why no has come up with this most obvious improvement until now) but this design wouldn't work. If it's obvious to someone that hasn't even seen all the Star Wars films then it's going to be really jarring to hardcore fans, right?

I don't know if they can cut through anything but I do know that some things take longer than others. If someone cuts through that part... then it's just the same as an old school lightsabre... no big deal. Remember, these are Jedi's and they can do amazing things. That extra bit of light will be a weapon in their hands and a dangerous one at that.

I do agree with you though that a universe should be internally consistent at least. You're free to break all the rules of our world but whatever you come up with... you should stay true to. Star Wars doesn't always do that but it's still big dumb fun so I don't sweat it.

BUT I am not a hard core fan. I like it but it has never been my favourite universe.. although as I get older it seems more and more appealing... maybe I'm like Benjamin Button.
Last edit: 02 Dec 2014 20:24 by OldHippy.

More
02 Dec 2014 20:34 #191805 by Sevej
Replied by Sevej on topic Re: SW7 trailer
Fuck this, I'm jumping in.

Lightsaber "blades" work differently than metal blades. Metal blades caught on the crossguard will slide toward the center part of the crossguard. With lightsaber the blade will stop dead on whichever part of the lightcrossguard is hit and making screeching noise. I'm sure anyone using this lightsaber is aware of this. I'll also not surprised is the weak part will be the cause of his death...
The following user(s) said Thank You: 433

More
02 Dec 2014 23:45 #191810 by Helljin
Replied by Helljin on topic Re: SW7 trailer

Josh Look wrote:

Helljin wrote: International Trailer

Black Friday Trailer

Those are so fake, they're a little painful to watch.

Everyone take step back we have a film expert here!

More
03 Dec 2014 11:42 - 04 Dec 2014 12:58 #191829 by stoic
Replied by stoic on topic Re: SW7 trailer

Last edit: 04 Dec 2014 12:58 by stoic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ska_baron, scissors, 433, metalface13, Black Barney, Josh Look, Gregarius

More
03 Dec 2014 15:00 #191848 by Black Barney
Replied by Black Barney on topic Re: SW7 trailer
"you'll understand in two weeks when you catch up where i'm at. I've had it."

lol, awesome.

I skimmed through the last 3-4 pages cuz I had missed it but I really hope some people aren't suggesting that we shouldn't be discussing the lightsabre in the trailer. It's obviously done so that people discuss it. Does anyone remember how wet their little dicks got when Darth Maul went all Donatello on us in the trailer for Phantom Menace. It was focking insane.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bfkiller, Green Lantern, stoic

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds