October 09, 2023
2450 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2652 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

SW7 trailer is out

More
03 Dec 2014 16:01 #191851 by Gregarius
Replied by Gregarius on topic Re: SW7 trailer
Okay, what the hell, I'll jump in the nerd pool.

Crossbar doesn't bother me. Looks dumb, but whatever.

Soccerbot also looks dumb, and does bother me.

X-Wings over water? Badass!

Still flying X-Wings and the MFin' MF after 30 years? That's kinda dumb.

Tatooine? Again? Sigh. "If there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from." Yeah, right.

And why are there Stormtroopers? Who do they work for? Is Luke the new Emperor? I'm confused.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2014 18:29 - 03 Dec 2014 18:30 #191862 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic Re: SW7 trailer
F-15s are still flying forty years after their introduction, B-52s longer than that.

The stormtroopers are working for the new emperor, because some things just never change.
Last edit: 03 Dec 2014 18:30 by Sagrilarus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gregarius

More
03 Dec 2014 20:44 #191874 by Josh Look
Replied by Josh Look on topic Re: SW7 trailer
They blew up the Death Star...again. Doesn't mean the remains of the Empire just packed up and called it a day.

Disney pretty much made it first order of business to dismiss the EU as "what if" scenarios, but still, it's always been accepted that the Empire would still exist in some form and, under the right leadership (Admiral Thrawn, Darth Krayt) would be a thorn in the New Republic's side to a significant degree of success.

More
04 Dec 2014 11:54 #191913 by Gregarius

Josh Look wrote: They blew up the Death Star...again. Doesn't mean the remains of the Empire just packed up and called it a day.

Disney pretty much made it first order of business to dismiss the EU as "what if" scenarios, but still, it's always been accepted that the Empire would still exist in some form and, under the right leadership (Admiral Thrawn, Darth Krayt) would be a thorn in the New Republic's side to a significant degree of success.

Oh no, I saw the remastered ending to RotJ. People were dancing in the streets on Coruscant. Emperor died, the Empire immediately collapsed. Simple as that. Unless Disney is also dismissing remastered additions (please, please)?

More
04 Dec 2014 12:45 #191915 by DukeofChutney
Replied by DukeofChutney on topic Re: SW7 trailer
the main thing i want from this film;

A cgi Peter Cushing reincarnation as Moth Tarken who didn't die in the first movie but in face escaped now to be the new emperor.

on the light saber debate. This is a family action movie, not a hard science fiction. I admit that some of the stunts from the later Lucas films pushed the suspension of disbelief to its limits but this isn't that.

More
04 Dec 2014 16:07 #191938 by Green Lantern
Replied by Green Lantern on topic Re: SW7 trailer

ThirstyMan wrote: For fucks sake. Geeks just have to be right ALL the time don't they.

I'll bitch if I want with or without your fucking permission, tosspot.

Piss off. I'll call a hypocrite when I see one, with or without your permission. It's okay for someone to have an opinion that doesn't fit yours, HypocrisyMan.

More
04 Dec 2014 16:17 #191941 by Green Lantern
Okay, I've gotta give props to Colbert. His explanation NAILS it and makes the idea behind a cross guard feasible and practical. Well done, Mr. Colbert. I had no idea he was such a geek.

FYI - he's got a cameo in The Desolation of Smaug when he visited the set with his family. He's the faux eye-patch dude in Lake Town that signals the return of Bard, and the kids that take off after his signal are his children. I didn't recognize him at all and would have had no idea it was him until watching some Blu-ray extras. Colbert's stock went up with that and now with his lightsaber cross guard theory I like him even more.

More
04 Dec 2014 17:15 - 04 Dec 2014 17:36 #191946 by ThirstyMan
Replied by ThirstyMan on topic Re: SW7 trailer
OMG, the veil has been removed. You are a truly enlightened person. You're absolutely right, I shouldn't bitch without your permission. I actually said, if you bothered to check the original comment, if there couldn't be a place where we don't shred a trailer for minutae of information, as there are lots of other sites to do that. Josh clarified my thoughts a little better.

Certainly not stopping you posting your worthwhile and interesting comments on the feasibility of light sabres. I really never thought there was so much that could be talked about on that subject but you've helped to show me the light.

But hey, you're right I'm just a hypocrite (BTW using 'with or without your permission' in the reply post tends to lessen its effect). Have a great life and I really hope you enjoy the movie with as much gusto as you have used in defending your particular hobby.

HypocrisyMan, so much imagination it leaves me shaking with anticipation for the next riposte.
Last edit: 04 Dec 2014 17:36 by ThirstyMan.

More
04 Dec 2014 18:01 - 04 Dec 2014 21:24 #191954 by OldHippy
Replied by OldHippy on topic Re: SW7 trailer
Uh... ok.

So the movie comes out in Dec of next year right?

GL and Thirsty well they had a little fight
All about star wars and sabers made of light
Well nothing got solved and no one won
But otherwise the thread was a whole lot of fun

Maybe I should wear an Etrigan costume in real life and learn to talk like this all the time?
Last edit: 04 Dec 2014 21:24 by OldHippy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 433, bfkiller, Green Lantern, engineer Al

More
04 Dec 2014 19:12 #191955 by Sevej
Replied by Sevej on topic Re: SW7 trailer
Woohoo, tentacle fight.

More
05 Dec 2014 04:08 #191975 by Eleanor_Root
Replied by Eleanor_Root on topic Re: SW7 trailer
December of next year..that's so far off! But definitely worth the wait.

More
05 Dec 2014 11:39 #192002 by Gregarius
Can this be the Friday Freakout?! Fights about the SW trailer would be sweet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Green Lantern

More
05 Dec 2014 11:50 #192003 by Green Lantern

ThirstyMan wrote: HypocrisyMan, so much imagination it leaves me shaking with anticipation for the next riposte.

How about HypocrisyLad? I think that suits you better as it would seem you have yet to earn your big-boy pants, evidenced by your inability to carry on a discussion without condescension and sarcasm.

Did you honestly expect to read a forum about the new Star Wars movie without any opposing view points? That baffles me if you did, but no worries. What really exhibits your hypocrisy is then to wail in the same thread about anyone speaking out about the new trailer and suggesting we take our points to another forum, THEN turn around in your next post and let us all know you'll browse where you want. Well bub, I'm gonna do the same and post here on FAT despite your childish attempt to stifle discussion.

Honestly, trying to reason with you is about at pointless and as awkward as flicking Mark Wahlberg's third nipple.

ThirstyMan wrote: Have a great life and I really hope you enjoy the movie with as much gusto as you have used in defending your particular hobby.

My particular hobby? Again, why are you in this thread?

More
05 Dec 2014 11:55 - 05 Dec 2014 11:57 #192004 by Green Lantern

Gregarius wrote: Can this be the Friday Freakout?! Fights about the SW trailer would be sweet.

I don't know about HypocrisyLad, but no freak out on my part. I like talking about Star Wars, especially with other like-minded gaming geeks her on FAT. I'm simply scratching my head at his attempt to tell anyone with an opposing opinion to do as he says and not as he does.

My impression of the teaser was positive overall, but I guess sharing my thoughts on Sithcalibur and a not-quite Millenium Falcon offended some folks here. Suck it up, buttercups.
Last edit: 05 Dec 2014 11:57 by Green Lantern.

More
05 Dec 2014 11:58 #192005 by OldHippy
Replied by OldHippy on topic Re: SW7 trailer

Green Lantern wrote: not-quite Millenium Falcon offended some folks here.

Do you think it bends when you leave it in your back pocket?

Ahhh, what would the point of the thread be if we all just gushed over it. Personally I have no complaints because I like SW but I don't really care about it too much. I use it as light entertainment (which is why I find it so appropriate for gaming worlds) and that's enough for me.

But like I said a few pages back, I prefer if worlds... however fantastical, at least have some internal consistency. Although I can over look flaws if the movie is fun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Green Lantern

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds