October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

Batman vs. Superman trailer

More
14 Jul 2015 21:22 #206272 by Ancient_of_MuMu

Michael Barnes wrote: On Will Smith...his fall from grace is long overdue. Barring Men in Black, I can't name a good movie that he was ever in. His best work is still "Parents Just Don't Understand"

I am one of the few fans of "I, Robot", but looking through his filmography is quite an eye opener as I tend to think of him as having had a long run of A-List success and he hasn't. Apart from those two, there are a whole bunch of films that I would never choose to watch but would sit through to the end if I walked in on someone else was watching (or might watch once with low expectations).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2015 22:41 #206282 by Josh Look
Shit, I don't even like MiB. The man is entirely useless to me.

More
15 Jul 2015 02:00 #206290 by jay718
Replied by jay718 on topic Batman vs. Superman trailer

Josh Look wrote: Shit, I don't even like MiB. The man is entirely useless to me.

Bad Boys 2 was a lot of fun, but the artist formerly known as the fresh prince does not have the most impressive body of work.

More
15 Jul 2015 08:25 - 15 Jul 2015 09:39 #206298 by Mr. White
Will Smith...I don't have anything against the man, but I'm not a super fan of his films. They're just kinda 'there' for me. I've enjoyed a few on a single viewing. Don't think I've seen any of them twice besides Independence Day.

That said, I still feel like he was an A-lister at one point. If not by talent, then by box office take. It looks to me like he's had quite a few films that were financial successes.

www.boxofficemojo.com/people/chart/?id=willsmith.htm

And from wikipedia:
"He is the only actor to have eight consecutive films gross over $100 million in the domestic box office, and 11 consecutive films gross over $150 million internationally and the only one to have eight consecutive films in which he starred open at the number one spot in the domestic box office tally."
Last edit: 15 Jul 2015 09:39 by Mr. White.

More
15 Jul 2015 09:29 #206300 by Shellhead

Josh Look wrote: Shit, I don't even like MiB. The man is entirely useless to me.

I liked the Men in Black cartoon, but the movies were disappointing.

More
15 Jul 2015 10:54 #206311 by Green Lantern

Michael Barnes wrote: Well thank god the visionary director of Sucker Punch has stepped up to bring it to them.

Let's not forget Nolan. He's not absolved of his involvement with The Dark Knight Retires.

More
15 Jul 2015 12:12 #206316 by OldHippy
GL is totally right of course. Nolan's Batman movies are not just overwrought, over dramatic, overly serious affairs with no sense of humour or self awareness, he's also the producer of Man of Steel and is somewhat responsible for Snyder being involved in all of this. He's not absolved, this DC universe of films is partly on him and you can tell. Him and Snyder suffer a lot of the same issues, Nolan is slightly more subtle about it but it's not that different. His Batman movies are, to me, the most overrated superhero flicks ever done. I enjoy them but in all honesty X2 is more honest about what it is, most Marvel movies are, and that Batman flicks are not that much fun to sit through. They're a bit of a slog to be honest and Batman is occasionally laughably silly in his dramatic-ness.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Green Lantern

More
15 Jul 2015 15:18 #206327 by Tim Champlin
This is what I look for in a Batman movie...

cool costume
cool gadgets
some sweet modes of transportation
a couple of funny one liners from Alfred
somewhat acceptable fight scenes (I know the DK trilogy gets a lot of flak for this, but I can appreciate the more realistic use of Keysi, even if it's not as fun to watch)
a flashback of Bruce's parents getting murdered (Just kidding, seriously, please no more!)

I'm a simple man. I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to characters/franchises I already love. Seriously, I thought Terminator Genisys was the bees knees. Anyways, having said that, I doubt Alfred will have any funny one liners in this one, but I'll still probably see it.

More
15 Jul 2015 15:37 #206329 by quozl
Replied by quozl on topic Batman vs. Superman trailer
I liked Batman Begins...

More
05 Dec 2015 03:57 #216655 by Gary Sax
I happened to see the new trailer for this. Two things:

1) The film looks miserably bad. And way too packed with characters and things
2) The trailer gives away almost the entire film

More
05 Dec 2015 09:00 #216660 by bfkiller
It's probably the spoileriest trailer I've ever seen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
05 Dec 2015 09:57 #216663 by Josh Look
Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen was once described as "Jazz as played by a 10 year old on cocaine." This movie is looking like that as well, only minus the cocaine, which manages to make it look even less appealing than the catastrophy that is RotF.

Mark my words, most of the movies that DC is promising won't happen. You'll see this, Suicide Squad, maybe one or to more, and they'll reboot again.

More
05 Dec 2015 11:31 #216672 by Michael Barnes
I didn't realize that Warner Bros. was also leveraging this to be a prequel/origin story for Tim Burton's Willy Wonka. I guess they were pulling a bait and switch by announcing that Jesse Eisenberg was playing Lex Luthor. But it's pretty clear why Johnny Depp wouldn't reprise the role because this movie looks like absolute shit.

More
05 Dec 2015 12:09 #216674 by Columbob

Michael Barnes wrote: I didn't realize that Warner Bros. was also leveraging this to be a prequel/origin story for Tim Burton's Willy Wonka.

but but but how is that even possible? He already did it in his version of Charlie and the Chocolate factory!

More
06 Dec 2015 07:35 #216714 by Legomancer
You people hating on Eisenberg's Luthor are forgetting how much bile was thrown at this now-iconic performance

Attachments:

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.646 seconds