October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2510 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

Another new SW7 trailer

More
13 Nov 2015 14:12 #214994 by Black Barney
I can't google search anymore. The word completion drives me totally nuts. No matter what I type it always tries to autocomplete the search as "emma watson topless". It's like it's in my frickin' head or something

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2015 14:13 - 13 Nov 2015 14:19 #214995 by Black Barney
...double post.

ok so Youtube sucks for searching. I couldn't find it at all using that. But I did find it in the end.

Two things:

It's totally worth freezing the frame at 0:48 to really soak in everything that is going on in that room. There's a ton of stuff there.

And I'm not the first to say this but...0:50 — WHAT IS THIS THING THAT STORMTROOPER IS USING AND WHY CAN IT BLOCK A LIGHTSABER JJ ABRAMS WHAT ARE YOU DOING
Last edit: 13 Nov 2015 14:19 by Black Barney.

More
13 Nov 2015 16:11 #215003 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Another new SW7 trailer

Black Barney wrote: I can't google search anymore. The word completion drives me totally nuts. No matter what I type it always tries to autocomplete the search as "emma watson topless". It's like it's in my frickin' head or something

Or in your browser history.

More
13 Nov 2015 16:33 #215006 by Joebot
Replied by Joebot on topic Another new SW7 trailer

Black Barney wrote: .
It's totally worth freezing the frame at 0:48 to really soak in everything that is going on in that room. There's a ton of stuff there.

Is that Admiral Ackbar on the far right? Might be.

Black Barney wrote: .
And I'm not the first to say this but...0:50 — WHAT IS THIS THING THAT STORMTROOPER IS USING AND WHY CAN IT BLOCK A LIGHTSABER JJ ABRAMS WHAT ARE YOU DOING

[pushes up nerd glasses]
In the Clone Wars cartoon, there were droids that had special lightsaber-blocking staff thingies. These look pretty similar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
13 Nov 2015 16:37 #215007 by Black Barney
yeah, i remember those dudes too in Grevious' guard, it looks exactly like that technology. I just can't figure out why stormtroopers would be packing those now that there are no jedi left anywhere. Are they packing mammoth spears too? (yes, I know there are banthas but stay with me here). Why didn't clones get outfitted with those babies when they had to kill a bunch of jedi children?

man, I really hope that's Ackbar. I LOVE that guy.

More
13 Nov 2015 18:38 #215009 by Michael Barnes
Spoiler- this is what Han says to Rey after "You might need this", they cut the line to preserve the surprise-

Warning: Spoiler!

Also, another Ackbar related spoiler-

Warning: Spoiler!

The Stormtrooper's weapon is likely some variant of the Electrostaff:

The electrostaff was an electronic melee weapon constructed of lightsaber-resistant phrik alloy equipped with electromagnetic pulse-generating tips. The electrostaff was the primary weapon of General Grievous's and Count Dooku's bodyguards and the Imperial riot troopers as well as Imperial heavy troopers of the Galactic Empire.

Or it could be a Vibroblade:
A vibroblade resembled a short sword with a high-tech look and feel and consisted of the same basic design as other vibroweapons: the weapon's hilt or handle usually contained a compact ultrasonic vibration generator, causing the blade to vibrate at an incredible speed, making even the slightest glancing blow become a gaping wound. Vibroblades were dangerous to use against electrical weapons, as they conducted electricity. Electrocution, however, would be the wielder's last concern. Traveling up the length of the blade, the electricity would connect with a vibroblade's energy cell and ultrasonic vibration generator. The result would be a miniature explosion with enough force to take off a hand.

Both are in-canon...but who knows, maybe it's something else new.

More
13 Nov 2015 21:30 #215021 by Black Barney
Are you trolling with that first spoiler or is that for realsies?

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds