October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

STAR WARS FREE ZONE

More
16 Dec 2015 15:37 #217506 by Disgustipater
Replied by Disgustipater on topic STAR WARS FREE ZONE

the_jake_1973 wrote: I'm going opening night and will be sure to post spoilers in every thread around this place.

Send me the spoilers and I'll help you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2015 16:45 #217513 by Grudunza
Replied by Grudunza on topic STAR WARS FREE ZONE
I'm going to camp out for tickets tonight. I'm sure I'll get some, right? :oP

I haven't read any full reviews, but couldn't help catching a few blurbs online. Glowing and effusive, by and large. I don't need it to be the greatest movie ever, or even the greatest Star Wars movie... just be fun and entertaining enough to recapture some of what made it great to begin with, and lead forward with a good feeling. Looks like we have that, and maybe more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, Black Barney

More
16 Dec 2015 16:49 #217516 by OldHippy
Replied by OldHippy on topic STAR WARS FREE ZONE

Disgustipater wrote:

the_jake_1973 wrote: I'm going opening night and will be sure to post spoilers in every thread around this place.

Send me the spoilers and I'll help you.

I read all the spoilers, I know pretty much everything that happens in the film now and it was very satisfying. I have now calmed down my anger over the Star Wars mania going on. It can't recommend it for everyone but it did wonders for me.

More
16 Dec 2015 16:59 #217517 by Black Barney
Replied by Black Barney on topic STAR WARS FREE ZONE
I was about to call you a fun sponge but I remember I did the same thing with The Walking Dead and it helped.

More
16 Dec 2015 17:17 #217518 by OldHippy
Replied by OldHippy on topic STAR WARS FREE ZONE

Black Barney wrote: I was about to call you a fun sponge but I remember I did the same thing with The Walking Dead and it helped.

It's odd because a year ago I was pumped about this movie. Then slowly throughout the year I let all this crap get under my skin. I can't explain exactly why my brain reacts in these ways but it does. Sometimes I hate the way my brain works because it steals fun from me. But it's not like it's something I can control. I still look forward to seeing it at some point in the future.

The spoilers thing won't hurt me at all, if the film is good I can enjoy it either way, spoilers don't ruin a good film.

More
16 Dec 2015 17:23 #217522 by Black Barney
Replied by Black Barney on topic STAR WARS FREE ZONE
Except stuff like the Sixth Sense but you won't have reveals like that in Star Wars

...except ESB

More
16 Dec 2015 17:23 #217524 by Erik Twice
Replied by Erik Twice on topic STAR WARS FREE ZONE

JonJacob wrote: Consider yourself lucky. It's enough to drive a man mad.

Personally I plan on reading every single spoiler I can to kill any desire I have to see the film.

I truly expected it to be Minions redux and so far it isn't shaping up to be like that. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, though.

More
16 Dec 2015 17:39 #217527 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic STAR WARS FREE ZONE
I love going out and seeing Star Wars stuff everywhere. It is OBNOXIOUSLY over the top, but I just kind of laugh at it and don't get upset about it. I mean come on, licensing was ALWAYS a huge part of Star Wars. But the lead up this time is just insane. Kylo Ren tire pressure gauges, Poe Dameron insurance policies, lingerie with the original poster art on it...I wish that last one were made up, but I saw it at Kohl's.

There's going to be a TON of this stuff on clearance/in places like Tuesday Morning/Big Lots, all of the stuff that isn't more tasteful and/or collectible.

I saw that big $200 or whatever First Order TIE Fighter at Target and it gave me pause because I knew that 15 years ago I'd be burning the strip off my credit card to get all the toy stuff. So far, other than the games, I haven't really seen anything that I wanted to own. I think my parents got River that Hot Wheels Jakku playset (which I think is sort of a Loopin' Chewie kind of thing). I got him a really good Vader costume for like $10 a few days after Halloween. But we've really not gone overboard with it here. River picked out a Kylo Ren ornament for the tree (last year it was the Inquisitor, so I guess he sees the bad guys as Christmasy or something). The popchips we get have SW stuff on them, but it's more fun than annoying. Except when the kids bicker about who gets the BB8 bag.

I love that it's hitting at Christmas, it's like this extra thing going on...and of course it reminds me of many Star Wars Christmases past, even up to being 25 years old or so and my parents getting me the Power of the Force AT-AT and Millennium Falcon.

More
16 Dec 2015 17:52 #217530 by Disgustipater
The fruit is the best. Yoda branded grapes, BB-8 branded oranges, and Darth Vader branded apples.

My only hope is that having a new movie every year blunts people's enthusiasm for Star Wars. I don't think I can handle this on a yearly basis.

Did I mention I hate Star Wars?

More
16 Dec 2015 18:00 #217534 by Hex Sinister
Replied by Hex Sinister on topic STAR WARS FREE ZONE

Disgustipater wrote: The fruit is the best. Yoda branded grapes, BB-8 branded oranges, and Darth Vader branded apples.

My only hope is that having a new movie every year blunts people's enthusiasm for Star Wars. I don't think I can handle this on a yearly basis.

Did I mention I hate Star Wars?

Disgustipater, you sound like me talking about Harry Potter. Heh, it's all good.

More
16 Dec 2015 19:11 #217539 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic STAR WARS FREE ZONE
I am glad this is all coming out now in time for me to adjust the ol' Christmas card list.

More
16 Dec 2015 20:31 - 16 Dec 2015 20:31 #217546 by ChristopherMD
Replied by ChristopherMD on topic STAR WARS FREE ZONE
I re-watched Revenge of the Sith about a month ago. I will never make that mistake again.
Last edit: 16 Dec 2015 20:31 by ChristopherMD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
17 Dec 2015 00:44 #217556 by SuperflyPete
Replied by SuperflyPete on topic STAR WARS FREE ZONE
Warning: Spoiler!

DO NOT LOOK UNLESS YOU WANT TO KNOW.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

More
17 Dec 2015 00:46 #217557 by SuperflyPete
Replied by SuperflyPete on topic STAR WARS FREE ZONE
I sat in a surgery waiting room for 3 hours today. Reddit has all the spoilers.

The above is the juiciest.

More
17 Dec 2015 00:53 #217558 by Disgustipater

SuperflyTNT wrote: *spoiler*
DO NOT LOOK UNLESS YOU WANT TO KNOW.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.392 seconds