October 09, 2023
2498 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2702 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

Seen the new Star Wars movie? Full of Spoilers

More
05 Jan 2016 04:18 #219051 by Sevej

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2016 14:42 #219087 by maxoftat

Black Barney wrote: Had a great time at your wedding Kiki. That brunette friend of your stepsons gf was insane.

That might have been the gf of the other stepson. She's a doll. It's so difficult to be a good human being around those kids some times.

- Max of Tat

More
05 Jan 2016 14:48 #219088 by Black Barney
I found out that they were on break since they went to different colleges. Once I found that out, I had to get the hell out of there

More
05 Jan 2016 19:30 #219124 by maxoftat

Black Barney wrote: I found out that they were on break since they went to different colleges. Once I found that out, I had to get the hell out of there

Too old?

- Max of Tat
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
05 Jan 2016 20:45 #219130 by Black Barney
There's only one reason u go on break with your high school sweetheart before going to college. That girl was fired up.

More
07 Jan 2016 12:15 - 07 Jan 2016 12:18 #219261 by Gregarius
Not about Force Awakens, but I figured this was as good a place for a Star Wars question as any.

Something about Empire Strikes Back started bothering me the other day. When Lando opens the door for Han and Leia to reveal Darth Vader waiting at the table, Han immediately starts shooting. Sure, it had no effect, but that's pretty damn ballsy. Darth Vader is a pretty high ranking military leader of the legitimate government. Sure, we all know he's a "bad guy," but in the context of their universe, that's still straight up murder. And he doesn't even hesitate. Han shot first, indeed.

Last edit: 07 Jan 2016 12:18 by Gregarius.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
07 Jan 2016 12:19 #219262 by charlest
True, but Han already saw Vader cut down a meditating Obi-Wan and he was already an enemy of the Empire after A New Hope.

More
07 Jan 2016 12:23 #219264 by Michael Barnes
I'm surprised that Lucas didn't digitally add a little pistol to Darth Vader's hand, limply firing off a shot first.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mads b., jeb, Feelitmon

More
07 Jan 2016 12:36 #219267 by Sagrilarus
Bush Doctrine.

More
07 Jan 2016 13:19 #219273 by Black Barney
I don't think it's straight up murder. Han was clearly part of the REBEL ALLIANCE at that point which is basically at war with the evil GALACTIC EMPIRE. Killing a military target isn't murder. Just like (this won't be popular) blowing up a bunch of sailors on the US Cole isn't exactly murder. That's a legitimate military target.

More
07 Jan 2016 14:01 #219281 by Gregarius
I suppose, but if an American revolutionary walked into a pub and saw Lord Cornwallis, I don't think he'd just immediately pull out his musket, tear open a cartridge, half cock the musket to pour in powder, pull back the frizzen, pour in more powder, put in a lead ball, push in the wadding, ram the ball and wadding down the barrel, fully cock the musket, then fire willy-nilly, even if Cornwallis was a legitimate military target.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, Black Barney, Columbob

More
07 Jan 2016 14:05 #219283 by jeb

Gregarius wrote: I suppose, but if an American revolutionary walked into a pub and saw Lord Cornwallis, I don't think he'd just immediately pull out his musket, tear open a cartridge, half cock the musket to pour in powder, pull back the frizzen, pour in more powder, put in a lead ball, push in the wadding, ram the ball and wadding down the barrel, fully cock the musket, then fire willy-nilly, even if Cornwallis was a legitimate military target.

Ain't nobody got time to pull back the frizzen. We'd grab a chair and clock his Tory ass.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, Sagrilarus

More
07 Jan 2016 14:20 #219286 by Black Barney
That revolutionary, if he was a regular, would be under orders to attack and kill redcoats, no? What the hell is Cornwallis doing in a rebel-occupied pub in the first place? Seems like capturing this dude would be the better play.

Capturing Vader on Cloud City serves no purpose. That guy is a huge threat and has to be put down. "You're not going to talk your way out of this one, Solo"

More
09 Jan 2016 14:06 #219455 by SuperFlySwatter
I think the similarities were clearly intentional, it felt very obvious to me that JJ was having a dialogue with fans of the original to say this is the same star wars YOU fell in love with, and that I also fell in love with. I'm going to stick to that tone and feeling, and when I take the story new places in the next episodes then you'll at least know its coming from the same kind of place as a fan of what made the originals great, it felt like a very clear set up for moving the universe on under his own terms but instead of just going mad from the start, just grounded it back to the originals, so that they can still be linked at the heart even if the new one grows into a very different animal by the end

More
09 Jan 2016 14:20 #219457 by SuperFlySwatter
I am quite curious how the Luke exile came to pass, Kylo Ren cant have been on his own because he clearly buckled against Rey when the force got going in her, so its hard to believe him on his own going rogue would be enough to drive out a full powered Luke. Maybe they explained that and I missed it, i was too busy holding off my ejaculation for most of the movie so I will need to see it again several more times

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds