October 09, 2023
2220 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2440 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

Star Wars Rebels

More
04 Jan 2016 00:31 #218958 by OldHippy
Replied by OldHippy on topic Star Wars Rebels
Thanks man, I really like Clone Wars (I'm a big fan of Genndy Tartakovsky's visual style and I love Samurai Jack). I'm a definitely downloading this thing.

For the record, Tom and Jerry is awesome (the old ones anyway) as is Foghorn Leghorn. In fact, I think that I generally find cartooning more interesting than live action. There's room for a style of expression that live action just can't do and the rules of the world are totally within your control. Aesthetics are whatever you want them to be. Budget constraints aren't an issue and therefore aren't impressive - which is a strength. Everything must service the story or joke ... there is no point in just throwing money at the screen since every image costs the same price.

Andy just needs a few mornings of waking up like this.

The second he paddles that fucking dog, I'm laughing my ass off. I can't help myself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: repoman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2016 12:01 #218975 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic Star Wars Rebels
I missed this thread over the holiday but I have to say that although I disagree with Andy, the fact that he cited Foghorn Leghorn makes him the champion here.

More
06 Jan 2016 11:22 #219169 by Columbob
Replied by Columbob on topic Star Wars Rebels
Star Wars Rebels and Clone Wars are slowly turning my daughters into a new generation of SW fans. That's good enough for me!

Familiar faces from the OT (or even from Clone Wars) make their way into Rebels from time to time, but Vader voiced by JEJ takes the cake.

More
06 Jan 2016 12:04 #219176 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic Star Wars Rebels
I KNOW RIGHT!? That was SO freaking awesome when Vader showed up...and with an older Ahsoka at that.

Loved that they brought Rex back, love the prickly relationship he has with Kanan.

Clone Wars and Rebels are, as far as I am concerned, now the Star Wars prequels.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
06 Jan 2016 14:37 #219192 by Columbob
Older Ahsoka, not so baby-faced anymore. Loved her reunion with Rex! And when she learned who Vader really was and faints dead away.

Then my daughter says something like "Maybe Anakin will show up?" Her mom and I share a look before I answer "I don't think so sweety." (context: we're also playing Disney Infinity 3.0 with Anakin and Vader).

More
08 Apr 2016 14:48 #225568 by Columbob
BEWARNED - SPOILERS BELOW!

I watched the S2 finale a week ago (a couple of times actually) and briefly mentioned it in the TV shows thread, but it's been tickling my mind and I wanted to discuss it in depth over here.

Return of an old foe (Maul) bent on revenge against...Vader? Why? (ok so he allegedly hates the Sith for discarding him and his bisected body) Why not ObiWan (who we've yet to see in this show)? Unless I'm missing something from the Clone Wars show (haven't watched all of it yet)? What's his angle? And he's trying to corrupt Ezra to the Dark Side (and apparently somewhat succeeding, going by the foreshadowing in the final screen shot).

Characters were falling left and right, with no less than the deaths of all three henchmen inquisitors (including a new one first seen here). With the final showdown between Vader and Ahsoka, I was fully expecting she's become one with the Force. By the final moments of the show, we see a battered and limping Vader heading back to his TIE - Snips sure put up one hell of a fight! But then we glimpse her from afar, seemingly unharmed and turning back inside the Sith temple - she actually handed Vader's ass to him, but her feelings for her former master prevented her from finishing him off...simply incredible and took me completely by surprise. What's next for her? Will Vader come back? Will she stay there as a recluse or try to contact the Rebels or what?

Best part: we've FINALLY seen a new use for the multipurpose lightsabers as helicopter propeller blades! Dream come true.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds