October 09, 2023
2219 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2438 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

Favorite movie trailers

More
04 Mar 2016 09:31 #223762 by Michael Barnes
Cry me a river. I paid to see The Waterboy to see the trailer. They showed it before and after the movie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2016 10:25 #223775 by Legomancer
Replied by Legomancer on topic Favorite movie trailers

Michael Barnes wrote: Cry me a river. I paid to see The Waterboy to see the trailer. They showed it before and after the movie.

Hey, you chose to stick around. We left after the trailer.

More
04 Mar 2016 10:45 #223779 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Favorite movie trailers
Y'all motherfuckers is crazy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bendgar

More
04 Mar 2016 17:29 - 04 Mar 2016 17:46 #223817 by Black Barney
Anyone go and see Meet Joe Black just to see the SW trailer? I didn't.

Some great trailers here. That Mad Max trailer is SO much better than the others. The others didn't even make me want to see the movie, which honestly should classify them as the worst trailers ever made..... beside John Carter even.

The first trailer for MIDNIGHT SPECIAL is really really good. It hits me in all the right places.

First time I saw the STARSHIP TROOPERS trailer I almost pissed myself.

Some fun things in the trailers I've seen in this thread:

The ALIEN one is amazing and i find it hilarious that it gives Tom Skerritt top billing. That's some funny misdirection but also business savvy.

Can you believe they put Jason Priestly in the trailer for Tombstone like that would be a draw? It's bad enough he was in it in the first place "those men you killed were my friends!"

i love movie trailers. Very, very often they are the best part of going to the movies.
Last edit: 04 Mar 2016 17:46 by Black Barney. Reason: ken is handsome
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
04 Mar 2016 22:31 - 04 Mar 2016 22:32 #223820 by MacDirk Diggler
OMG Best trailer you never saw.
Gary Oldman is a midget!!!!!
I was almost crying at the last few lines of voiceover...
Check it out!

Last edit: 04 Mar 2016 22:32 by MacDirk Diggler.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bendgar, Black Barney

More
05 Mar 2016 19:16 #223834 by repoman
Replied by repoman on topic Favorite movie trailers
Even though it's very recent, this is the best trailer ever. Too bad some of that great stuff didn't even make the movie like the line "Who are you?...I'm no one." Still gives me the damn chills as does the reprise of the Star Wars theme when you first see the Falcon.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, MacDirk Diggler, Josh Look

More
06 Mar 2016 10:32 - 06 Mar 2016 10:53 #223850 by Grudunza
Replied by Grudunza on topic Favorite movie trailers
Where the Wild Things Are; what great promise in that trailer. And then, phew...

As far as trailers getting me excited for something I wasn't otherwise that interested in, Fury Road would be the winner. I remember thinking, oh they're rebooting Mad Max with Tom Hardy. Eh, okay, sure. But then that trailer. Wooooooow. And then, of course, the movie delivered.

This year's example of that would be for Jungle Book. Well, the movie delivering remains to be seen. But I had no interest at all in another version of that, especially with likely bad CGI characters and phoned-in voice acting. This is looking fantastic, though, and will probably be another big winner for Disney, who has been crushing it a lot lately. I like this earlier trailer a little better than the longer new one, as this one is more vague and more evocative:

Referencing POTC and Iron Man aren't necessarily huge selling points for this, but I suppose that's a segment of the audience they were trying to win over, who might otherwise have dismissed it. But really, the footage and voice work sells itself to me.

Those Force Awakens teasers and trailers are some of the best, ever, in terms of showing just enough to generate excitement, but not giving away anything significant.

As an example of a great teaser but then a trailer that spoils that a bit... My girls and I were really amused by the teaser for Secret Life of Pets. But then I saw the longer trailer the other day and the story seems to be more of a typical animals banding together on an adventure to save one of their friends kind of thing. Might still be great, but I was more intrigued when I knew less...

Last edit: 06 Mar 2016 10:53 by Grudunza.

More
07 Mar 2016 08:05 #223902 by Legomancer
Replied by Legomancer on topic Favorite movie trailers
The Force Awakens trailers didn't do much for me, probably because by the time they showed up I was just sick of each little tease. This new thing of hyping a movie for two years before it comes out doesn't do much for me, and in this case it was for something that already was guaranteed to make a bojillion dollars and have asses in seats. By the time the main trailer came out, I felt like I had already had plenty of Force Awakens pushed at me and actually wanted to see less of it until the movie itself came out.

Then again, I'm a fun murderer.

More
15 Mar 2016 17:25 #224399 by 433
Replied by 433 on topic Favorite movie trailers

MacDirk Diggler wrote: OMG Best trailer you never saw.
Gary Oldman is a midget!!!!!
I was almost crying at the last few lines of voiceover...
Check it out!

OH GOD THAT MOVIE

I saw it at a film festival, and beforehand they were talking about how the studio wanted to recut the film, and that we were seeing the director's true vision.

That true vision sucked.

More endings than Return of the King.

It is awful. Simply awful.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds