October 09, 2023
2488 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2688 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

Top 5 Arnold Schwarzenegger Films

More
15 Aug 2016 19:11 #232070 by DukeofChutney
Conan
Predator
TII
TI
Jingle all the way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Aug 2016 19:30 #232072 by Ancient_of_MuMu
1) Terminator 2
2) Total Recall
3) Predator
4) Running Man
5) Commando

Arnie films have my two favourite background sex moments in film. In Conan in the marketplace early on in the background there is a guy having sex with a camel, and in Commando there is a moment in the fight in the motel where they burst into a neighboring room and a girl is pegging a guy.

More
15 Aug 2016 21:12 #232076 by ChristopherMD

Black Barney wrote: I really don't like Conan at all.

Why not? Destroyer is fucking awful, but Barbarian has a great soundtrack and James Earl Jones.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
15 Aug 2016 22:20 #232085 by dave
1. T2

More
15 Aug 2016 23:13 #232088 by metalface13
Fun Fact: Jingle All The Way was filmed just across the river in Sewickley, PA, where we got to the Y!

More
16 Aug 2016 13:10 #232154 by Egg Shen
Me and my friends growing up were Arnold junkies...so I've seen most of the man's output multiple times. As an adult I still love watching his films...and I secretly hope he has one more "all time classic" left in him. Anywho...the list.

1. Terminator - This is his absolute best film. Yes, there are other films where he had better "acting" performances...but the first Terminator is fucking incredible. It's essentially a slasher film, with a time traveling robot. Very dark, moody, tense and thrilling. It's perfect. Arnold's detached performance is tremendous and is genuinely terrifying.

2. Conan - Arguably his most iconic role. Though the movie itself has little to do with the Robert E Howard stories...Arnold pretty much carries the film on his broad shoulders. He is a physical specimen and it's all on display. When people mention Conan the Barbarian this film is usually the first thing that pops into their head. Arnold IS Conan to most people. The bombastic and operatic score by Basil Poledouris fits the movie like an iron gauntlet. Everything comes together for an incredible adventure.

3. Predator - Barnes is completely wrong about Predator. It holds up perfectly today and is a joy to watch. It effortlessly blends 80s musclebound action, an alien sci fi film, and a slasher villain all in one hot sweaty jungle. The whole thing movies along at a brisk pace, with excellent action sequences, great special effects, and motley crew of lovable meat-heads. I love the ending and how it forces the physical freak Schwarzenegger to use his noggin' to defeat the Predator. Also, fuck almighty...that creature that Stan Winston cooked up. So damn great and iconic. This is highly entertaining stuff.

4. Commando - If Conan is the ultimate Sword and Sandal film, then Command is the ultimate action film. Commando is one of the most ridiculous, over the top, films ever made. The whole thing is just so damn FUNNY. The one liners will make you do a spit take the first time you hear them and the Arnold is actually more indestructible than he is in the Terminator. Bennett is one of the worst villains of all time...and that just makes the ending all the better. This whole ordeal is like the creators bottled everything awesome about a Schwarzenegger film and committed it to celluloid. It's all perfectly punctuated with James Horner's island influenced score that is somehow just as funny and entertaining as the rest of the film.

5. Total Recall - I completely love this film. If I was going strictly on an entertainment value, this might be at the 3 spot. Total Recall is not a good movie. If this thing didn't star Arnie it would be a complete miss. The locations clearly look like sound stage sets, the script is more action than sci fi, and it's so fucking weird. THAT being said, it's pure GOLD! Just a an entertaining riot from start to finish. I love the special effects, the action scenes, and on your first viewing you just never know what's gonna happen next. At it's worst this borders on pure schlock, but director Paul Verhoeven keeps things afloat nicely. You're never a few minutes away from something ridiculous happening. "Get your ass to MAHHHHHHRS!!!!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Columbob

More
16 Aug 2016 14:37 #232173 by boothwah

I love the string of bullshits a couple of minutes in.

More
16 Aug 2016 15:03 #232178 by ChristopherMD
Every time I hear about self-driving cars I immediately think of Johnny Cabs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
16 Aug 2016 16:52 #232188 by Msample

Egg Shen wrote: Bennett is one of the worst villains of all time...and that just makes the ending all the better.

Trivia , mashing this thread up with the Mad Max thread: the actor who played Bennett is the same one who played Wes, Max's main antagonist from The Road Warrior.
Attachments:

More
16 Aug 2016 17:24 - 16 Aug 2016 17:24 #232190 by SebastianBludd

Msample wrote: Trivia , mashing this thread up with the Mad Max thread: the actor who played Bennett is the same one who played Wes, Max's main antagonist from The Road Warrior.

He also played the villainous henchmen, Mr. Igoe, from Innerspace. He looks better in a suit and shades with his Inspector Gadget hand than he did in his Freddie Mercury cosplay in Commando. ;)
Last edit: 16 Aug 2016 17:24 by SebastianBludd.

More
16 Aug 2016 18:59 #232196 by charlieturtle
Terminator 2
Conan: The Barbarian
Predator
Terminator
True Lies

More
16 Aug 2016 19:09 - 17 Aug 2016 20:00 #232197 by Ancient_of_MuMu

Egg Shen wrote: 4. Commando - If Conan is the ultimate Sword and Sandal film, then Command is the ultimate action film. Commando is one of the most ridiculous, over the top, films ever made. The whole thing is just so damn FUNNY. The one liners will make you do a spit take the first time you hear them and the Arnold is actually more indestructible than he is in the Terminator. Bennett is one of the worst villains of all time...and that just makes the ending all the better. This whole ordeal is like the creators bottled everything awesome about a Schwarzenegger film and committed it to celluloid. It's all perfectly punctuated with James Horner's island influenced score that is somehow just as funny and entertaining as the rest of the film.

The other thing that just keeps getting funnier each time I see Commando, adding to its charm, is his inability to correctly pronounce his own daughter's name. But then maybe I am wrong and her name is Chenny.
Last edit: 17 Aug 2016 20:00 by Ancient_of_MuMu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample

More
17 Aug 2016 07:52 #232219 by Black Barney
is she played by a young Milano?
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
17 Aug 2016 07:56 #232221 by hotseatgames
Yes, it's Alyssa Milano

More
17 Aug 2016 21:42 #232303 by metalface13
The Troll List
1. Jingle All The Way
2. Junior
3. Twins
4. End of Days
5. Batman & Robin

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.613 seconds