October 09, 2023
2479 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2683 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

Star Wars...

More
20 Oct 2017 16:23 #256097 by ChristopherMD
Replied by ChristopherMD on topic Star Wars...

Black Barney wrote: does anyone get the feeling that Snoke will end up being SUPER small in size and that his hologram is super big to make him look more menacing? This way Disney introduces another 'cute' character?

Warning: Spoiler!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2017 16:24 - 20 Oct 2017 16:25 #256098 by ufe20
Replied by ufe20 on topic Star Wars...

Jackwraith wrote:

ufe20 wrote:

Jackwraith wrote: Darth Sidious, Darth Tyranus, and General Grievous

Bro, all these names are hot garbage.

The new cutsie poo alien is a little over the top, but Star Wars has always been for kids. Then again, I'm firmly on the Force Awakens > Rogue One side of the fence. I'll take a competent retelling of the OT with fun, new characters over a "dark and edgy" movie with boring characters who's names I can't even remember.

I didn't say they were good. I meant they're at least better than Snoke. Yes, Sidious and Grievous are just as obvious as "Dark Raider." It's not the like the writing on Star Wars has ever been worthwhile. But those ham-handed names at least sound evil. What the fuck is a "Snoke"?

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't defend Snoke, it's pretty lame. That said, is it any worse than Jabba or Bobba Fett? Those names only "make sense" because you heard them when you were 6.

I'm not sure if Snoke will be tiny but it wouldn't surprise me if they pulled that "twist". I only hope that they don't have a second chapter big reveal where Rey ends up related to Luke or Leia. I guess when I said I don't mind a retelling of the OT, I really just meant the first movie, I'm hoping the whole damn trilogy isn't a beat for beat remake. Kylo doing a "Rey, you are my sister" bit will have my ass walking out the theater.
Last edit: 20 Oct 2017 16:25 by ufe20.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
20 Oct 2017 16:51 - 20 Oct 2017 16:52 #256102 by ChristopherMD

ufe20 wrote: I only hope that they don't have a second chapter big reveal where Rey ends up related to Luke or Leia. I guess when I said I don't mind a retelling of the OT, I really just meant the first movie, I'm hoping the whole damn trilogy isn't a beat for beat remake. Kylo doing a "Rey, you are my sister" bit will have my ass walking out the theater.

Who would you prefer be Rey's father?

a) Luke
b) Han Solo
c) Midichlorians
d) Someone original which will never happen but you're free to hope.
Last edit: 20 Oct 2017 16:52 by ChristopherMD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. White

More
20 Oct 2017 17:03 #256103 by Black Barney
Replied by Black Barney on topic Star Wars...
E) Harvey Weinstein

"No!... it can't be true!! That's impossible!!!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jackwraith, Not Sure, Pat II, boothwah, DukeofChutney

More
20 Oct 2017 18:35 #256108 by Gregarius
Replied by Gregarius on topic Star Wars...
I think “Snoke” would be fine for a less important character, but it doesn’t feel right for a big bad. Combination of smoke and snake, I presume, so I guess it’s better than “Smake” or “Rattlesmoke.”

The new AT-ATs could be cool. Is it just me, or does it look like they’re dragging their knuckles? I wonder if during the fight they’ll rear up on their haunches and swat at the fighters like a MechaKong.

More
20 Oct 2017 18:37 #256109 by dysjunct
Replied by dysjunct on topic Star Wars...

Mad Dog wrote:

ufe20 wrote: I only hope that they don't have a second chapter big reveal where Rey ends up related to Luke or Leia. I guess when I said I don't mind a retelling of the OT, I really just meant the first movie, I'm hoping the whole damn trilogy isn't a beat for beat remake. Kylo doing a "Rey, you are my sister" bit will have my ass walking out the theater.

a) Luke
b) Han Solo
c) Midichlorians

(f) No one! Virgin birth, just like Anakin!

More
20 Oct 2017 18:40 #256110 by ChristopherMD

dysjunct wrote:

Mad Dog wrote:

a) Luke
b) Han Solo
c) Midichlorians

(f) No one! Virgin birth, just like Anakin!

Anny was option C.

More
21 Oct 2017 09:18 #256135 by Pat II
Replied by Pat II on topic Star Wars...
I don't think anyone will be ready for the greatest heal turn of all time when it is revealed that the Ewoks have turned to the darkside!! As a reward for their allegiance all leather eye patches have been swapped out for cool looking cybernetic eyes that glow red and are encased in a half skull cap. Most of these have been delivered as the initial order was placed through Sears and the remaining20% are on backorder...most likely to go unfulfilled given recent condition of the Company. Who better to turn the fortunes of a waning empire that can't seem to put down "Cute" for any length of time than the golden standard of cute.

Hold on kids things are going to get rough! (Cue Star Wars music and action scene involving Cute 2.0 creature up this thread).

More
21 Oct 2017 10:30 #256137 by Black Barney
Replied by Black Barney on topic Star Wars...
Lol it’s true the walkers look like they’re dragging their knuckles. I wonder why they’re inspired by simians

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds