October 09, 2023
2494 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2697 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk abut Movies & TV here. Just tell us what you have been watching. Have hyper-academic discussions on visual semiotics. Whatever, it's all good.

Mad Max: Fury Road

More
11 Sep 2015 11:11 #210464 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Mad Max: Fury Road

Sagrilarus wrote:

Black Barney wrote: Oh man, for real ? I assumed this was abhrams baby

Abrams concerns me. Star Trek Into Darkness was bad enough that I didn't stay for the ending. I'm going to wait on the reviews before going.

I haven't seen Fury Road yet, and have it queued up on Amazon. But I need two interrupted hours to watch it and that just hasn't happened for the last three weeks.

S.

Into Darkness had the same root problem as Prometheus. It was written by Damon Lindelof. He is great at writing exciting scenes, but absolutely terrible at stringing those scenes together into a coherent story. He is also the reason why Lost ended so badly. A basic rule of writing is to know how you intend to end your story. Lindelof ignores that rule and just makes shit up as he goes along, and gets lost (heh) along the way. Fortunately, it appears that Lindelof is not involved in SW7.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2015 13:16 #210474 by Feelitmon
Replied by Feelitmon on topic Mad Max: Fury Road
Mad Max is easily my favorite movie of the last few years, even if it did blow out my sub-woofer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
11 Sep 2015 19:13 #210513 by Cranberries
Replied by Cranberries on topic Mad Max: Fury Road

Shellhead wrote:

Sagrilarus wrote:

Black Barney wrote: Oh man, for real ? I assumed this was abhrams baby

Abrams concerns me. Star Trek Into Darkness was bad enough that I didn't stay for the ending. I'm going to wait on the reviews before going.

I haven't seen Fury Road yet, and have it queued up on Amazon. But I need two interrupted hours to watch it and that just hasn't happened for the last three weeks.

S.

Into Darkness had the same root problem as Prometheus. It was written by Damon Lindelof. He is great at writing exciting scenes, but absolutely terrible at stringing those scenes together into a coherent story. He is also the reason why Lost ended so badly. A basic rule of writing is to know how you intend to end your story. Lindelof ignores that rule and just makes shit up as he goes along, and gets lost (heh) along the way. Fortunately, it appears that Lindelof is not involved in SW7.

"Lindelof is certainly aware of fan appreciation — and the alternative — of his work; elsewhere in the interview, he talks about why he left Twitter last year. "I don’t think it’s a huge surprise to me that Twitter was ultimately a place that made me feel bad," he explained."

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds