October 09, 2023
2424 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2632 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Who wants free ebooks?

More
08 Jul 2014 13:23 #181795 by Dogmatix
Howdy folks

I've achieved a sort of basic acceptance of the fact that I'm just going to buy the monthly ebook bundles from Baen each and every month until the end of time. At $18 for 2-4 new titles and anywhere from 3 up to 6 back catalog titles, it's more cost effective than going a la carte and buying the 1-4 books I'm basically guaranteed to buy at $7 per each month anyway.

One of the many great things about Baen, however, is that, whenever you buy a monthly bundle, they give you an opportunity to also give a copy of the bundle to a new customer. I figure I've blown the opportunity to give away 200 books at this point and it seems a waste of perfectly good free stuff.

Trick is, once you register as a customer, which you must do to d/l the books, that email is ineligible for future bundles. Same with any address you've used to either buy something or d/l from the Baen free e-Library. Got multiple emails? You can get multiple bundles.

I'll take up to 3 email addresses from any user. I can't guarantee you'll get anything before 2015, but WTF...it's free shit without even the vague hint of piracy-guilt.

Books are DRM free and, should you like what you read and want to buy more in the future or explore the back catalog, generally under $8 per. They used to be even cheaper but Amazon demanded some serious concessions in order to allow Baen to sell through them.

[This same deal has also forced Baen into a weird spot where there are a *lot* of recently issued reprints and many more coming over the next year or more because Amazon wouldn't allow Baen to list any title that had been available as a free download in the Baen Free e-library. So, in order to get some pretty key titles (like, e.g., the first couple books in the Honor Harrington series) in front of Amazon eyeballs, they're repackaging "new editions"--some with altogether new titles, like the Raj Whitehall/The General omnibuses [omnibii?]. You may need to read descriptions closely to make sure is actually what you were expecting...]

So, want free sci-fi/fantasy/occasionally libertarian gun fetishist manifestos [yea, Tom Kratman, I'm talking about you] e-reads at some undefined moment in the future? Shoot me a PM if intrested with up to 3 valid email address(es) in the body and "Baen Free Shit" in the subject line.

Failure to follow that instruction--or just succumbing to TL;DR syndrome and not making it this far--almost certainly means you're too dumb to read a whole book anyway, so this deal probably isn't for you. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bomber

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds