October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Some good news!

More
17 Sep 2014 09:43 #187188 by Bullwinkle
Some good news! was created by Bullwinkle
Hey all,

Though I've been reading F:AT as diligently as always, I haven't been posting very much lately. That's partly because I haven't really been playing any board games for a while, but also partly because I've been busy working on other things, which Hatchling and Dr. Mabuse already know about. And that is...

Last Thursday, I sold a book! Here's the announcement, eighth paragraph down, under the name 'Kevin Sands':

www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/chi...ptember-15-2014.html

It's going to be published worldwide starting sometime in Fall 2015. I don't know specific release dates yet, but Aladdin (Simon & Schuster) will be publishing it in North America, Puffin in the UK, and the various translations will be handled by different publishers. As of now we have German, Italian, and Portuguese (Brazil), with more deals expected to be signed for other languages over the next few weeks. So if you'd like to read it in a language other than English, you'll likely get that chance.

It's aimed primarily at the 9-14 age range, but it's not written in an especially 'young' style, so I think (and hope) adults and older teens will enjoy it as well. Readers younger than 9 might struggle a little with the prose unless they're especially strong, though they could be read to easily. Anyway, I'm thrilled about publishing it, and I hope you'll consider checking it out!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2014 09:51 #187189 by ThirstyMan
Replied by ThirstyMan on topic Re: Some good news!
Congrats man!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bullwinkle

More
17 Sep 2014 09:52 #187190 by Egg Shen
Replied by Egg Shen on topic Re: Some good news!
Awesome news man! Congrats!!!

More
17 Sep 2014 10:01 #187191 by Rafael Silva
Replied by Rafael Silva on topic Re: Some good news!
Very cool blurb! Do you know who will publish in Brazil yet?

Congrats!

More
17 Sep 2014 10:02 #187192 by Chapel
Replied by Chapel on topic Re: Some good news!
Nice work!

More
17 Sep 2014 10:11 #187193 by Sevej
Replied by Sevej on topic Re: Some good news!
Sounds like a cool book!

More
17 Sep 2014 10:21 - 17 Sep 2014 10:49 #187194 by Bullwinkle
Replied by Bullwinkle on topic Re: Some good news!

Rafael Silva wrote: Very cool blurb! Do you know who will publish in Brazil yet?

Yes, it's Leya, which I'm very impressed with. The specific editor/publisher who bought it is Tainã Bispo, who already had some very kind words about my book. Leya has a number of imprints, but I don't know which one will handle the production. Don't know who the translator will be yet, either, but I'm sure they'll be fantastic; Leya handles Brazilian rights for folks like George R.R. Martin, Chuck Palahniuk, and Brandon Sanderson, among many, many others. I couldn't have asked for better.
Last edit: 17 Sep 2014 10:49 by Bullwinkle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellhead, Gary Sax, Rafael Silva

More
17 Sep 2014 10:48 #187195 by repoman
Replied by repoman on topic Re: Some good news!
Jesus H. Christ on a Scooter! That's awesome!!!!

I hope it sells a gajillion copies, gets picked up to be made into a movie franchise and a line of action figures and you became a gajillionaire!

Then fly all of your old friends who knew you when you were naught but a gamer slob out to some exotic local to party and play games.

That would be cool.

Serious congrats and envy.

More
17 Sep 2014 11:00 #187197 by san il defanso
Replied by san il defanso on topic Re: Some good news!
And here I was feeling accomplished because I remembered to put my contacts in before 9AM.

Congrats Bullwinkle! This is an awesome accomplishment, and I'm definitely interested in checking this out.

More
17 Sep 2014 11:06 #187198 by Dr. Mabuse
Replied by Dr. Mabuse on topic Re: Some good news!
CONGRATULATIONS BULLWINKLE! For the record everybody, I knew him before he blew up worldwide. Just sayin'.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Bullwinkle

More
17 Sep 2014 11:10 #187199 by Bullwinkle
Replied by Bullwinkle on topic Re: Some good news!

repoman wrote: I hope it sells a gajillion copies, gets picked up to be made into a movie franchise and a line of action figures and you became a gajillionaire!

Then fly all of your old friends who knew you when you were naught but a gamer slob out to some exotic local to party and play games.

That would be cool.

That *would* be cool. As it stands, both English-language publishers have indicated they want me to travel NA/UK to promote the book: cons, festivals, school/library/bookstore appearances, etc. I have no idea when this will happen (likely sometime next year, close to the book's release in the fall), or where I'll go, or exactly what they'll ask me to do, but the odds are I'll be in the same neck of the woods as many of you at some point in time. So regardless of how the book does, hopefully I'll get to meet more of you soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
17 Sep 2014 11:22 #187200 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Re: Some good news!

Bullwinkle wrote:

repoman wrote: I hope it sells a gajillion copies, gets picked up to be made into a movie franchise and a line of action figures and you became a gajillionaire!

That would be cool.

That *would* be cool. As it stands, both English-language publishers have indicated they want me to travel NA/UK to promote the book: cons, festivals, school/library/bookstore appearances, etc. I have no idea when this will happen (likely sometime next year, close to the book's release in the fall), or where I'll go, or exactly what they'll ask me to do, but the odds are I'll be in the same neck of the woods as many of you at some point in time. So regardless of how the book does, hopefully I'll get to meet more of you soon.

That's great! Let me know when you get out to LA, so I can realize I am super busy with the kids and not come see you! Looking forward to missing out!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse, Bullwinkle

More
17 Sep 2014 11:29 #187202 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic Re: Some good news!
See what happens when you put the board games away?

Congratulations, love to hear when a F:ATtie makes good.

More
17 Sep 2014 11:33 #187203 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Re: Some good news!
Congratulations dude! That is huge news!

More
17 Sep 2014 11:45 #187204 by Rafael Silva
Replied by Rafael Silva on topic Re: Some good news!

Bullwinkle wrote:

That would be cool.

That's great, Leya is investing really hard in fantasy books.

If you ever come to São Paulo I can show you around, buy you a beer and play some games.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.318 seconds