October 09, 2023
2450 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2651 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Help a fellow American down on his luck charity drive

More
08 Jun 2012 11:37 #127630 by repoman
What is worse than having to drive around Atlanta in summertime in a Ford Tempo? Having to do so without music. Without music a man is forced to listen to that incessant rap from the motor. Without music a man can no longer drown out the scraping noise from the rotted half of the exhaust that is currently dragging on the ground. Without music, a man looks just plain silly with his seat cranked all the way back as he bobs his head to non existent melodies.

As the self proclaimed "Prince of Ameritrash" does not dignity require that this man, one Michael Barnes by name, regain the ability to blast his "Very Best of Vanilla Ice" record as he drives down the road. The bass line distorted, but in a good way, as it issues forth from his blown sub woofer?

I say "Yes! Dignity demands it!" In that spirit I would like to begin a charity drive to gather the financial power to buy Michael Barnes a cassette adapter. I checked online today and while the goal may be lofty, I think we, as the caring community we are, can all pull together and get the $9 or so it would take to make this dream come true.

Come and join me my fellow F:ATies in my "Crusade for Dignity"!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2012 11:51 #127632 by jay718
I bought a cassette adaptor for an ipod at RadioShack a few months back and the girl at the counter was all like "Damn son, your car still got a tape deck?" while laughing incredulously. It took a lot of self control for me to not retort with something along the lines of "Bitch, your broke ass works at RadioShack for like 7 dollars an hour, at least I've got a car" Instead I just bought my adaptor and vowed never again to step foot in there unless I really needed some shit from RadioShack. Been back twice since.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, Msample, Ancient_of_MuMu, Dair, Disgustipater, Fallen, Erik Twice

More
08 Jun 2012 11:56 #127633 by SuperflyPete
FYI: My wife's Cadillac has a CD and a cassette deck. My old Chevy Blazer (01) LE had one too.

A lot of the premium cars back between 2001 and 2004 had both, before the digital panels and all that bullshit.

So fuck that RadioSlut. Hard to laugh at brother J with a mouthful of teh cahk. LMAO

More
08 Jun 2012 12:33 #127636 by Sagrilarus
A cattle grate on a Ford Tempo?
The following user(s) said Thank You: lj1983

More
08 Jun 2012 12:55 #127640 by Schweig!
Do you mean dignity for Barnes? Because the only dignity you can confer on that car is serving it a coup de grâce.

More
08 Jun 2012 13:15 #127646 by Bulwyf
I haven't the words...

More
08 Jun 2012 13:49 #127651 by billyz
How much for the car? How much? I pay good price, yes?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erik Twice

More
08 Jun 2012 15:01 #127661 by Disgustipater

jay718 wrote: I bought a cassette adaptor for an ipod at RadioShack a few months back and the girl at the counter was all like "Damn son, your car still got a tape deck?" while laughing incredulously.

I swapped out my CD player with a CD/cassette player that my dad had specifically for this purpose. The adapters work way better than those bullshit FM tuners.

More
08 Jun 2012 15:14 #127663 by The King in Yellow
*flips Barnes a quarter*
"Hit the road!"

More
08 Jun 2012 15:34 #127668 by Black Barney
You think he's got it bad? Try picking up chicks in THIS

More
08 Jun 2012 15:41 #127669 by jay718

Black Barney wrote: You think he's got it bad? Try picking up chicks in THIS

You'd kill it with half the girls in Brooklyn driving that thing. The other half would laugh and throw shit at you.

More
08 Jun 2012 15:45 #127671 by SaMoKo

Disgustipater wrote:

jay718 wrote: I bought a cassette adaptor for an ipod at RadioShack a few months back and the girl at the counter was all like "Damn son, your car still got a tape deck?" while laughing incredulously.

I swapped out my CD player with a CD/cassette player that my dad had specifically for this purpose. The adapters work way better than those bullshit FM tuners.

You guys are lucky your car even has a cassette deck. The FM tuners are absolutely horrible. There are some parts of my commute where my ipod would cut out entirely to be replaced with truck chatter or strange foreign music. A road trip becomes a nightmare of having to readjust the channel every two hours, and some areas are outright dead zones. Newer technology isn't always better.

Thankfully my new car has a USB port right in the stero. Direct connection, voice control, and no bullshit. But for all the bells and whistles, the cassette adapter works just as well at a fraction of the cost.

More
08 Jun 2012 16:23 #127680 by Fallen

Black Barney wrote: You think he's got it bad? Try picking up chicks in THIS

So serving ice cream out of that thing is how you've bagged all those pubescent’s, I was thinking all of those jokes were just that... bad Barney, bad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
08 Jun 2012 16:53 #127682 by Michael Barnes
I'm touched that Repo would start this charity drive in my honor. Now, cut the chit chat and let's donate!

The truth is, the car in question is actually an '02 Mazda Tribute that yes, has a tape deck. It's kind of weird. It's totally factory, probably one of the last tape decks ever made.

On the '07 Nissan Frontier we have, we have one of the newer USB stereos so it's not an issue there. But my wife usually drives it.

The FM transmitters are HORRIBLE. There's no point in 'em. I have one of the top-of-the-line Monster ones and it still sucks.

More
08 Jun 2012 17:10 #127685 by SaMoKo

Michael Barnes wrote: ...'02 Mazda Tribute...'07 Nissan Frontier

Not buying an American Mexican car is a sin against your god and country.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds