October 09, 2023
2455 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2657 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

S'up?!

More
12 Oct 2012 18:20 #135941 by repoman
Replied by repoman on topic Re: S'up?!
Kinda like my own personal Ferris Wheel...I see your point.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2012 19:59 #135955 by Hatchling
Replied by Hatchling on topic Re: S'up?!
If foreskin was cut, was it ever felt?

Boom! Zen

More
12 Oct 2012 20:45 #135959 by Ska_baron
Replied by Ska_baron on topic Re: S'up?!
Potty training the spawn - wheeee!

I can't complain directly though, because it's my wife bearing much of the burden on this front.

And also expecting our 2nd in about 5+ months.

More
12 Oct 2012 20:48 #135960 by Stephen Avery
Replied by Stephen Avery on topic Re: S'up?!
This has been a great thread - Thanks to everyone for the life updates.
For me, my wife and I celebrated our 19th anniversary by taking my youngest daughter to soccer and my oldest ot voice lessons. Gaming has been pretty sparse though the last games day was a complete blast.
My school system has gone psycho nazi on its expectations. They had a whole schoolfull of teachers walk out during a meeting of our new evaluation system.
I have been resisting the siren's call of a mmorg but I can see myself caving soon.
I caught up on the Walking Dead and was surpised how many back country roads I recognized. Al ot of it ws filmed near my parents house.
I just finished the new art on Dart Gun Desperados and about to send a copy to Repos Bros....just in time for the game glut of Essen. Duh. That was poor planning.
Nothing Personal is in Limbo but they seem to be making progress on it.

I'm kinda excited about BGGCon but I wish more F:ATties were going.
Damn I miss summer.

Steve"Too cold for a tanktop"Avery

More
12 Oct 2012 21:32 - 12 Oct 2012 21:33 #135963 by engineer Al
Replied by engineer Al on topic Re: S'up?!

repoman wrote: Al, you've explained that to the Spawn that if she chooses to follow any act like people used to do with the Grateful Dead she will need to give up all pretense of personal hygiene? As well as only being able to eat ramen noodles for months on end?

Yes, I have. Ramen is all she eats anyway.

repoman wrote: Al cheats at Talisman. Just so you are all aware.

Quite right, Jeffery, quite right.
Last edit: 12 Oct 2012 21:33 by engineer Al.

More
12 Oct 2012 21:49 #135965 by jay718
Replied by jay718 on topic Re: S'up?!

ThirstyMan wrote:

repoman wrote: Well, had my foreskin removed soon after I was born as just about every male of my time did and I gotta say...haven't really missed it.

How do you know? As you never had one, you can't miss anything. Might be more fun than you can possibly imagine....

Perhaps his foreskin is to alcohol tolerance as Samson's hair was to his strength...
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThirstyMan

More
12 Oct 2012 22:00 #135968 by Ancient_of_MuMu
Replied by Ancient_of_MuMu on topic Re: S'up?!
A house my wife's parents used to own and we used to live in for 10 years is about to be demolished is being turned into an art project about how houses have lives and histories. We are very supportive of the arts and think its kind of cool. We heard about it because my sister works in an art gallery and is promoting it.

There is one big hiccup to do with the history of the house. 18 months ago there was a plan for my wife's parents to demolish the house and build new town houses for their daughters, but then this plan was scuppered and the house sold. As we thought the house was about to be torn down, we had an afternoon there where we went through and graffitied the house, writing down a lot of our memories (which is what I suspect gave the new owners the idea for the project), and now they will be on public display. Plus because of my sister, the artists want to meet us, and it is all connected back to us. It would be more comforting if we could be anonymous.

If you imagine what it would be like if you found out that a load of your garbage that you thought was going to the dump was on public display in a museum as to what a standard person threw out in a week, and you may comprehend the unease we feel.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fallen

More
12 Oct 2012 23:42 #135969 by SuperflyPete
Replied by SuperflyPete on topic Re: S'up?!

Ancient_of_MuMu wrote: If you imagine what it would be like if you found out that a load of your garbage that you thought was going to the dump was on public display in a museum ...and you may comprehend the unease we feel.

My foreskin is Wednesday's exhibit.

More
13 Oct 2012 15:06 #135979 by ubarose
Replied by ubarose on topic Re: S'up?!
Background: I de-bug mainframe code. My last two bosses used to call my assignments the X-files, because I am assigned the bugs that are really bizarre. My new boss doesn't get the joke.

On Friday I was given an assignment to de-bug a territory code issue. The territory is in Roswell, New Mexico. I was tempted to write up a smart ass reply but restrained myself. I miss my old bosses.

More
13 Oct 2012 19:23 #135985 by ThirstyMan
Replied by ThirstyMan on topic Re: S'up?!
On Thursday evening a camping trip left for the desert with about 20 students. On Friday morning one of the young 16 yr old girls collapsed and stopped breathing. The two members of staff with the students performed mouth to mouth and CPR. She died on the way to hospital. Autopsy was Sat morning but blood work won't be ready until maybe late Sunday.

Girl was fit and well with no history. Hospital speculate a bad reaction to an insect bite but can only speculate until the blood work is finished. Huge shock for all staff. I attended the funeral this afternoon. College will be closed tomorrow as a sign of respect (Sunday is the first day of the working week).

Terrible news.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds