October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Is there anyone else in Minnesota

More
11 Oct 2012 19:49 #135851 by edulis
I asked this about a year ago,when winter comes I like to play games. So is there anyone who is interested in meeting up to play games. Might be some new people since then. I am about 50 miles North of the Cities, but would be willing to meet.

I recently bought Earth Reborn and none of my usual game friends are interested/ avaliable to learn or play. Actually I have a pretty impressive collection of dust gathers right now.

Jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2012 20:49 #135861 by jeb
I think JoelCFC25 is still in Minnesota. I took Thaadd off the map though, she's in cheese country now. Doesn't Shellhead live in MN?

More
11 Oct 2012 21:38 #135864 by wadenels
I'm in MN too; WSW metro area. The wife and I usually game at FFGEC or with another couple we're friends with. We could always use more AT presence at MBGM too.

More
11 Oct 2012 22:51 #135868 by Shellhead
Yep, I'm in the Twin Cities. Finally saw your pm today. Things might get better by spring of 2013, but right now I'm too busy to get much boardgaming done. I'm running a bi-weekly D&D campaign, tutoring my girlfriend in two classes from one of the hardest universities in the state, and doing a fair amount of DIY stuff around the house that I bought last year.

More
12 Oct 2012 12:17 #135902 by edulis
wadenels- that is a lot of abbrevations. What is WSW? I have yet to make it to the fantasy Flight game center, I used to game at the Source a bit when I lived in Minneapolis some years back. Might be worth making the trip if there are other people to game with. What is MBGM?

Shellhead- Let me know when you have more free time. I have three children, so I certainlly understand lack of time. If your interested in joining my group for Junta let me know.

More
12 Oct 2012 13:27 #135905 by wadenels

edulis wrote: wadenels- that is a lot of abbrevations. What is WSW? I have yet to make it to the fantasy Flight game center, I used to game at the Source a bit when I lived in Minneapolis some years back. Might be worth making the trip if there are other people to game with. What is MBGM?

Shellhead- Let me know when you have more free time. I have three children, so I certainlly understand lack of time. If your interested in joining my group for Junta let me know.

WSW is west-southwest ;)

MBGM is the Minneapolis Board Game Marathon/Mania. It's usually in Bloomington and the next one is November 2-4 and 9-11, $10 per weekend. Registration always goes quick and the event fills up fast, so if you want to go then be ready when registration opens or you could end up on the waitlist. http://www.meetup.com/mbgmevents/

MBGM is usually mostly euros, but there have been marathon Talisman and Arkham games going, King of Tokyo, Ikusa, Republic of Rome, and other types of games too. It's a bring-what-you-want-to-play kind of thing. People do organize a bit beforehand using the Minneapolis/St.Paul thread on BGG.

More
12 Oct 2012 14:07 #135910 by edulis
Ha I was trying to figure out the city name. You know WBL= White Bear Lake LL+ Lino Lake, sort of thing. I feel stupid.

The Marathon sounds pretty cool, not sure I could escape the family for a whole weekend, but maybe for a night.

Is there a certain day you frequent the FFGC?

More
12 Oct 2012 14:18 #135912 by Shellhead

edulis wrote: wadenels- that is a lot of abbrevations. What is WSW? I have yet to make it to the fantasy Flight game center, I used to game at the Source a bit when I lived in Minneapolis some years back. Might be worth making the trip if there are other people to game with. What is MBGM?

I live three blocks from the Source. Yeah, I would love to try Junta some time. I picked up a nice West End 3rd edition through Tanga a couple of years back.

More
12 Oct 2012 15:03 #135915 by JoelCFC25
I'm in the inner west suburbs, but my gaming in the last year has dipped dramatically. It's not really baby jail anymore, more like minimum security work release. If I'm lucky I can make it to my group's monthly wargame night every couple months or an occasional impromptu Cosmic/Fury of Dracula/other AT night with a different group of friends. Other than that I'm doing wargaming on VASSAL.

More
12 Oct 2012 16:00 #135924 by 433
I live by Como Park, and I tend to do most of my gaming at the FFG Event Center or at friends' places.

There's a fantastic convention called Omegacon that's in Siren, Wisconsin (1:45 NE of Saint Paul) each November. If you like a more laid-back kind of gaming, it's about 150 people playing board, card, and video games, drinking, swimming, eating...it's a "relaxacon", not specifically a gaming convention, but that's the majority of what myself and others do there.

www.omegacon.net

More
12 Oct 2012 17:54 #135936 by edulis

JoelCFC25 wrote: I'm in the inner west suburbs, but my gaming in the last year has dipped dramatically. It's not really baby jail anymore, more like minimum security work release. If I'm lucky I can make it to my group's monthly wargame night every couple months or an occasional impromptu Cosmic/Fury of Dracula/other AT night with a different group of friends. Other than that I'm doing wargaming on VASSAL.

Joel- How old are your children. I once did some gaming at one of those big indoor parks, while the kids ran around. I have a 9, 4 and 1.5 year old. We only played pandemic a half dozen times, but it worked pretty well.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.319 seconds