October 09, 2023
2443 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2645 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Harry Potter is Made of Wood

More
04 Jan 2013 15:55 #140736 by SuperflyPete
You're the devil, Andy?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2013 15:58 #140737 by Secret Satan

ThirstyMan wrote:

QPCloudy wrote: I also find it both hilarious and ridiculous the some people truly believe that Pokemon are evil demons from hell. Pikachu and Jigglypuff are not the fucking devil.

No obviously the real devil has a pointy tail and a deep and disturbing laugh. Also I think he was born of a jackal or something.

It's all stereotyping. I'm much closer in visage to the portrayal in Constantine. I wear Versace suits (after all, I have him here making them for me), Fidel and I smoke Cuban cigars, and honestly, the only reason they call me "the most unclean" is because I once farted in the presence of God.

QPCloudy, stop pretending. You know me better than most, with all that masturbation and furry fascination. Harry Potter is not of my will, your Hairy Palm is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erik Twice

More
04 Jan 2013 18:05 #140743 by Rafael Silva
It's fiction just like the Bible, get over it.

More
04 Jan 2013 18:19 #140745 by Shellhead
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Gandhi
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
04 Jan 2013 18:31 #140746 by bfkiller
I like your Hogwarts, I do not like your Slytherin. Your Slytherin are so unlike your Hogwarts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The King in Yellow, san il defanso

More
04 Jan 2013 19:00 - 04 Jan 2013 19:02 #140750 by OldHippy

Rafael Silva wrote: It's fiction just like the Bible, get over it.

I know people think this is a smart thing to say. The Bible is not fiction... I'm not saying it's true either but when a nomadic people write down their history the best they can but it's still filled with all kinds of "the fish gets larger the more you tell the story" type situations it's pretty ridiculous to call it fiction. There is a lot of important history in that book. obscured sure, but important none the less. Even on the surface you can learn the broad strokes of what happened in that area at those times. The Bible, as a book, is more complicated then these types of views reveal.

Look, Cloudy, Rowling wants to make Christians uncomfortable, especially conservative American Christians (I read that in an interview once) but what she doesn't understand is that other people have succeeded way more than she ever has. There are far more offensive things to the Christians mindset than some fictional tale about Wizards.

There's nothing wrong with being offended and just turning it off, but there's also no reason to be offended, it's just one woman's opinion and it's not even a new one. Besides, it's an ok little story and the subtext can safely be ignored because it isn't all that important to the story. They're not integrally linked the way they would be if it was a more rigorous work

As for that Gandhi guy... he drank his own piss! Does anyone take that weirdo seriously (also it's not like he had the best Christian education or anything was it??). I know it's especially enlightened of him to make sweeping generalizations like that but we're talking about a Hindu here... like he couldn't shine that flashlight on his own people for a bit? You know, the ones who believe we are all not as good as them because we weren't born in the right body? Christians have their problems, sure... but Hinduism's problems are not just the people who practice it.. the philosophy itself is messed up.
Last edit: 04 Jan 2013 19:02 by OldHippy.

More
04 Jan 2013 19:07 #140752 by SaMoKo

JonJacob wrote: As for that Gandhi guy... he drank his own piss! Does anyone take that weirdo seriously (also it's not like he had the best Christian education or anything was it??). I know it's especially enlightened of him to make sweeping generalizations like that but we're talking about a Hindu here... like he couldn't shine that flashlight on his own people for a bit? You know, the ones who believe we are all not as good as them because we weren't born in the right body? Christians have their problems, sure... but Hinduism's problems are not just the people who practice it.. the philosophy itself is messed up.

Woot!

More
04 Jan 2013 19:11 #140753 by repoman
Second week out and we can see how QP learns from his mistakes. Last time it was a ham fisted lame attempt at generating a Friday Freakout.

This week, he smacks it out of the park.

Well done, Cloudy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellhead

More
04 Jan 2013 19:24 - 04 Jan 2013 19:26 #140755 by OldHippy
I'm just having fun with the Gandhi stuff, take it easy. This isn't supposed to be a Hindu bashing party here. The pee should have been the give away.

I have a reputation around here as someone who stands up against any kind of Christian bashing, doesn't matter if it's Gandhi.
Last edit: 04 Jan 2013 19:26 by OldHippy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Green Lantern

More
04 Jan 2013 19:33 #140758 by Shellhead
Gandhi reportedly was a big fan of The Passion of the Christ. He was impressed with how well Jesus could take a punch.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds