October 09, 2023
2454 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2654 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Sick of iOS gaming?

More
02 Feb 2013 02:22 #142973 by QPCloudy
Sick of iOS gaming? was created by QPCloudy
I dunno. Maybe it is just because I got a job, but I'm just not that anxious to play most of the games on here. I still play ascension and SW, but other than that...... I may as well not even have the iPad anymore.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2013 02:35 - 02 Feb 2013 16:55 #142974 by OldHippy
Replied by OldHippy on topic Re: Sick of iOS gaming?
I totally understand you. I got bored of the games pretty quickly although occasionally one pops up that keeps me entertained for awhile... like Alien Frontiers. Mostly I just use the iPad for Netflix, Garage Band, Notion (awesome notation program), Comixology .... things like that but not really many games.

It is, ultimately, a novelty. Although it is a pretty cool novelty.
Last edit: 02 Feb 2013 16:55 by OldHippy.

More
02 Feb 2013 02:46 #142975 by wadenels
Replied by wadenels on topic Re: Sick of iOS gaming?

JonJacob wrote: I totally understand you. I got bored of the games pretty quickly although occasionally one pops up that keeps me entertained for awhile... like Alien Frontiers. Mostly I just the iPad for Netflix, Garage Band, Notion (awesome notation program), Comixology .... things like that but not really many games.

It is, ultimately, a novelty. Although it is a pretty cool novelty.

I suffered game burnout on my phone playing Androminion (Dominion for Android). I've played it to the point where I have precisely zero interest in Dominion in any form. I still play Ingenious and San Juan a bit but I've played them to the point that if I lose it's mostly bad luck, and that's not very fun.

Got a Nook tablet too, but hardly ever play games on that. Even the consoles have been getting neglected.

I was thinking about getting started with Bard's Tale on my phone (installed it 2 weeks ago) tonight but played two games of DungeonQuest with "beer and a margarita" expansion. I think the right choice was made.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample

More
02 Feb 2013 13:11 - 02 Feb 2013 13:16 #142979 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic Re: Sick of iOS gaming?
I think you can read books on the Nook Tablet too.

A $600 "novelty" that everyone in the press is saying is the most revolutionary device in the history of the world. Dean Kamen reinvents dialysis and makes a wheelchair that climbs stairs, but Jobs gets all the press.

Jobs was a genius. At brand management.

S.
Last edit: 02 Feb 2013 13:16 by Sagrilarus.

More
02 Feb 2013 13:31 #142980 by ThirstyMan
Replied by ThirstyMan on topic Re: Sick of iOS gaming?
Good for watching Netflix in the bath though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: engineer Al

More
02 Feb 2013 14:25 #142983 by wadenels
Replied by wadenels on topic Re: Sick of iOS gaming?

Sagrilarus wrote: I think you can read books on the Nook Tablet too.

I've been known to do that. I also have the Nook app on my phone so in a pinch I can read what I've purchased on my phone. I think the Kindle app works similarly.

Sagrilarus wrote: Jobs was a genius. At brand management.

No doubt.

More
02 Feb 2013 17:59 - 02 Feb 2013 18:00 #142989 by OldHippy
Replied by OldHippy on topic Re: Sick of iOS gaming?

A $600 "novelty" that everyone in the press is saying is the most revolutionary device in the history of the world. Dean Kamen reinvents dialysis and makes a wheelchair that climbs stairs, but Jobs gets all the press.

S.

So Sag, you've made it abundantly clear that you hate iPads (or whichever tablet, who cares it's all the same shit) across several threads ... but you're level of hatred seems awfully high to me. It's just a thing, no worse than a fish finder, atari 2600 or home computer. What's the big deal?
Last edit: 02 Feb 2013 18:00 by OldHippy.

More
02 Feb 2013 18:12 #142990 by TheDukester
Replied by TheDukester on topic Re: Sick of iOS gaming?

n00b wrote: Sick of iOS gaming?

Not a bit, n00b.

I've got a worldwide stable of opponents for multiplayer games, AI ready to play 24/7, perfect rules enforcement, no set-up or tear-down, interesting new titles coming out on practically a weekly basis, and it's all wrapped up in a sleek, ultra-portable chick magnet that easily holds dozens upon dozens of games.

I love iOS gaming — it literally saved gaming for me. I wish I had more hours of the day for it.

More
02 Feb 2013 18:34 - 02 Feb 2013 18:36 #142991 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic Re: Sick of iOS gaming?

JonJacob wrote:

S.

So Sag, you've made it abundantly clear that you hate iPads (or whichever tablet, who cares it's all the same shit) across several threads ... but you're level of hatred seems awfully high to me. It's just a thing, no worse than a fish finder, atari 2600 or home computer. What's the big deal?

I am on a tablet right now, and it has its uses. What bothers me is that it is declared Jesus in Silicon and that my tax dollars should be spent buying one for every kid in my school. They can't afford Kleenex but $500 per on an iPad will improve their writing skills.

Buy them that fish-finder instead. It costs less and will produce a student with patience and contentedness.
Last edit: 02 Feb 2013 18:36 by Sagrilarus.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds