October 09, 2023
2491 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2693 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Valley/Radiant Games -- Up Front Fiasco

More
08 Mar 2013 14:56 #146602 by Bull Nakano

Schweig! wrote:

Juniper wrote: This guy shouldn't be talking publicly about ongoing litigation. My understanding is that there could be legal implications to F:AT if this site were to publish his public statements about the litigation. I assume that's why BGG didn't want him posting there anymore; he was putting them in potential jeopardy. Banning him was reasonable, IMO.

BGG News did however carry a piece where a Radiant Games guy claimed to have nothing to do whatsoever with Valley Games.

That's so shady.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juniper, Rliyen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2013 15:01 #146603 by Ken B.

Schweig! wrote:

Juniper wrote: A reminder: this is your chance to support Little White Dog Games' forthcoming reprint of Wolfgang Kramer's "Boob, Bombe, und Bratwurst." A pledge level of $5000 will get you the following premium:
- my fond thoughts of you while I am in Disneyland with my family

I smell frivolous conduct - German knows no Oxford comma!

Who gives a fuck about an Oxford comma?
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Dair

More
08 Mar 2013 15:11 #146604 by SuperflyPete
I think if there's ever been a reason to question Kickstarter, this is it:

www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-03/05/...ong-il-autobiography
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juniper

More
08 Mar 2013 15:11 #146605 by SuperflyPete
I think if there's ever been a reason to question Kickstarter, this is it:

www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-03/05/...ong-il-autobiography

More
08 Mar 2013 15:22 #146609 by Juniper

Bull Nakano wrote:

Schweig! wrote: BGG News did however carry a piece where a Radiant Games guy claimed to have nothing to do whatsoever with Valley Games.

That's so shady.

I went looking for that piece that Shweig! mentioned. Here is the link, for reference.

boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/14873/stateme...t-gaming-on-up-front

In the comments following the article, several BGGers (rightly, I think) criticize BoardGameNews for running it.

More
08 Mar 2013 15:28 #146613 by Msample

Juniper wrote:

Bull Nakano wrote:

Schweig! wrote: BGG News did however carry a piece where a Radiant Games guy claimed to have nothing to do whatsoever with Valley Games.

That's so shady.

I went looking for that piece that Shweig! mentioned. Here is the link, for reference.

boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/14873/stateme...t-gaming-on-up-front

In the comments following the article, several BGGers (rightly, I think) criticize BoardGameNews for running it.

Given how many years BGG have let Mayday still get away with shit, does this surprise anyone ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, wadenels

More
08 Mar 2013 16:14 - 08 Mar 2013 16:16 #146621 by Gary Sax
BGG=business. That's been trotted out here a million times and it's still true---it doesn't necessarily mean BGG sucks or anything crazy negative about them. They side with their business partners first and foremost. That makes good sense to me, at least. Again, it's just the commonly shared attitude among BGG's users that it isn't a business because they know the name and avatar of the owner which makes any of this in any way confusing. And the fact they accept no strings attached "support!"
Last edit: 08 Mar 2013 16:16 by Gary Sax.

More
08 Mar 2013 18:34 #146643 by Rliyen

Gary Sax wrote: BGG=business. That's been trotted out here a million times and it's still true---it doesn't necessarily mean BGG sucks or anything crazy negative about them. They side with their business partners first and foremost. That makes good sense to me, at least. Again, it's just the commonly shared attitude among BGG's users that it isn't a business because they know the name and avatar of the owner which makes any of this in any way confusing. And the fact they accept no strings attached "support!"

And if they keep this shit up, they're going to end up like Gamespot, less than useless.

More
08 Mar 2013 19:12 - 08 Mar 2013 19:16 #146658 by Dogmatix
@Thrower: Valley's actual reprint of Liberte has been on the shelves for a couple of years. It's quite nice as far as component quality goes (far better than the original, anyway). It's been through the Tanga wringer a couple of times, but I suspect cheap copies are still available in North America. If you find a real cheap copy somewhere but can't get it shipped to the UK for whatever reason, I can do a straw-buyer purchase for you and re-ship it....

Ken B. wrote:

Schweig! wrote:

Juniper wrote: A reminder: this is your chance to support Little White Dog Games' forthcoming reprint of Wolfgang Kramer's "Boob, Bombe, und Bratwurst." A pledge level of $5000 will get you the following premium:
- my fond thoughts of you while I am in Disneyland with my family

I smell frivolous conduct - German knows no Oxford comma!

Who gives a fuck about an Oxford comma?

The Germans are a...precise...sort of people.
Last edit: 08 Mar 2013 19:16 by Dogmatix.

More
08 Mar 2013 19:22 #146659 by Bull Nakano

Gary Sax wrote: BGG=business. That's been trotted out here a million times and it's still true---it doesn't necessarily mean BGG sucks or anything crazy negative about them. They side with their business partners first and foremost. That makes good sense to me, at least. Again, it's just the commonly shared attitude among BGG's users that it isn't a business because they know the name and avatar of the owner which makes any of this in any way confusing. And the fact they accept no strings attached "support!"

It doesn't make sense to me in that they're the biggest name in board gaming, they ought to be the first to call out garbage like this, not post editorials of some crook who at that point had been ruled against in court as having not repayed hundreds of thousands of dollars. It's irresponsible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds