October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2507 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

True Fortress Ameritrash Confessions

More
28 Apr 2014 11:53 #176764 by Gregarius

JonJacob wrote: Nothing in this sphere can be summed up with sound bites and one liners.

After several failed snarky reply attempts, I decided this one-liner stood best on its own.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2014 03:07 - 29 Apr 2014 03:09 #176857 by Aarontu
Grudunza, you're Mormon? I thought I was the only one, here. :)
Too bad we live on opposite coasts.
If you ever go to a con over here on the East coast, we should hang out or something!

More confessions:

I don't drink or party like a lot of FATties seem to.

VGG and F:AT are the gaming sites I frequent the most at this point. BGG sometimes to look up stuff, or to post in the Talisman forums.

I'd love to play more games, but with three little kids and long hours at work, I just don't have that much time to. I probably play more board games with my kids (Dungeon, Thunder Road, Hungry*3 Hippos, etc) than anything else right now.

MonopolyJoe was me.
Last edit: 29 Apr 2014 03:09 by Aarontu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Grudunza

More
29 Apr 2014 12:30 #176882 by SebastianBludd

Aarontu wrote: I'd love to play more games, but with three little kids and long hours at work, I just don't have that much time to. I probably play more board games with my kids (Dungeon, Thunder Road, Hungry*3 Hippos, etc) than anything else right now.

That's pretty much the boat I'm in right now. My game group meets biweekly (and I can't always make it), so that leaves my sons if I want to get any gaming in. My 9 year-old son is finally old enough to really start internalizing rules (he loves King of Tokyo), and I'm trying to ease in my 6 year-old (his current favorites are Thunder Road and Forbidden Bridge).

BTW, I got your Thunder Road cards with backs uploaded on TOS so look for that file to show up soon. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aarontu

More
29 Apr 2014 13:27 #176886 by ChristopherMD
I remember MonopolyJoe.

I forgot my own username on that site.

More
29 Apr 2014 23:11 #176954 by SuperflyPete
thunder road cards?

More
30 Apr 2014 00:11 #176957 by SebastianBludd

SuperflyTNT wrote: thunder road cards?

They're in the files section for Thunder Road on TOS. Aarontu designed some kick-ass variable power cards for each class of car (5 each) that also include the ability for each car to take one hit before being destroyed. He also made cards for a limo, bus, tanker truck, and semi. I liked them so much that I made custom card backs for the Doom Buggy, Eliminator, and Avenger cards he designed.

More
30 Apr 2014 18:29 #177055 by Almalik
I wish I would would quit being a wallflower and meet DrMabuse face to face...across a table with a game of some sort.

I'm kind of a dead weight/lurker on this site, so for some reason I try to click on all the adds to balance it out (?).

I'd like to think I'd post more but am intimidated because everyone else on this site seems to be able to write way more gooder compose their thoughts better than I can. It's actually that their they're just smarter and it's better to remain silent and be thought a fool etc.

I don't want to ever see what Barney and Dabid Dabid actually look like, I want them to be Simmons and Trebek forever.

I thought wkover = walk over.

Bull Nakano is one of the only avatars I did recognize.

I once had to travel down to Birmingham for work/training a few years ago, but didn't arrange anything with any Atlanta FATties (Atlanta is only a couple hours away, yes?).

I worry whenever I notice a regular has stopped posting on this site. My cyber-stalking ability is limited to checking their last login on this site, and then trying to see if they have a BGG account and are still posting over there and are ok (glad to hear Dogmatix is fine).

I don't mind Bendis' dialogue (see the third point above).

I don't think I've ever posted a comment without resorting to using brackets (lots of them!).

It took 8 days and 19 pages of hemming and hawing before I posted this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Dr. Mabuse, wkover, DeletedUser, Black Barney, OldHippy, wadenels

More
30 Apr 2014 22:30 #177089 by OldHippy

Almalik wrote: I wish I would would quit being a wallflower and meet DrMabuse face to face...across a table with a game of some sort.

You know, there are other F:ATies in Vancouver besides just the amazing Doctor right? Some of them give amazing blow jobs too so don't be a stranger.

You do like amazing blow jobs right?

Goddamnit!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Almalik, Dr. Mabuse, Black Barney, stormseeker75, wadenels

More
02 May 2014 11:51 #177279 by Columbob

Almalik wrote: I don't think I've ever posted a comment without resorting to using brackets (lots of them!).

These [] are brackets, these () are parenthesis.

I don't really know what to confess, does anyone want to know anything about this French Canadian (Québécois no less, although I've lived for over 16 years in Ontario)? Never made a secret of that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
02 May 2014 17:09 #177304 by Erik Twice
I don't actually have that many unpopular opinions when it comes to gaming, it seems so at first but when I actually talk about it with people it seems I'm pretty much in line with either the most popular opinion or the second most popular one. In fact, I've realized that my biggest disagreements with the "gaming concensus" tend not to be big ones but stuff like "I give this game an 8 and you give it a 10". (Doom is a great example of this)

I stoped following game journalists and editors on Twitter not because of their opinions but because they were such a pit of negativity I couldn't take it.

Everytime I write something about a game and Black Barney gives me a "Thank you", I feel very humbled.

I don't feel I'm anywhere as knowledgeable about art as the average user here. Hell, I'm confident I'm nowhere as knowledgeable about art as the average user here, I just know about video games and I only seem to know a lot because the bar is set very low.

I feel out of place in boardgame forums because I'm much younger than the average user. In fact, that's the main reaosn I haven't joined a boardgame club, everyone there is married with sons.

I often point out good moves in games I'm not supposed to (Like the best shipments in Steam) because I think that if I can see it everyone else has. I also really like discussing games so I often discuss a game while it's in process and I really shouldn't do that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds