October 09, 2023
2457 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2660 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Fuck caffeine and nicotine

More
21 Jul 2014 18:20 #182655 by Space Ghost
I probably drink a gallon a tea a day. Iced Tea -- not that hot bullshit. Drink it right up until bedtime, sleep my 3 or 4 hours and get ready for the next day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2014 18:21 #182656 by Space Ghost
Steve - you still in Ann Arbor? I'm here this week teaching a course.

More
21 Jul 2014 18:22 #182657 by Josh Look

jeb wrote: I have two alcoholic (recovering many years now) parents, so I have been straightedge without labeling it like that for my whole life.

I have just one, but they were enough for two, plus is runs pretty rampant in the rest of my family (they're from backwoods Maine, so I guess that makes sense). I was straightedge until I was 26, no periods of experimentation anywhere. I finally caved to having a beer every now and then in order to cope, if that makes any sense. It's a hell of alot easier to deal with something you fear that you may be capable of becoming by coming face to face with it than it is to keeping it locked in the closet and saying, "No, no, no, that's not me." I can have one beer and stop there, no problem. I can say no to one just as easy. I feel so much better knowing I don't fall into the trappings of my bloodline, know what I mean? I'm still 100% not interested in anything else.

Good for though, Jeb. If I could have never opened that door, I most certainly would have.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
21 Jul 2014 18:28 #182658 by VonTush
I stopped smoking around Thanksgiving '12 and used the gum until April '13 a month after my son was born. It's been absolutely wonderful ever since. Nicotine is a bitch to quit, but if you have the right mindset and right plan you'll get through the other side and be a better person. I know myself, I can never touch anything again. I once smoked a cigar in that period and I wasn't mentally right for a week.

Coffee though, my son is just starting to sleep through the night so I was just short of mainlining the stuff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
21 Jul 2014 20:24 #182661 by Applejack
I've been on and off coffee for many years, drinking it regularly then not at all for months. I tend to enjoy dessert coffees, sweet flavors, lots of creme, and iced. Tea, I only drink the sweetened iced variety, and not that southern sweet tea shit, I don't like it.

I never got addicted to nicotine. Never got pressured into smoking a cigarette, but have smoked natural tobacco from a hookah. Flavored shisha, like apple or grape. Very nice if you have good quality stuff.

My main drug is weed. I smoke more now than I used to, which was once a month on average. I'm up to once a week, but I don't feel addicted to it, I never feel like I need it although I do enjoy it when I smoke. I never smoke alone though, it's a social drug and best enjoyed with others. I have a hook up for the good medical stuff, very strong but not harsh. I'm looking into buying a nice water bong or a vaporizer.

Alcohol I don't like much. If I do drink, it's specifically to get drunk. I mix pure grain alcohol, like Everclear, with Gatorade, so I'm hydrating at the same time. I'll also mix in Red Bull so although I'm drunk, I'm also wired. Drink lots of water and a few painkillers before bed and generally you'll wake up without a hangover.

More
21 Jul 2014 20:38 #182663 by ChristopherMD
No nicotine for about 18 years and counting.

Caffeine I usually have, but will sometimes go long periods without.

Alcohol I only drink beer, usually one with dinner or a few if socializing/gaming.

I smoke weed whenever I can get it though, which is never as often as I'd like.

More
21 Jul 2014 22:50 #182666 by Msample
Never smoked or drank coffee. Gave up booze about twenty years ago; saves a fair amount of money.

More
22 Jul 2014 04:57 #182671 by ThirstyMan

Applejack wrote: Flavored shisha, like apple or grape. Very nice if you have good quality stuff.

Drink lots of water before bed and generally you'll wake up without a hangover.

I hear this about shisha a lot. It is absolutely the worst thing you can smoke. It might be natural but that doesn't make it healthy. One shisha pipe is about the same as 20 cigarettes. Government here are constantly trying to warn people about this shit but to no avail. It is non filtered but cold (after bubbling through water) so people think that it is somehow 'safer'. It is not.

Lots of water before bed is critical even if you have to force it down. Alcohol is a diuretic so your chances of hydrating during drinking are pretty slim. You'll piss out more than you take in.

More
22 Jul 2014 06:05 #182673 by Applejack

ThirstyMan wrote: I hear this about shisha a lot. It is absolutely the worst thing you can smoke. It might be natural but that doesn't make it healthy. One shisha pipe is about the same as 20 cigarettes. Government here are constantly trying to warn people about this shit but to no avail. It is non filtered but cold (after bubbling through water) so people think that it is somehow 'safer'. It is not.

Did not know that, honestly I thought it was healthier than cigarettes because it's a more natural tobacco. Last time I smoked the hookah was over a year ago. Only smoked from a hookah maybe a dozen times in my life. I doubt I did any permanent damage, but I can see how bad it could be for your health if you do it regularly if what you say is true.

More
22 Jul 2014 09:08 #182678 by stormseeker75
Ah, weed. I will be smoking some of that before my Soundgarden concert on Saturday. I smoke a handful of times per year. It's definitely social.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.385 seconds