October 09, 2023
2294 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2511 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Own up, ungrateful b*tches!!! Satan's been to town

More
24 Dec 2014 10:16 #193292 by SebastianBludd
I received my package yesterday but between hosting my in-laws for dinner tonight and holiday festivities tomorrow I won't be able to get to it for a couple of days.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Dec 2014 09:38 #193476 by 433

Secret Satan wrote: 433, my imps tell me that you have received your package. Post some pics post haste, or risk incurring my wrath even further next year.

Well, I walked into the office this morning and there was a big box.

I'll hope to open it and photograph the evidence tonight.

More
29 Dec 2014 10:06 #193481 by Secret Satan
Satan is a bit sad about the lack of people showing off their gifts. Sad, not angry. You will *know* when I'm angry.

Now we've all made a deal at the start of this, and it didn't even require your soul. All you had to do was send a gift and post here what gifts you have received. My imps have registered the arrival of several packages, meaning their receptants are non-compliant. Should I have a word with Barnsey and blacklist a few people for the future?

In the meantime I'll be poking up the fire...
The following user(s) said Thank You: VonTush

More
29 Dec 2014 17:44 #193527 by SebastianBludd
I just had my last family Christmas yesterday so I should have free time to get a post together this week.

More
29 Dec 2014 19:12 #193533 by Michael Barnes
Satan, I think we may have to start issuing some warnings here. The Yuletide is waning and if these malingerers wait much longer, their posts are going to start looking like those little bits of Christmas wrap and holiday detritus you find around your house in, like, March.

There is no viable excuse for delay. MAY WE SEE YOUR PICTURES, PLEASE????

More
29 Dec 2014 19:35 #193538 by Dr. Mabuse
Wasn't able to participate this year but does that stop Satan? No, he just keeps on giving me the hairy shaft. Although I think this came from Zwarte Piet (all the way from the Netherlands donchaknow).

Thanks again!

The following user(s) said Thank You: jur

More
30 Dec 2014 00:59 - 30 Dec 2014 01:06 #193557 by Brewmiester
I got a note from Satan last week that said he was late in shipping my package but that hopefully it would be worth the wait. This confused me because I had already received one package. But then I wondered if the first package might be a time warp from 2013. And sure enough there was a new one waiting on me when I got home.

When I opened the box it looked like he had used a tarp as packing material

Attachment tarp.jpg not found

but in reality it was a bag from Satan's second favorite store

Attachment ikea.jpg not found

also used as packing was a bag from his favorite store

Attachment apple.jpg not found

Next was this note

on his own stationary straight from his desk at World of Hellcraft. Nice picture Satan.

A couple of games were inside

Attachment mk.jpg not found

Attachment MM.jpg not found

Attachment MMinterior.jpg not found

didn't notice anything sticky but didn't really go feeling for anything either.

Also included

Attachment starcraft.jpg not found

I think these are from StarCraft
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Dec 2014 01:06 by Brewmiester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse, Columbob

More
30 Dec 2014 01:05 - 30 Dec 2014 01:09 #193558 by Brewmiester
also

Attachment adventuretime.jpg not found

Adventure Time!

Attachment talisman.jpg not found

spare Talisman parts

Attachment dragonlance.jpg not found

The Dragonlance book was a nice touch. We had started playing the modules back in college and I had a great time playing Raistlin. Unfortunately we graduated before all the modules came out. Thanks for reminding me Satan!

All in all Old Scratch was right and the package was well worth the wait. We have a game night coming up Saturday and I am going to try to get one or the other of the games on the table.

Except now I have to track down the expansions for M&M and MK :(
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Dec 2014 01:09 by Brewmiester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jur, Dr. Mabuse, Columbob, hotseatgames

More
30 Dec 2014 09:39 #193582 by Disgustipater

VonTush wrote: Upon closer inspection I discovered this was part of a Time Life Series of books! And once again I thought to my childhood and reading through my parents "Normal" Time Life series (in fact I think I still have the space one kicking around somewhere). Satan has pointed me towards the quest of procuring these tomes. Seriously, this thing is pretty darn cool and I'd like the run.

I have them all and I'd like to unload them. Too bad shipping that many books would be outrageously expensive.

More
30 Dec 2014 09:53 #193584 by VonTush
How many Flat Rate boxes do you think it'd take? I seriously am interested.

More
30 Dec 2014 13:05 - 30 Dec 2014 13:13 #193610 by Disgustipater

VonTush wrote: How many Flat Rate boxes do you think it'd take? I seriously am interested.

I'll look into it, but I wont get a chance until next week.

Edit: oh shit, it just occurred to me that I might have already gotten rid of them. I'll check tonight.
Last edit: 30 Dec 2014 13:13 by Disgustipater.

More
30 Dec 2014 13:23 #193614 by Not Sure
Since they're actually books, you should be able to send them at Media Mail rate, which is significantly cheaper than Priority Flat Rate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VonTush

More
30 Dec 2014 15:19 #193619 by metalface13
Damn, Mage Knight and Mice and Mystics? Nice haul!

More
30 Dec 2014 16:00 #193620 by Michael Barnes
Yeah, that is some BULL SHIT right there! Something has got to be wrong with those copies, that is far too nice a gift from Satan...unless there is something we don't know about Brewmeister and Satan...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen

More
30 Dec 2014 16:07 #193621 by SebastianBludd
I got home after work a week ago to see what could only be Satan’s package sitting on my front stoop. I was wary so I did the only sensible thing and had my 2 year-old daughter carry it inside for me. She didn’t break out in festering boils or start speaking in guttural latin so I reasoned that the package recognized a kindred spirit (based on her behavior lately) and spared her. She didn’t know nor care what the package was about, all she knew was that her brothers weren’t home and her father had offered to let her help open a present.

I opened the box to see something like this:

I say “something like” because she started to unload it when I turned away to get a camera so this picture is the reconstruction of what I remember it looking like.

We sifted through the carnage for a few minutes until I had to shut it down after spotting some things that might be damaged by a gift-crazy toddler who was just tossing things out willy-nilly. She left to watch Curious George (after telling me that my games were “beautiful”) and I started sorting.

For the non-game items there was a Santa ornament, a small rubber chicken (the cat likes this), some decorative plastic letters, a pair of girls size 2 shoes (with a lot more wear on the right for some reason), and a yoga tape. I might have taken umbrage with the fact that the yoga tape is for “Weight Loss,” but considering the demographics I belong to I’ll give Satan the benefit of the doubt and file that one under Playing the Odds.

Then there’s the miscellaneous game stuff: some standard Ultra Pro and euro Mayday penny sleeves (these were all loose in the box), 6 Super Dungeon Explore hero expansion boxes, the rulebook for Hordes of the Things, and a 1982 Avalon Hill catalog. The card sleeves are going in my game parts stash and I’ll probably repurpose the SDE hero boxes as cheap deck boxes. HotT looks worth a look and I like leafing through old catalogs. So far Satan’s being pretty good to me.

After a bunch more sorting and counting I realize that Satan dumped in a copy of the 2000 edition of Cosmic Encounter, minus the box:

It’s complete in pretty good shape, and at this point I would have been happy if that was the end of what I got. But no, CE was simply an appetizer for this:

I’ve been wanting a copy of Chill: Black Morn Manor for a while now. I know it’s not as refined as Betrayal but I don’t care. I love the painting on the box and I like the old school charm of the scruffy art on the components. It was the perfect gift for me as it’s a game I’ve been hesitant to pull the trigger on based on how little I’ll likely play it but it’s one I’d just like to own and tinker with sometime. Thanks Satan!

Apparently my SS gifts are on a Star Trek movie schedule where they alternate between great and horrible, so I guess I’d better just go ahead and schedule my hazmat suit rental for next year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Columbob

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.764 seconds