October 09, 2023
2460 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2661 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Are the site administrators still alive?

More
09 Aug 2015 11:03 - 09 Aug 2015 13:27 #208176 by jasonmiceli
Hey all. I have advertised on this site in the past, and recently attempted to do so again. I submitted the campaign and paid via PayPal, but the Advertiser Dashboard still indicated my payment is pending. Any attempt to email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. has resulted in Mail Undeliverable. Anyone know how to contact the site owners now? I have opened a dispute in PayPal so they can help contact the owners, but I'm hoping things can be resolved here without issue.

Thx.
Last edit: 09 Aug 2015 13:27 by jasonmiceli.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2015 11:16 - 09 Aug 2015 11:18 #208177 by ChristopherMD
I don't know anything about the ads, but the site admin is definitely around. I'm sure she'll check into this.
Last edit: 09 Aug 2015 11:18 by ChristopherMD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jasonmiceli

More
09 Aug 2015 13:17 - 09 Aug 2015 13:17 #208181 by southernman

jasonmiceli wrote: Hey all. I have advertised on this site in the past, and recently attempted to do so again. I submitted the campaign and paid via PayPal, but the Advertiser Dashboard still indicated my payment is pending. Any attempt to email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. has resulted in Mail Undeliverable. Anyone know how to contact the site owners now? I have opened a dispute in PayPal in case this cannot be resolved in a timely manner.

Thx.

It's a bit silly opening a Dispute with Paypal BEFORE posting here to find out if there are any problems.
Last edit: 09 Aug 2015 13:17 by southernman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 433

More
09 Aug 2015 13:25 - 09 Aug 2015 13:25 #208182 by jasonmiceli
I paid about 2 weeks ago and have attempted to contact the site admins multiple times. There is no harm in a PayPal dispute - it has not been escalated to a Claim. But there is a time limit to record the dispute... so I needed to get it on record. The other advantage is PayPal is now attempting to contact the owners as well, and they have other means I do not (phone, text, etc.). My biggest concern is that their email addresses on file are responding with Undeliverable reports. I have no intent to make this a bigger deal than necessary - just concerned the funds have been transferred and there is no way to make contact. Hoping this forum may help, at which time I'll gladly close the dispute.
Last edit: 09 Aug 2015 13:25 by jasonmiceli.

More
09 Aug 2015 14:07 #208184 by ubarose
I am very sorry Jason. It is con season and I have been on the road or in hotels with unreliable wifi for the past two weeks. I am typing as fast as possible to not get disconnected. I will be in touch by email ASAP, probably later on this evening if I can get a reliable connection..
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, ChristopherMD, jasonmiceli

More
09 Aug 2015 14:35 #208185 by Sagrilarus
She's at the Host Jason, they have enough trouble providing a roof let alone wifi.

S.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ska_baron, 433, Gary Sax, Msample, Josh Look, jasonmiceli

More
09 Aug 2015 15:11 #208187 by jasonmiceli
Excellent - hope the events are going well for you! Look forward to your email... thx.

More
09 Aug 2015 15:46 #208189 by Ken B.
Jason, just bad timing on Con season. Shellie is literally one of the best around and will fix you up. We are extremely glad to have you on board as an advertiser, and hope you stick around for all the game discussion in our forums. Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, ChristopherMD, Colorcrayons, jasonmiceli

More
09 Aug 2015 15:59 #208190 by jasonmiceli
Indeed - I've been a fan of this site since I found it a couple years ago, and considered it one of the best venues for designers such as myself - far surpassed BGG and others in terms of exposure and campaign success rates!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ken B., jeb

More
09 Aug 2015 21:53 #208209 by jeb

jasonmiceli wrote: Indeed - I've been a fan of this site since I found it a couple years ago, and considered it one of the best venues for designers such as myself - far surpassed BGG and others in terms of exposure and campaign success rates!

This blows my mind out my head's ass. What the fuck is wrong with BGG, holy shit!

More
10 Aug 2015 05:43 #208213 by jasonmiceli

jeb wrote:

jasonmiceli wrote: Indeed - I've been a fan of this site since I found it a couple years ago, and considered it one of the best venues for designers such as myself - far surpassed BGG and others in terms of exposure and campaign success rates!

This blows my mind out my head's ass. What the fuck is wrong with BGG, holy shit!

As an advertising channel, it did not net anywhere near the results other venues did. When you compare dollars spent to the number of impressions and click-throughs, BGG was not worth it at all - most others I've talked to who have paid for BGG advertising have said the same. Unless you're a large design studio with tons of dough, your marketing money is likely better spent elsewhere. Happy to provide actual stats as desired, but in short when you spend over $500 on BGG advertising compared to $10 here, for the same amount of time, the ultimate cost per click (and even impressions, since BGG limits the number of impressions) was simply not worth it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ken B., Ska_baron, 433, jeb, Gary Sax, bfkiller, ChristopherMD, Colorcrayons, Erik Twice

More
14 Aug 2015 08:43 #208501 by jasonmiceli
Shellie - whenever you want to email me we can settle up on the payment. I appreciate the refund, but I'm more than happy to pay for the advertising service! Thanks in advance,

Jason

More
14 Aug 2015 10:11 #208508 by Black Barney
What are you advertising, Jason?

Is it really only ten bucks for a banner ad here? I might just make one that tells Barnes to eat Dick or something
The following user(s) said Thank You: 433

More
14 Aug 2015 10:22 #208509 by jasonmiceli

Black Barney wrote: What are you advertising, Jason?

Is it really only ten bucks for a banner ad here? I might just make one that tells Barnes to eat Dick or something

LOL. While I cannot guarantee that proposed ad would be approved, yes it's very inexpensive to advertise here. And they have a good Advertiser dashboard system in place to make it easy. They charge $10 for a full month ad for a Kickstarter campaign, or $30 for a full month normal. I ran a Kickstarter campaign for Mars vs. Earth about 9 months ago and the banner ad was great for that. Now we have launched the full product (successful campaign!), so once again we're taking advantage of the visibility here.

The staff has been great to work with as well, aside from the fact that at the moment it seems none of their email addresses are active.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, ChristopherMD, Black Barney

More
14 Aug 2015 11:53 #208526 by Ken B.
I'll be honest, Jason--in the eight+ years I've been a staff member here, I have never used my Fortress email. In fact, I am not even sure how to check it anymore. I'd update my email address to something I do check, but I'm embarrassed to admit I'm not really sure how.

I think the best way to reach us is by PM on the Fort.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 433, ChristopherMD

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds