October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2510 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

The Fort is Awesome

More
20 Oct 2015 20:37 #212932 by Gary Sax
The Fort is Awesome was created by Gary Sax
Just wanted to poke my head out and say that the article contributions have been especially awesome in the last month or so. There's tons of great stuff, often on unusual games.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2015 22:00 #212933 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic The Fort is Awesome
Thanks! What you are seeing are the effects of changing the site over to Gaming by Michael in the wake of the historic MB10K event a couple of months ago as well as the residual excitement of the release of Loopin' Chewie. Everyone has been galvanized and energized by this exciting new era in the site's history.

Which reminds me...we still haven't changed the logos, URL and title of the site to Gaming by Michael yet...can somebody get on that, please?

More
20 Oct 2015 22:50 #212939 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic The Fort is Awesome

Gary Sax wrote: Just wanted to poke my head out and say that the article contributions have been especially awesome in the last month or so. There's tons of great stuff, often on unusual games.

I agree. We're seeing contributions from a lot of new people, and it's really lifting the place.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, Frohike, stoic

More
21 Oct 2015 00:44 #212942 by Frohike
Replied by Frohike on topic The Fort is Awesome
I've gotta say, I get a kick out of seeing this content early. Lots of excellent write-ups, and... *checks email* apparently more coming. Nice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD

More
21 Oct 2015 04:34 #212944 by KingPut
Replied by KingPut on topic The Fort is Awesome
I agree with Sax but I'd also love to have a weekly feature called "Repoman caught Larping". That would really put the F:at over the top and something BGG would never have. I can just imagine having photos of Repoman doing different Latping things like fighting Larping Orcs, rescuing Larping princesses or getting stuck in a gelatinous cube. We can even have a Repoman Larping Trash-dome and at the end of the year Barnes or somebody could do a Repo Larping of year count down. Even better Matt Lotter and Joss Look could Kickstart a Repoman Larping podcast. Also, Stronghold games could do a game with 100+ Repoman Larping minis and I'd love to have a the rights to put out Loop'n Larping Repo or Repoman Coconuts. Players would have to defend against Loop'n Larping Repoman who would fly around knocking out evil dragons or Repoman could fling poo ball into cups. That would be great.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Jason Lutes, Chapel, ThirstyMan, Frohike, repoman, engineer Al

More
21 Oct 2015 13:11 - 21 Oct 2015 13:12 #212983 by Chapel
Replied by Chapel on topic The Fort is Awesome
I should write an article. Maybe something from BGG.CON. Any games people been wanting to hear about but haven't had access too? One thing cool about Scott on the other site, he does buy EVERYTHING from KS, and I'm sure I can get almost anything played while I'm there. There has to be something Barnes hasn't got his grubby hands on yet.
Last edit: 21 Oct 2015 13:12 by Chapel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Dr. Mabuse, Cranberries, SuperflyPete, Frohike

More
21 Oct 2015 15:13 #213009 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic The Fort is Awesome
Plenty of stuff on your AH shelf I'd like to hear about.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Chapel, Msample, wadenels

More
21 Oct 2015 23:58 #213051 by Cranberries
Replied by Cranberries on topic The Fort is Awesome

Chapel wrote: I should write an article. Maybe something from BGG.CON. Any games people been wanting to hear about but haven't had access too? One thing cool about Scott on the other site, he does buy EVERYTHING from KS, and I'm sure I can get almost anything played while I'm there. There has to be something Barnes hasn't got his grubby hands on yet.

I'd like to read your take on A Study in Emerald.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete, Frohike

More
22 Oct 2015 12:12 #213073 by OldHippy
Replied by OldHippy on topic The Fort is Awesome

Michael Barnes wrote: Thanks! What you are seeing are the effects of changing the site over to Gaming by Michael in the wake of the historic MB10K event a couple of months ago as well as the residual excitement of the release of Loopin' Chewie. Everyone has been galvanized and energized by this exciting new era in the site's history.

Which reminds me...we still haven't changed the logos, URL and title of the site to Gaming by Michael yet...can somebody get on that, please?

In all seriousness though I do think it's because of you. What happened, in my estimation, was that when you started posting your reviews on mini's market some people got all pissy that you and some others wouldn't be producing exclusive content for F:AT in quite the same way anymore. So the other members upped their game and tried to write some things out. It was a good push and a show that there are plenty of talented people here to fill in the void if need be. We still get the content that you guys cross post and now we get extra articles too. That's kind of awesome.

Other than that, yeah, the Fort does rock. Other than the obvious consumerist hole that hobby sites like this send you into the folks are pretty damned cool and I don't think I'd be on line much at all if it wasn't for this place.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse, Frohike

More
22 Oct 2015 12:38 #213076 by SuperflyPete
Replied by SuperflyPete on topic The Fort is Awesome
So, in other words, Mike's blatant shillery showed the rest of us that we need to step up and earn our keep. :)

More
22 Oct 2015 12:51 #213078 by ChristopherMD
Replied by ChristopherMD on topic The Fort is Awesome
I thought Weeks thread about the site dying led to people wanting to contribute more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Dr. Mabuse, SuperflyPete, Frohike

More
22 Oct 2015 13:05 #213079 by SuperflyPete
Replied by SuperflyPete on topic The Fort is Awesome
Like Rahm Emmanual's "Don't let a crisis go to waste", Barnes' mantra is "Don't let a Weeks troll go to waste" ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
22 Oct 2015 16:14 #213098 by SebastianBludd
Replied by SebastianBludd on topic The Fort is Awesome

Mad Dog wrote: I thought Weeks thread about the site dying led to people wanting to contribute more.

And I believe that one of the things that precipitated his thread was THE GREAT POLISH SPAMBOT APOCALYPSE OF 2015, along with a lack of active or engaged moderators.

More
22 Oct 2015 17:26 #213110 by san il defanso
Replied by san il defanso on topic The Fort is Awesome
I know I don't post for long stretches of time, but it's always nice to come back here and poke around. It's a little like visiting friends I haven't seen in ages. No other site does stuff like that, so yes. The Fort is awesome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, Black Barney, Frohike

More
22 Oct 2015 18:57 #213123 by wadenels
Replied by wadenels on topic The Fort is Awesome
I'm super pumped that Tom Anders and Nate Hayden both dropped by to post this week. That's the kind of thing you might bullshit about but don't truly expect to happen. I haven't been at F:AT for as long as a lot of you but Anders and Hayden is the high water mark for me.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.739 seconds