October 09, 2023
2452 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2654 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

It's a slow day people, get talking.

More
05 Dec 2015 07:42 #216657 by repoman
You poor fools lost in a sea of ignorance.

Mayo is the king of condiments. End of story.

Miracle Whip is mayo's punk rock younger brother. All up in your grill and what not.

Ketchup? Who the hell can profess a disdain for Ketchup? A Commie, that's who! I always suspected Shellie as an operative agitating for the people's revolution. This confirms it.

Blue Cheese dressing is God's gift to hot wings.

Siracha sauce is the new up and comer. Is there anything it can't make better? Retorical question. The answer is no.

As I don't ride a horse, I have no opinion regarding Ranch Dressing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grudunza, Msample, OldHippy, SuperflyPete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2015 11:00 #216669 by SuperflyPete

Grudunza wrote:

Gary Sax wrote: Back in Sept./Oct. I was out east for three weeks and bouncing between NY, NJ, MD, CT, PA and OH.

If you were in Cincinnati and didn't have me out to a show, you have failed me! ;)

More
05 Dec 2015 11:02 #216670 by SuperflyPete

repoman wrote: You poor fools lost in a sea of ignorance.

Mayo is the king of condiments. End of story.

Miracle Whip is mayo's punk rock younger brother. All up in your grill and what not.

Ketchup? Who the hell can profess a disdain for Ketchup? A Commie, that's who! I always suspected Shellie as an operative agitating for the people's revolution. This confirms it.

Blue Cheese dressing is God's gift to hot wings.

Siracha sauce is the new up and comer. Is there anything it can't make better? Retorical question. The answer is no.

As I don't ride a horse, I have no opinion regarding Ranch Dressing.

This is the best post, ever written, on any website, ever. EVER.

More
05 Dec 2015 11:36 - 05 Dec 2015 11:37 #216673 by Grudunza

SuperflyTNT wrote:

Grudunza wrote: Back in Sept./Oct. I was out east for three weeks and bouncing between NY, NJ, MD, CT, PA and OH.

If you were in Cincinnati and didn't have me out to a show, you have failed me! ;)

Sorry Pete. I did a show near Columbus. I've only actually been to Cincy once, when I was a kid and my Dad and I went to see my hero, Johnny Bench, and the Big Red Machine (who weren't nearly as "big" anymore by that point).
Last edit: 05 Dec 2015 11:37 by Grudunza.

More
05 Dec 2015 12:25 #216676 by ubarose
Just found out that my MIL and BIL are also coming to visit. It's Chanukah plus the show which is why everyone is coming to visit.

It really kind of hacks me off that schools and the State of CT have absolutely no regard for the Jewish Holidays. I'm taking two classes at two different state schools and both scheduled their final exams during Chanukah. The Spawn's school has tech week and opening for the winter show the week of Chanukah. And my first day of work with state employee orientation is the last Friday of Chanukah. I'm trying to get as much studying done as I can today, but it all kind of blows.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OldHippy

More
05 Dec 2015 21:30 #216697 by SuperflyPete
Yeah, I had a hard time getting off for National Steak and Blowjob day, too. The government has no damned respect. ;)

More
06 Dec 2015 10:43 #216726 by Black Barney
Yeah Jewish, Muslim and other religious holidays aren't national holidays. My BIL teaches at a Jewish school so that this doesn't happen to him

More
06 Dec 2015 10:59 - 06 Dec 2015 11:00 #216728 by Gary Sax

ubarose wrote: Just found out that my MIL and BIL are also coming to visit. It's Chanukah plus the show which is why everyone is coming to visit.

It really kind of hacks me off that schools and the State of CT have absolutely no regard for the Jewish Holidays. I'm taking two classes at two different state schools and both scheduled their final exams during Chanukah. The Spawn's school has tech week and opening for the winter show the week of Chanukah. And my first day of work with state employee orientation is the last Friday of Chanukah. I'm trying to get as much studying done as I can today, but it all kind of blows.

I don't know what local laws are, but here in Texas there is super strong protection for religious holidays if someone comes in to talk to us about it, you automatically get a test reschedule, assignment date changes, etc with no leeway on us. The student does have to initiate it, though.

On a brighter note from my last post, I got my christmas present to myself/everyone helped me get, a very expensive automatic espresso machine. I'm enjoying some very good coffee right now, on my 3rd cup, and I didn't have to do shit.
Last edit: 06 Dec 2015 11:00 by Gary Sax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse

More
06 Dec 2015 11:10 #216729 by Cranberries
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
06 Dec 2015 11:34 #216732 by Gary Sax
Drip? Do I look like a proletarian?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse

More
06 Dec 2015 11:52 #216735 by hotseatgames

SuperflyTNT wrote: Yeah, I had a hard time getting off for National Steak and Blowjob day, too.

Moustache throwing you off?
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
06 Dec 2015 12:11 #216736 by jeb
The school system here in Agoura is amazing and Israelis have flooded this area. It'd be crazy to have school on Rosh Hashanah or Yom Kippur, as half the school would be absent, so they don't even bother. They also schedule spring break during Passover. It's pretty sweet. Sukkot and Shavuout still get no respect, but that's mostly because of Jews. Chanukah is largely treated as business as usual though. In the holiday spectrum, it's not that huge a deal. Around here Lag b'Omer is a bigger to-do.

My MIL is bringing her deep fryer over. Going to be some doughnuts all up in this motherfucker.

More
06 Dec 2015 12:53 #216740 by ubarose

jeb wrote: The school system here in Agoura is amazing and Israelis have flooded this area. It'd be crazy to have school on Rosh Hashanah or Yom Kippur, as half the school would be absent, so they don't even bother. They also schedule spring break during Passover. It's pretty sweet. Sukkot and Shavuout still get no respect, but that's mostly because of Jews. Chanukah is largely treated as business as usual though. In the holiday spectrum, it's not that huge a deal. Around here Lag b'Omer is a bigger to-do.

I'm jealous.

I could deal with business as usual. However, it's business as usual plus two exams, a test, and being at theatre until 8 - 10pm every night Monday - Friday. Every year I go to the powers that be at the school and suggest that they look at a calendar before they schedule important events and exams, and try to avoid the Holidays, or at least not get pissy about it when we ask that the Spawn be excused. Every year they make polite noises, but then they do it again the next year. This year there were also tests scheduled on Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. Two years ago there was hell to pay because Spawn missed one evening of an after school activity to do Passover with the family. This year I just kind of gave up. I just couldn't deal with getting that reaction like we were somehow being irresponsible and difficult and our priorities were all wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
06 Dec 2015 18:30 #216758 by dysjunct
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
07 Dec 2015 09:10 #216777 by Msample
If they want to give schools days off for Chanukah, its gonna have to come from somewhere else one the schedule IMO. Already the school year is way longer than I remember it being. I never started before Labor Day and was always out by mid June - and yes, this was in New England with snow days built in. I don't remember having both a Winter Break AND a Spring break two months later. Nor all these in season teacher workshops. Both as a result mean I see a lot of districts start school in August ( insane ) and go to the last week in June.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.318 seconds