October 09, 2023
2494 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2697 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

What are you supposed to be doing right now at work?

More
20 Jan 2016 10:33 #220329 by Hadik
I am listening to a webinar on giving performance reviews.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2016 10:40 #220330 by Cranberries

Dan Lamb wrote: I am listening to a webinar on giving performance reviews.

Corporate training is the worse. I have to watch 145 slides on sexual harassment.

More
20 Jan 2016 14:44 #220346 by ThirstyMan
Preparing questions for a live video link with Virgin Galactic staff and pilots.

More
20 Jan 2016 14:50 #220347 by the_jake_1973
Scheduling a work trip to Springfield, MO in a few weeks to meet with execs on one of my accounts. Also working with the developers on the Forecasting module revamp for our software.

More
21 Jan 2016 09:10 #220393 by Legomancer
I'm finally getting traction on the modified PS Renewal report for Brad. We met about this back in November and the notes I took were impenetrable, even to me. But I think I've deciphered them and am getting what he wants. I came up with a clever way (if I say so myself) of displaying the previous PS status. Problem will be adding this info to the current report, as it's going to triple the number of categories a renewal can fall into (B2B/B2C, Eventual vs Immediate, and now Plus->PS/PS->Plus/No Change/First -- shit, that's quadruple, not triple) so he and I have to meet on that.

I also became a big hero on Monday by knowing about linux's cron command unlike, apparently, everyone in sysadmin, which will enable us to do something they were saying was impossible. Actually, they're not stupid, just lazy and worthless and didn't feel like doing it so they said it couldn't be done. I hate dealing with that bunch.

And finally, Oracle kicked a ticket to us, saying it was a Data Warehouse issue, when ten minutes of research showed the problem was caused by an erroneous customer merge on the Oracle side. Do your own fucking work, Oracle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, Frohike

More
21 Jan 2016 22:21 #220461 by Shellhead
I'm not at work right now, but I promised myself that I would read up on internal controls tonight. I have spent most of the first two weeks at my new job setting up the accounting for a recent acquisition, so tomorrow will be my first day learning the accounting software used by the core business. The training will be lengthy because I will need to back up every accounting function. Since I will be supervising the controller, I ought to be assessing the internal controls while I learn their system. It appears that the controller is doing a solid job, but she is taking too long to close the books each month.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
22 Jan 2016 11:32 #220606 by SuperFlySwatter
saving lives (tick) and supposedly trolling craniac (tick?) and imagining black Barney in lingerie
multi fucking talented.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, Black Barney

More
22 Jan 2016 12:49 #220614 by engineer Al
Writing psychological reports. On a Friday afternoon. Can't. . .seem. . .to. . .focus. . .

More
22 Jan 2016 13:12 #220615 by Frohike

Legomancer wrote: I also became a big hero on Monday by knowing about linux's cron command unlike, apparently, everyone in sysadmin, which will enable us to do something they were saying was impossible. Actually, they're not stupid, just lazy and worthless and didn't feel like doing it so they said it couldn't be done. I hate dealing with that bunch.

And finally, Oracle kicked a ticket to us, saying it was a Data Warehouse issue, when ten minutes of research showed the problem was caused by an erroneous customer merge on the Oracle side. Do your own fucking work, Oracle.

Not at all surprised about the Oracle ping pong. They're shitbags.

But linux sysadmins not knowing cron? Who are these guys?

More
22 Jan 2016 13:43 #220617 by Legomancer

Frohike wrote:

Legomancer wrote: I also became a big hero on Monday by knowing about linux's cron command unlike, apparently, everyone in sysadmin, which will enable us to do something they were saying was impossible. Actually, they're not stupid, just lazy and worthless and didn't feel like doing it so they said it couldn't be done. I hate dealing with that bunch.

Not at all surprised about the Oracle ping pong. They're shitbags.

But linux sysadmins not knowing cron? Who are these guys?

Also shitbags.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
22 Jan 2016 14:30 #220623 by Sagrilarus
I was sent home due to weather. It was snowing a flake half an hour ago, coming down in buckets now. Came on super-fast and I'd wager some people are getting caught off-guard, figuring they'd have an hour to head home once they saw it start.

More
22 Jan 2016 14:46 #220624 by Cranberries
I left my office door open and fell asleep in my chair with the headphones on. The office admin called because someone thought I was dead, but mostly to mock me.

Space Hulk 2009 edition showed up. It weights eight pounds without the miniatures.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
23 Jan 2016 10:44 #220664 by jay718
Shoveling the sidewalks in front of the bars...

More
23 Jan 2016 11:02 #220665 by SuperflyPete
Writing a VBA app for Excel because the owners have never paid anyone commission, so their order entry/accounting system doesn't calculate it, or even have a field for "salesman". And, of course, the douchenozzle who created their system has data in hex (who the fuck uses HEX anymore) so I can't just pull data from the database, it has to be manually entered at the time of PO.

FUUUCK.

I'm a commodoties purchasing manager, not a damned programmer anymore. THIS is why I chose sales over IT.

More
23 Jan 2016 12:23 #220669 by ubarose
The Fort is blocked at my new job. Pretty much the entire internet is blocked except for Amazon, which is dangerous to my pocketbook.

I've just been uploading data to some new tables in a database and coding some pages to access that data. I spent most of last week just waiting to get the data, which means that I bought a new beer fridge for the game room, four shirts, a book and 48 lightbulbs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, Cranberries

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds