October 09, 2023
2454 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2657 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Help me with my game

More
27 Jun 2016 05:29 #229394 by mads b.
Help me with my game was created by mads b.
Be warned, this is a shameless shill and me asking for a bit of help. As you might know I have a game on Kickstarter right now. It's one of those Cthulhu games, but not only do you play as the bad guys, I also have Richard Launius co-designing it, so I believe we have a pretty good thing going. However, not having shiny miniatures or a huge PR budget, we've kinda hit the mid-campaign slump. I have the feeling that we don't get out there enough, and that is where you guys (m/f) can help. (And yes, I will of course also buy a banner add here on the fort - I just need to make the damn banner and my graphic skills are being tested at the moment).

So, if you want you can take a look and maybe mention it to your friends - that would be a huge help. Or you can just ignore this post and rest assured that I'm not going to shill it again. At least not until it hit the stores - I might brag a bit there as well. But it really has become a good game and we have EU-friendly shipping and everything.

Linky: www.kickstarter.com/projects/532062403/madness-at-midnight
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2016 10:59 #229408 by SuperflyPete
Replied by SuperflyPete on topic Help me with my game
face booked and tweeted
The following user(s) said Thank You: mads b.

More
27 Jun 2016 12:44 #229418 by hotseatgames
Replied by hotseatgames on topic Help me with my game
I wouldn't worry too much; mid-campaign slump is normal, even for hugely successful kickstarters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mads b.

More
27 Jun 2016 12:57 #229419 by mads b.
Replied by mads b. on topic Help me with my game
I'm not really worried - after all we are funded. But we had a great start and I would love to see it gain momentum again. I have several ideas for new content that I'd like to work on as soon as possible :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
27 Jun 2016 15:45 #229428 by SuperflyPete
Replied by SuperflyPete on topic Help me with my game
I love the idea of your game, and without playing it I can say that I saw one thing as a red flag for my own purchase of it: the static locations.

I get that they change powers based on the moon phase, but the cards are always the same, so even though they flip, after 4-5 games it will always be the same two things you can do, depending on the moon, no? I would have liked to see card locations where the locations change every time you set it up, and then the moon phase thing on top of that. That way, you may never have a Miskatonic U at all one game, so you never know what you'll do.

Just my 2c and I am admittedly uninformed.

More
27 Jun 2016 16:34 - 27 Jun 2016 16:35 #229430 by southernman
Replied by southernman on topic Help me with my game
Do you still get the tokens as well as the stretch meeples (I hate meeples to pieces) ? Honestly, unless the art is worse in real life I think I'd prefer the tokens.
Last edit: 27 Jun 2016 16:35 by southernman.

More
27 Jun 2016 17:12 #229431 by mads b.
Replied by mads b. on topic Help me with my game
The plan right now is meeples which are much, much better than tokens. Even with the prototype sculpts (which are the one shown) it just looks great and gives it a different feel from other games. However, what we're hoping to do is to have the artwork printed directly on the meeples. But at the same time you're not the first to say this which has been kind of surprising. Especially since the tokens were litterally only created for the campaign - during tests we've used cubes, meeples, or standees.

I get what you're saying about the locations, Pete. What I think we can do in the future is to have different versions of the locations. So instead of the current Miskatonic U. that focuses on spells, you might have one that is more about exploration and expeditions, for instance. You can then choose or draw randomly. But just as it is the game is pretty different every time you play because board position, available plots, and the different upgrades people choose in each game.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds