October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2509 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Paying it Forward: The Thread

More
29 Aug 2016 12:39 #232980 by SebastianBludd
I have some miscellaneous 2nd Ed. Warhammer Fantasy minis that I could part with. They're leftovers from a large lot I bought and resold that I got from Craigslist a few years ago. I'll update with some pictures when I get a chance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2016 13:15 #232982 by Mr. White
Well, since we're now doing requests...

Anyone got any extra 40K scatter dice just hanging around in the bottom of their dice bags?

More
29 Aug 2016 13:56 #232984 by metalface13

SuperflyTNT wrote:

metalface13 wrote: Just in case anyone else is wonder, I'm currently accepting any and all old school Warhammer/40k/Necromunda/Gorkamorka/Blood Bowl/Heroquest/Space Crusade/etc etc minis :)

How about the Dragon Strike miniatures?

haha! Sure, dude! I'm looking for all kinds of stuff to practice painting on before I tackle my Blood Bowl teams (no pun intended, but now that I realize I made the pun I fully intend it)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
29 Aug 2016 13:57 #232985 by metalface13

SebastianBludd wrote: I have some miscellaneous 2nd Ed. Warhammer Fantasy minis that I could part with. They're leftovers from a large lot I bought and resold that I got from Craigslist a few years ago. I'll update with some pictures when I get a chance.

2nd edition does that mean before slot bases?

More
29 Aug 2016 14:15 #232986 by SuperflyPete

metalface13 wrote:

SuperflyTNT wrote:

metalface13 wrote: Just in case anyone else is wonder, I'm currently accepting any and all old school Warhammer/40k/Necromunda/Gorkamorka/Blood Bowl/Heroquest/Space Crusade/etc etc minis :)

haha! Sure, dude! I'm looking for all kinds of stuff to practice painting on before I tackle my Blood Bowl teams (no pun intended, but now that I realize I made the pun I fully intend it)

Well shit, if you're just looking for stuff to practice on, I have a 5 gallon pail about half full with metal miniatures. Granted, they've been sitting in acetone for two years or so, but I can always fish out a handful and send them to you once I've rinsed/dried them. They were from a bunch of lots I got relatively cheap way back in the day (I figure there's 10 pounds of them, so I could probably get 50$ for the recycling value!) in various states of painting. I tried paint stripper first, then rinsed off most of it. But I didn't feel like sanding them or something, so I dunked them in acetone.

LMK if you want a handful

More
29 Aug 2016 14:31 #232988 by SebastianBludd

Mr. White wrote: Anyone got any extra 40K scatter dice just hanging around in the bottom of their dice bags?

I might have some of those, too, if I didn't throw them out or Secret Satan them. I'll check.

@Metalface. No, they all have slot bases and take any of my assessments/descriptions with a grain of salt as I've never played but only resold. :P

More
29 Aug 2016 14:48 #232990 by metalface13

SuperflyTNT wrote:

metalface13 wrote:

SuperflyTNT wrote:

Well shit, if you're just looking for stuff to practice on, I have a 5 gallon pail about half full with metal miniatures. Granted, they've been sitting in acetone for two years or so, but I can always fish out a handful and send them to you once I've rinsed/dried them. They were from a bunch of lots I got relatively cheap way back in the day (I figure there's 10 pounds of them, so I could probably get 50$ for the recycling value!) in various states of painting. I tried paint stripper first, then rinsed off most of it. But I didn't feel like sanding them or something, so I dunked them in acetone.

LMK if you want a handful

Sure man, I'll take some. I've got some stuff that's pretty good at stripping paint, I forget what it's called but if you're interested I could look it up when I get home.

More
29 Aug 2016 14:48 #232991 by metalface13

SebastianBludd wrote:

Mr. White wrote: Anyone got any extra 40K scatter dice just hanging around in the bottom of their dice bags?

I might have some of those, too, if I didn't throw them out or Secret Satan them. I'll check.

@Metalface. No, they all have slot bases and take any of my assessments/descriptions with a grain of salt as I've never played but only resold. :P

Good I have not interest in the pre-slotta era as it's called. Though it's popular enough for collectors.

More
29 Aug 2016 17:36 #233001 by Josh Look
Hey, everyone, I was away last week and have seen your requests. I'll get these out soon.

More
29 Aug 2016 19:35 #233009 by Michael Barnes
If Casey already got the Eldar it ain't no thing...

I am in the market for any PLASTICS that anyone has they don't want...no metals. I would like some random miniatures for the kids to paint on so they will quit asking to paint our SMs and Orks.

More
29 Aug 2016 19:42 - 29 Aug 2016 19:43 #233011 by Sevej
Replied by Sevej on topic Paying it Forward: The Thread

Michael Barnes wrote: If Casey already got the Eldar it ain't no thing...

I am in the market for any PLASTICS that anyone has they don't want...no metals. I would like some random miniatures for the kids to paint on so they will quit asking to paint our SMs and Orks.

I have 4 GW plastic rulers in my mom's house basement. Could double as self defense tool. These things are painful, guaranteed!
Last edit: 29 Aug 2016 19:43 by Sevej.

More
29 Aug 2016 22:39 #233024 by SebastianBludd
I no longer have any scatter dice, but I found a couple of other things people might be interested in.

First, I have the following minis: 4 metal Daemon Spawn (1 primed and completely unassembled, 3 painted and based in various states of assembly), 1 Greater Demon of Khorne (painted and based, whip hand has detached since pic was taken), 4 skeleton cavalry (painted, plastic), 2 Bretonnian Knights (painted, plastic), 1 metal bird thing (bare metal, integral base, 2 unattached wings), some misc. WH40K Epic minis and parts, and two WH Chaos Knights Regiments (both new in the box, one still in shrink). The Chaos Knights are reserved for someone who plans to play WH with them; if they're to be painting practice minis then I'll be the one to butcher them, as I'm a neophyte painter myself.

Here's a Dropbox link to the pics: www.dropbox.com/sh/w09gp2z2i5ho4hz/AACdt...tcIJbb2hC-9v8fa?dl=0

One of the new things I found tonight is a set of the thicker player boards for Cthulhu Wars, still sealed in shrink (I have a set coming from the Onslaught KS, rendering these redundant). I don't believe these have the errata printed on them for King In Yellow, Black Goat, etc.

The other thing I found is a nearly complete set of tiles for Advanced Heroquest. This includes all the room tiles and all but one corridor tile (missing one corner junction). For the room hazard tokens only the Floor Grate token is missing, and two of the four map tiles are missing (I have The Plague Temple and The Magic Maze map tiles but not the other two).

More
29 Aug 2016 22:56 - 29 Aug 2016 23:03 #233025 by Mr. White
How did you end up with just a collection of AHQ tiles?
Last edit: 29 Aug 2016 23:03 by Mr. White.

More
29 Aug 2016 23:20 #233027 by SebastianBludd
Several years ago I traded some stuff on BGG for a copy of GW Dungeonquest and Heroquest. The HQ lot included the base game, Kellar's Keep, Return of the Witch Lord; parts of the Barbarian Quest, Elf Quest, Wizards of Morcar and Against the Ogre Horde expansions (I sold HQ, KK and RotWL on eBay and sold most of the expansion bits to Dogmatix), a full set of Warhammer Quest map tiles, and the AHQ tiles. My trading partner mentioned none of that extra stuff so it was quite a surprise once I finished inventorying all of it.

More
30 Aug 2016 10:23 #233058 by metalface13
What do you think Jeff, would that chaos spawn work as a Beast of Nurgle for Blood Bowl? Might work for a chaos cult in Mordheim. I like that cockatrice bird thing.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.453 seconds