October 09, 2023
2458 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2661 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Welcome to one of the oldest board game communities on the Internet. That may sound like hyperbole but it really is true.

We are really happy to have you here. Unfortunately, being online we can't bond with you over a game so you'd know right away how happy we are to meet you. For now, you'll just have to take our word for it.

This site has always thrived on lively discussion and spirited but civil debate. We hope that newcomers here will find a welcoming atmosphere where game enthusiasts of all levels of experience and commitment will have something to add to the conversation. You never need to prove your “gamer cred” here. Whether you have been playing board games for a few months or a few decades; whether you have a huge collection or a small one; whether you have been a member here for years or just joined today – your opinion is valued here.

We know that it can be intimidating to jump into a new community and want to assure you that this is NOT the kind of forum where people will tell you that you posted something in the wrong place, or that you should have found an existing thread on the topic, or that you shouldn’t have resurrected an old thread.

So if you find a thread or an article discussion that interests you, whether it is old or new, feel free to jump in. Want to discuss a specific game or board gaming related topic just start a new topic. If you don’t know which forum to put it in, just make your best guess (we really don’t care all that much. It’s easy enough for a moderator to move it or merge it, if necessary).

A good place to get started is by introducing yourself in the “New Members Introduce Yourself” thread (below) or by telling us what you have been playing in the “What BOARD GAME(s) have you been playing?" thread ( therewillbe.games/forum/35-mos-eisley-ca...ave-you-been-playing ).

Have fun, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Explain Your Avatar

More
22 Dec 2010 08:12 #82747 by Stephen Avery
Damn Straight. I don't PLAY.

Even now clandestine forces are mobilizing to inflict savage and grievous damage.

-That coffee stain on the important paperwork...not a coincidence
-Bird droppings on your car...my work.
-No socks that match...Thats right. Suck it. I am everywhere and can get to anyone.

Your day of reckoning has just begun.

Steve"V"Avery

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2010 08:13 #82748 by Notahandle
Replied by Notahandle on topic Re:Explain Your Avatar
Stephen Avery wrote:
" Steve"poised to strike"Avery"
Poised, but apparently with a shaking hand. Is it the DTs or fear? Only time will tell...

More
22 Dec 2010 10:20 #82757 by moofrank
Replied by moofrank on topic Re:Explain Your Avatar
I did redo my avatar a month or so back. It is the Dreckach from Battle Beyond Space. The notes I sent the artist basically boiled down to "like the mutants in Hell Comes to Frogtown". Fortunately, he sort of ignored me.

More
22 Dec 2010 11:18 #82759 by JJJJS
Replied by JJJJS on topic Re:Explain Your Avatar
I think Destro's a pimp so I gave him some facial hair, a gold chain with medallion, 70s sunglasses, and a disco-y purple background. Right now, though, he's wearing a Pablo Sandoval Panda hat that he donned to support my favorite baseball team, the SF Giants, during the World Series. They won so he hasn't taken it off.

More
05 Jan 2011 17:32 - 05 Jan 2011 17:35 #83593 by southernman
Replied by southernman on topic Re:Explain Your Avatar
New Year so a new look (finally). Gruffy McEldar has been pensioned out of the Space Marines so I thought something relating to my favourite game of the last two years - Battlestar Galactica (the name was changed by my group after teh first month of plays to 'Tom is a Toaster').
It's an image of one of a set of promo posters that were apparently produced, I'm not sure when/where but I picked up some images of them.
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Jan 2011 17:35 by southernman.

More
05 Jan 2011 17:50 #83596 by Schweig!
Replied by Schweig! on topic Re:Explain Your Avatar
I hope people will still get my Gruffy McEldar 'toon although you've changed your avatar.

More
05 Jan 2011 18:37 #83601 by southernman
Replied by southernman on topic Re:Explain Your Avatar
Schweig! wrote:

I hope people will still get my Gruffy McEldar 'toon although you've changed your avatar.

I was thinking the exact same thing (very guiltily) as I typed my previous post. If you give me a heads up before it is published I will ensure Gruffy makes a return.

So say we all.

More
06 Jan 2011 01:15 #83619 by Stormcow
Replied by Stormcow on topic Re:Explain Your Avatar
Ditched my Gatchaman avatar for this new av, a soldier from LEGO castle. The old one seemed very Ameritrash, but I use this LEGO soldier (my other hobby) across other forums and it seems appropriate to consolidate.

More
18 Mar 2011 16:56 #91180 by OldHippy
Replied by OldHippy on topic Re:Explain Your Avatar
Temporary as I will always love that awful photo of me with a wig rockin an ovation mandolin (so glad I sold that one). But c'mon ... I met Cary Nord once and I got him to draw a photo of me greeting Conan.. who obviously chopped my head off. Then I colored it myself in photoshop or something, I don't remember. Love Cary though!

More
18 Mar 2011 17:08 #91182 by gorm
Replied by gorm on topic Re:Explain Your Avatar
Because (and it pains me to admit this) I kinda resemble Groucho Marx <sigh>. Plus he was funnier than hell.

Steve G.

More
18 Mar 2011 17:10 #91183 by gorm
Replied by gorm on topic Re:Explain Your Avatar
Southernman wrote:

New Year so a new look (finally). Gruffy McEldar has been pensioned out of the Space Marines so I thought something relating to my favourite game of the last two years - Battlestar Galactica (the name was changed by my group after teh first month of plays to 'Tom is a Toaster').
It's an image of one of a set of promo posters that were apparently produced, I'm not sure when/where but I picked up some images of them.

That's funny - everyone in my group always assumes I am the toaster when we play; funny thing is I never have been! I feel your pain Tom!

Steve G.

More
19 Mar 2011 01:52 #91213 by Amontillado
Replied by Amontillado on topic Re:Explain Your Avatar
My new Avatar these days is Necron99, a character from an aged piece of Ameritrash by Ralph Bakshi called Wizards. I first saw as it a double-feature with Dragonslayer back in the early 80s. I had gone to see Dragonslayer, but was pleasantly surprised with Wizards.

The movie doesn't grab me today, but this still of one of the principal characters, Necron99, still seems iconic of AT from the era.

More
19 Mar 2011 04:12 #91219 by Mr Skeletor
Replied by Mr Skeletor on topic Re:Explain Your Avatar
I was iobsessed with that picture as a kid (he was on the video cover from memory)

More
20 Mar 2011 12:23 #91296 by TheDukester
Replied by TheDukester on topic Re:Explain Your Avatar
Human, from Cosmic Encounter.

(I was going to say "the Human alien," ... but I caught myself just in time).

More
20 Mar 2011 23:49 #91344 by moofrank
Replied by moofrank on topic Re:Explain Your Avatar
I've always sort of liked Wizards, but *STILL* completely adore Dragonslayer as one of the best fantasy movies ever made.

Mostly because: it isn't Tolkein. It looks really Dark Ages. It stays surprisingly serious in tone (Disney in their "Watcher in the Woods" phase in the early 80's), and the effects still look decent today. (With some of that time period's matte compositing artifacts.)

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds