October 09, 2023
2288 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2504 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Welcome to one of the oldest board game communities on the Internet. That may sound like hyperbole but it really is true.

We are really happy to have you here. Unfortunately, being online we can't bond with you over a game so you'd know right away how happy we are to meet you. For now, you'll just have to take our word for it.

This site has always thrived on lively discussion and spirited but civil debate. We hope that newcomers here will find a welcoming atmosphere where game enthusiasts of all levels of experience and commitment will have something to add to the conversation. You never need to prove your “gamer cred” here. Whether you have been playing board games for a few months or a few decades; whether you have a huge collection or a small one; whether you have been a member here for years or just joined today – your opinion is valued here.

We know that it can be intimidating to jump into a new community and want to assure you that this is NOT the kind of forum where people will tell you that you posted something in the wrong place, or that you should have found an existing thread on the topic, or that you shouldn’t have resurrected an old thread.

So if you find a thread or an article discussion that interests you, whether it is old or new, feel free to jump in. Want to discuss a specific game or board gaming related topic just start a new topic. If you don’t know which forum to put it in, just make your best guess (we really don’t care all that much. It’s easy enough for a moderator to move it or merge it, if necessary).

A good place to get started is by introducing yourself in the “New Members Introduce Yourself” thread (below) or by telling us what you have been playing in the “What BOARD GAME(s) have you been playing?" thread ( therewillbe.games/forum/35-mos-eisley-ca...ave-you-been-playing ).

Have fun, and we look forward to hearing from you.

New Members Introduce Yourself

More
30 May 2013 18:47 #153228 by owenmp
I have been a visitor for several years, however I finally decided to register.

One of my first boardgames was Fortress America. :o)

I am a passionate fan (more accurately termed a fanatic) of Car Wars and other automotive combat tabletop games. My Web site and blog have a few links to resources for those games.

Seattle Washington Autoduel Team Headquarters (SWAT HQ)
www.seanet.com/~owenmp/swathome.html

Wheels, Weapons and the Wasteland
owenmp.wordpress.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2013 19:18 #153233 by ThirstyMan
Let me the first to welcome you.

Apologies if the post on the other thread came across as harsh.

More
30 May 2013 19:32 #153235 by jeb
HPBLTLPLT Are you in Seattle? I was just there! Damn it, man, get that labeled. I go up there twice a year for a couple of days. Dair can vouch for how handsome and funny I am.

More
30 May 2013 20:18 #153240 by Black Barney
Wot? Dair told me you have the sex appeal of a burning school bus full of children.

More
30 May 2013 20:59 #153243 by Hatchling

owenmp wrote: I am a passionate fan (more accurately termed a fanatic) of Car Wars and other automotive combat tabletop games.

Cool! I love Car Wars...or at least when there's a CW brain on hand who can run all the rules for us. I few of my friends are really into it. They scale it to hot wheel sized cars. Their different fleets are awesome psychedelic mishmash of Canadiana, communism and motorhead post-apocalyptic eccentricities.

More
31 May 2013 01:36 #153260 by Not Sure

Black Barney wrote: Wot? Dair told me you have the sex appeal of a burning school bus full of children.

You didn't recognize that as a compliment?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
31 May 2013 03:24 #153263 by SuperflyPete

Not Sure wrote:

Black Barney wrote: Wot? Dair told me you have the sex appeal of a burning school bus full of children.

You didn't recognize that as a compliment?

Obviously he was referring to HOT children.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
31 May 2013 13:10 #153292 by Legomancer
I've been lurking for a while, started posting recently. I'm a 40-something year old in Massachusetts. Been playing boardgames in earnest for about 9 years now (with some dabbling before that.) I'm Legomancer on GameCenter (though I don't tend to play too many different asyncs at once, thought Ascension is a perennial favorite), daveexmachina47 on Xbox Live, daveexmachina on Twitter, and I have a blog at www.daveexmachina.com .

Favorite boardgames are Power Grid, New Era, DungeonQuest, Steam, Thunderstone, Tikal, Small World, Mission: Red Planet, T&E. Game I love to hate are Ticket to Ride, Agricola, Bang, Imperial (though this is a weird case), Trajan, and all these same-ass bullshit no point games coming out these days.

I supposedly love Lego, though I've had builder's block for about a year now (I do a daily Lego image blog at legodiem.tumblr.com). I supposedly love Doctor Who, though the show has been a pile of crap since Moffat took over. I read comics but not mainstream cape stuff (I've been on a French sci-fi kick lately). I've given up on new music for the most part and just listen to the things I already like. I've little patience with nerdery, both of the traditional and nerdbro types.

I think that's it for now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, allismom3, Black Barney

More
01 Jun 2013 22:17 - 01 Jun 2013 22:18 #153354 by stormseeker75
This is a pretty fun place. I think you'll like it.

Also, follow this dude on Twitter. Highly random and usually pretty funny.
Last edit: 01 Jun 2013 22:18 by stormseeker75.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Legomancer

More
01 Jul 2013 15:30 #155522 by Flying False Colours
Okay, try again...

I was recently snuffling through the forums on Another Website when I had a sudden and somewhat alarming insight into myself: I've said it loud and I've said it proud (I've even said it properly with adverbs): "I am a Eurosnoot", only I'm not, because I realised that not only do I not like most Euro-games, I don't like many of the people who play them. You know, the ones who have an orgasm whenever they utter the name "Caylus" (sorry about the C-word).

Oh well! Maybe a new, better life awaits.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Rliyen

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds