I see a picture of a SW game and the following text:
Game Name

Publisher
MSRP
Status
Expected Release
Date

but that's it.

the funny thing is when I cut and paste those words into this, look at these new words that magically appear that I couldn't see before:

Game NameStar Wars: The Card Game
PublisherFantasy Flight Games
Details
MSRP $39.95
StatusAnnounced
Expected Release Date

I've decided that you're all pulling a prank on this ol' Canadian and you're writing your articles in lemon juice. I've started holding a match on the opposite side of my computer monitor but people at work started say I should be committed

and IE6 doesn't suck, it's just outdated. My horse-drawn carriage I use to get to work doesn't suck. It's just poorly insulated and sometimes the engine drops fesces
09 Feb 2012 16:46 #115755

Re: IE6 Fix - Need feedback

Pat, there are browsers you can run from a USB drive. You could load it up at home, then pop it in your 'puter at work and run it purely from the USB stick. Can you give that a try?

EDIT: Like Chrome Portable: portableapps.com/apps/internet/google_chrome_portable
I understand and appreciate your contributions
  • Ken B.
  • Big Dog
  • By Request Only
Last Edit: 09 Feb 2012 16:48 by Ken B..
09 Feb 2012 16:49 #115756

My work IT guys know good computer-FU and they've somehow made it that no USB drives work. I can't even upload pictures of my little girl to my PC :(

But I've seen two co-workers with Chrome on their desktop, I don't know how they did it.
09 Feb 2012 16:53 #115757

Black Barney wrote:
My work IT guys know good computer-FU and they've somehow made it that no USB drives work. I can't even upload pictures of my little girl to my PC :(

But I've seen two co-workers with Chrome on their desktop, I don't know how they did it.

My guess, as someone who works in IT? Those co-workers know someone in IT who did them a solid.

Firefox portable indicates it can be run from a CD-ROM.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefox_Portable
I understand and appreciate your contributions
  • Ken B.
  • Big Dog
  • By Request Only
09 Feb 2012 17:40 #115762

Sounds like the unbolded text is being displayed in the same color as the background.

Highlight the entire page and see if the rest of the article shows up.
Uba WANTS a lot of shitty opinions and HAS a tray of Maker’s Mark
  • ubarose
  • Bene Gesserit Mother
  • Yikes
09 Feb 2012 18:46 #115767

I have highlighted the entire page (several ways) and no text appears :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose
10 Feb 2012 05:26 #115825

/insert obligatory joke about the large volume of pr0n (most of it pics of me) present on Pat's hard drive causing his computer to run poorly
Last Edit: 10 Feb 2012 05:26 by imrahil327.
10 Feb 2012 14:00 #115857

Erroneous! Erroneous! With my photographic memory, I don't need to store those swimming pool pics of you on any type of electronic hard drive. I just close my eyes and.... POW
11 Feb 2012 10:50 #116053

I'm using IE6 at work, and I can see all the text in articles fine. The only weird thing is that there is a HUGE blank white space in between the content on all pages and the navigation bar at the very bottom. Like, a blank space many thousands of times longer than a full article with tons of comments or a full forum page.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.11 seconds
Text Size