October 09, 2023
2460 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2661 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

What happened to "Mayday! Mayday!" Humour article?

More
22 Mar 2011 10:13 #91584 by Notahandle
What happened to my "Mayday! Mayday!" Humour article? It's gone from 'published' to 'unpublished' in My Articles. Did someone ask for it to be removed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2011 10:35 #91588 by Black Barney
Octavian was made moderator for a day and took it down because the Iceberg picture was offensive. Icebergs have killed people in the past. It's offensive.

More
22 Mar 2011 10:45 #91591 by southernman
Replied by southernman on topic Re: What happened to
Black Barney wrote:

...Icebergs have killed people in the past. It's offensive.

So has Loter's hands but he is still allowed to type with them.

More
22 Mar 2011 10:47 #91592 by Pat II
Icebergs are cold killers.

Ice T's Iceberg is great though...

More
22 Mar 2011 14:37 - 22 Mar 2011 14:48 #91637 by Schweig!
Wasn't me. I'm done with cartoons anyway.

I seriously meant to do an Apple toon next but I better not follow through with that.

I'm extremely busy until circa July, and with the recent change of tone on F:AT I think it's best for me to take a break from the site for a while.
Last edit: 22 Mar 2011 14:48 by Schweig!.

More
22 Mar 2011 17:10 #91673 by Mr Skeletor
Replied by Mr Skeletor on topic Re:What happened to
Schweig! wrote:

I'm extremely busy until circa July, and with the recent change of tone on F:AT I think it's best for me to take a break from the site for a while.

Please don't.
Maybe we need to create a second set of boards for those of us not interested in creating another BGG clone? Maddog and I can moderate it. We can call it old school cocksuckers.

More
22 Mar 2011 17:20 #91678 by Black Barney
Replied by Black Barney on topic Re:What happened to
you had me at old...cocksuckers

What's wrong with the new tone of F:AT anyway? I hadn't noticed any change.

More
22 Mar 2011 17:31 - 22 Mar 2011 17:36 #91681 by southernman
Replied by southernman on topic Re:What happened to
Mr Skeletor wrote:

Schweig! wrote:

Please don't.
Maybe we need to create a second set of boards for those of us not interested in creating another BGG clone? Maddog and I can moderate it. We can call it old school cocksuckers.

But then all the fa ... everyone else will just show up if you call it that.

Schweig! wrote:

I seriously meant to do an Apple toon next but I better not follow through with that.

I frakkin double dare you to you soft cock - what are they making Germans out of these days, get some more Prussian into you ya wussy Bavarian.
Last edit: 22 Mar 2011 17:36 by southernman.

More
22 Mar 2011 17:37 #91685 by Ken B.
Replied by Ken B. on topic Re:What happened to
Schweig! wrote:

Alright, Schweig, ya got me. What's wrong with the tone of F:AT nowadays? Seems like the petty bickering and dick measuring has died down and things are sailing pretty smoothly. I'm honestly curious to hear what's bugging you.

More
22 Mar 2011 17:49 #91690 by Ancient_of_MuMu
Replied by Ancient_of_MuMu on topic Re:What happened to
Skeletor and Southernman seem to be bitter that some users say Octavian isn't a bad guy, but given how he is treated them that seems fair enough. Apart from that nothing seems to have signified any major change in tone.

More
22 Mar 2011 17:52 #91691 by Mr Skeletor
Replied by Mr Skeletor on topic Re:What happened to
Ken B. wrote:

Alright, Schweig, ya got me. What's wrong with the tone of F:AT nowadays? Seems like the petty bickering and dick measuring has died down and things are sailing pretty smoothly. I'm honestly curious to hear what's bugging you.

Unbelieveable.

More
22 Mar 2011 17:56 #91693 by southernman
Replied by southernman on topic Re:What happened to
Ken B. wrote:

Schweig! wrote:

Perhaps he's talking about the gradual tone seeping in where any bickering against specific people or topics that upsets certain other people now produces a BGG-type 'hater/bad-for-the-site/you-must-be-wrong-because-we-disagree' reaction - rather than the previous 'I disagree with you so I'll yell a lot why (and maybe call you a dickhead) but then carry on with my other shit while you do yours' atmosphere
Dissenting opinions may be equal, but some opinions may be more equal than others. Maybe the site can have nice uniform tops like cOctavian's in a few months.

More
22 Mar 2011 17:58 #91695 by Ken B.
Replied by Ken B. on topic Re:What happened to
Did somebody tell anyone not to say whatever they felt like? I know I sure as hell didn't. I'm pretty sure as far as Octavian was concerned, people were able to give it to him with both barrels, and did just that. So what's the problem?

More
22 Mar 2011 18:04 #91698 by Ancient_of_MuMu
Replied by Ancient_of_MuMu on topic Re:What happened to
notahandle seems to have followed Schweig around a bit with the whole apple thing, interjecting it everywhere, but that does seem to be about it. However, that sort of thing doesn't seem to be on other peoples radar even though it should. On another forum recently pretty much after every time I posted another user posted that I was a dick/useless/etc, until I blew up, and it shocked most users as they hadn't noticed it had been happening.

More
22 Mar 2011 18:16 #91699 by mjl1783
Replied by mjl1783 on topic Re:What happened to

Did somebody tell anyone not to say whatever they felt like? I know I sure as hell didn't. I'm pretty sure as far as Octavian was concerned, people were able to give it to him with both barrels, and did just that. So what's the problem?

Do you really want to open this particular can of worms?

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds