October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Michael Barnes Proudly Presents F:AT Secret Satan 2015

More
16 Nov 2015 13:17 #215200 by Michael Barnes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2015 20:58 #215201 by san il defanso
Looks like it's time to take the shovel to the reindeer stables again...

More
16 Nov 2015 22:44 #215212 by Bull Nakano
I have some outdated prescription drugs and toenail clippings for one lucky fattie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 433

More
16 Nov 2015 22:47 #215213 by Gary Sax

Bull Nakano wrote: I have some outdated prescription drugs and toenail clippings for one lucky fattie.

AND A COMPLETE COPY OF CARCASSONNE.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Barnes, 433

More
16 Nov 2015 23:08 #215215 by chris@everythingepic.us
well.. this sounds like.... F...u...N! :P

More
16 Nov 2015 23:16 #215217 by OldHippy
I'm going in this year. I haven't done it before but always kind of wanted to. If anyone is going to break my cherry properly, it's Satan.

Let's see what (s)he's got.

More
16 Nov 2015 23:28 #215218 by VonTush
As a Kickslaughter campaign I assume the Dec 23rd deadline really means July 17th?
Chinese New Year, Port Strike, Customs after all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 433, hotseatgames

More
17 Nov 2015 02:23 #215222 by SuperflyPete
The only stretch goals are your target's lips...

More
17 Nov 2015 10:25 #215230 by Gregarius
I *really* don't want to see a photo of your package.

More
17 Nov 2015 13:49 #215257 by boothwah

Gregarius wrote: I *really* don't want to see a photo of your package.

Which reminds me? Anyone else seen Barney's Xbox avatar - Who spends money to get an outfit so their toon can wear a nut hammock?

More
18 Nov 2015 15:01 #215364 by SuperflyPete
So, where are we at here? Did all F:ATties in good standing show up and toss their names in the cauldron of doom?

More
22 Nov 2015 18:42 - 22 Nov 2015 18:59 #215644 by daveroswell
OK. I'm done being nice about this hypocritical debacle. And I am going to come out and say some things, given the fact I will NEVER participate in Fortress ATs Secret Santa (yes, SANTA) again.

I am "peanut butter boxers" guy.

When I did this, I took extensive care to make it a joke, yet for the most part lend to a movie theme. Before sending it, I PMed Barnes, who at the time thought it was hilarious, and at the time defended me. Now I'm a "jerk who sent a potentially harmful substance in the mail"? Sorry. I call BS. I cannot fathom how essentially a contained (by contained I mean the "offensive items" were in a SEALED ZIPLOC) were potentially harmful, but I do see possibly "distasteful". At the same time, I did feel awful about the whole thing, and many times just wanted to settle up with the recipient. So no, this was not FUN for me. Call me a stick in the mud.

Mr. Barnes mentioned "calling people out". I call myself out, as well as this whole farce of a Secret Santa. Just put in the rule no perishable items and no moldy stuff and be done with it. How can a cup of peanut butter inside a (new pair of boxers by the way, let's get that out of the way too) be more harmful than mold (which I had gotten in the past)?

Again, I feel bad about it, which is never the intention, and had to "keep quiet" because of the secret part, yet had to hear about the whole thing on Facebook as well as the Fortress boards. Well, now let the holiday bloodbath ensue. I still defend what I did at the time given the rules in place. So who's the jerk now?

Anyone directly involved in my involvement in this feel free to PM me, or respond on the boards if you want. I truly don't care any more.
Last edit: 22 Nov 2015 18:59 by daveroswell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 433, jeb, ChristopherMD, Cranberries, OldHippy, wadenels

More
22 Nov 2015 18:54 #215645 by OldHippy
I would have taken a photo of me licking the peanut butter from off of the boxers if it came to me.

Then again I'm a filthy slob who's lived in the woods as much as in the city.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 433, daveroswell

More
22 Nov 2015 19:30 - 22 Nov 2015 19:31 #215647 by Michael Barnes
Dave, you are after the wrong rabbit here brother- I did think it was funny, and I did tell you in PM that it was brilliant. But I also heard from other folks that were pretty pissed about it, and this is a community event. And to be fair, if you're the guy that gets that and everybody else gets SOMETHING half decent...that's kind of crap. Because of that incident and because of what folks said to me in private I started having a few more rules.

Yeah I thought It was funny but Repoman- and others- didn't. So I sided with them too. I saw both sides of it.

What are you upset about anyway,It's become an in-joke, an F:AT legend. Hell, it's a fucking holiday tradition to bring that up again.

Turnout is low this year anyway, more of a low key event. You are welcome to give it another chance, il set you up with Pete...he loves dirty drawers.
Last edit: 22 Nov 2015 19:31 by Michael Barnes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
22 Nov 2015 20:10 #215653 by daveroswell

Michael Barnes wrote: Dave, you are after the wrong rabbit here brother- I did think it was funny, and I did tell you in PM that it was brilliant. But I also heard from other folks that were pretty pissed about it, and this is a community event. And to be fair, if you're the guy that gets that and everybody else gets SOMETHING half decent...that's kind of crap. Because of that incident and because of what folks said to me in private I started having a few more rules.

Yeah I thought It was funny but Repoman- and others- didn't. So I sided with them too. I saw both sides of it.

What are you upset about anyway,It's become an in-joke, an F:AT legend. Hell, it's a fucking holiday tradition to bring that up again.

Turnout is low this year anyway, more of a low key event. You are welcome to give it another chance, il set you up with Pete...he loves dirty drawers.

I was mostly pissed my identity wasn't out in the open. If people are truly upset at me or something I did, I want to deal with them directly; it is the union rep in me. The "secret" part always annoyed me. So people now know its me, and can deal with the "jerk" directly if they are still upset with it (old news at this point).
As I said, I'm out. You don't have to pair me up with Pete. We exchange drawers every time I go to his house yearly.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.484 seconds